Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jambodini)
    Quick question - if I don't get fished this year, can I re-apply to Cambridge next year? I had heard that once you'd been rejected you couldn't apply again, but reading an earlier post it looks like I might be wrong.

Thanks!
    You can reapply next year, it's just wise not to apply to the same college and make sure you have great results, most people that apply after their A levels have like 3 or 4 A*s

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how they decided to call people... like randomly??
    Maybe my name is not on the final list. This is probably it.
    It's past 6 and nothing yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilloneranger)
    Got asked to Churchill for a Law interview, having been pooled from Trinity Hall... does anyone whether my chances of an offer have changed at all?
    If re-interviewed your chances are roughly 50:50

ReputationRep:
    Any Geographers heard yet? Pooled by jesus but haven't hear anything yet

ReputationRep:
    Hey international applicant here, I will be studying at another town real soon (2 days) and the postal address that I've given them is the one I'm currently staying at, so will I get an automatic email of the decision as an international applicant? Or do I need to request for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honggau)
    I wonder how they decided to call people... like randomly??
    Maybe my name is not on the final list. This is probably it.
    It's past 6 and nothing yet.
    Same here. ;/

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Jambodini)
      Quick question - if I don't get fished this year, can I re-apply to Cambridge next year? I had heard that once you'd been rejected you couldn't apply again, but reading an earlier post it looks like I might be wrong.

Thanks!
      Definitely wrong! I was outright rejected without being pooled last year, and I easily fell into the worst applicants to be interviewed group. Worked hard for a year and now I have an offer.

Another friend of mine in the year above got pooled first year then got straight accepted the second time around.

ReputationRep:
      Has anyone who was pooled by Jesus heard anything?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by magic012)
      Hey international applicant here, I will be studying at another town real soon (2 days) and the postal address that I've given them is the one I'm currently staying at, so will I get an automatic email of the decision as an international applicant? Or do I need to request for it?
      I'm sure they'd send you an email if their phone calls don't get through. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by cambridge_please)
        What if I miss the phone call?
        The phonecall is just to inform you that you have been given an offer (if direct fishing). If you're getting reinterviewed, they will no doubt email you as well. Best advice; try not to miss the phonecall!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by 06waraujol)
        Any Geographers heard yet? Pooled by jesus but haven't hear anything yet
        I haven't heard anything yet, but someone earlier in the thread said they had been given an offer from Robinson... Great for them, but I'm losing all hope!

ReputationRep:
        I have a re-interview, though does anyone know if another college can still ring me up and ask for a re-interview as well? Thats the impression i get from reading stuff online, where i can be re-interviewed at 2 colleges - i just want to know whether that can happen

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by cambridge_please)
        What if I miss the phone call?
        I missed the phone call. They called back a few hours later.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by jh.)
        Has anyone who was pooled by Jesus heard anything?
        I haven't.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by DuckMuffin)
        I have a re-interview, though does anyone know if another college can still ring me up and ask for a re-interview as well? Thats the impression i get from reading stuff online, where i can be re-interviewed at 2 colleges - i just want to know whether that can happen
        Im afraid not

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Oromis263)
        The phonecall is just to inform you that you have been given an offer (if direct fishing). If you're getting reinterviewed, they will no doubt email you as well. Best advice; try not to miss the phonecall!
        Hi, I was pooled from king's for Natsci phi. I heard you got accepted, congratss!!! I'm an international applicant and there's no news yet...

ReputationRep:
        No way. Only one college can "claim" you. ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        Nope. Only the college who rang you could give you an offer now

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Oromis263)
        Do you know if it is the number provided on UCAS form that they call?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by zhangziruo)
        Hi, I was pooled from king's for Natsci phi. I heard you got accepted, congratss!!! I'm an international applicant and there's no news yet...
        Maybe as internationals we hear about it later?...

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.