Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound really stupid - but I applied for Education with English and Drama (pooled by St John's) - and Homerton is probably my best shot, as they are the Education college in a sense. However, as someone else on the thread was called by Homerton an hour ago with an offer for the same course - do you think it is therefore very unlikely for me to offered a place by them too? Gah, I hate this system! It makes me overthink everything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MRBall)
    Most of the colleges who've fished people have been the newer ones (robinson, fitz, ect), does it make any difference if you've been asked for interview at one of the older ones?

I got invited to come for Interview at Corpus Christi yesterday afternoon you see
    I dont think it makes any difference. All colleges need to fill their places. What subject are you applying for? I'm a first year at corpus.

ReputationRep:
    Interview for HSPS at Selwyn College on Thursday. Gahhh - Scared, but grateful they're considering me.

ReputationRep:
    Now, I know this probably won't help you swimmers. But if you're feeling as though you're sinking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MRBall)
    Most of the colleges who've fished people have been the newer ones (robinson, fitz, ect), does it make any difference if you've been asked for interview at one of the older ones?

I got invited to come for Interview at Corpus Christi yesterday afternoon you see
    I dont think it makes any difference. All colleges need to fill their places. What subject are you applying for? I'm a first year at corpus and was taken by pool after originally applying to Jesus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern_Ireland)
    Interview for HSPS at Selwyn College on Thursday. Gahhh - Scared, but grateful they're considering me.
    Congrats and good luck!! Selwyn seems to be on a roll. ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lieseldante)
    When I was on the phone to the Admissions woman, she said that they couldn't email people if they'd been fished because they have to (for some technical reason) send out all the offer to pooled people at the same time. That means that they have to wait until people have been interviewed.
    Which college was this?

(Original post by cambridge_please)
    What if I miss the phone call?
    They will get in touch with you somehow, probably by email. Don't worry.

(Original post by Dilloneranger)
    Got asked to Churchill for a Law interview, having been pooled from Trinity Hall... does anyone whether my chances of an offer have changed at all?
    They are now about 1 in 2.

(Original post by magic012)
    Hey international applicant here, I will be studying at another town real soon (2 days) and the postal address that I've given them is the one I'm currently staying at, so will I get an automatic email of the decision as an international applicant? Or do I need to request for it?
    I'd email them and request it, just to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuckMuffin)
    I have a re-interview, though does anyone know if another college can still ring me up and ask for a re-interview as well? Thats the impression i get from reading stuff online, where i can be re-interviewed at 2 colleges - i just want to know whether that can happen
    It can, but it would be surprising if the college you've already been called to for interview didn't mention that another was going to contact you as well. See the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern_Ireland)
    May I ask when/how you found out and what your UMS is? Ta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Aghhhh, people were contacted hours ago for English, I'm on the reject pile I can sense it!

(Original post by zhangziruo)
      Hi, I was pooled from king's for Natsci phi. I heard you got accepted, congratss!!! I'm an international applicant and there's no news yet...
      Cheers. Best of luck! What day was your interview? Hope it works out for you!

(Original post by cambridge_please)
      Do you know if it is the number provided on UCAS form that they call?
      Yes, it will be the one on UCAS.

ReputationRep:
      Are they calling your mobile or your home phone?
      because I want to know whether to take my mobile off silent and carry it round the house with me tomorrow.
      thanks

ReputationRep:
      Can anyone answer this?
      Once you've got a call telling you that a college has fished you and will make you an offer, how long does it take for the offer to arrive, and does it have to be a posted letter rather than an email?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sarr)
      Aghhhh, people were contacted hours ago for English, I'm on the reject pile I can sense it!
      *hugs tightly with mutual sadness even though I don't know you*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Silverland)
      x
      Any news?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Stardust95)
      May I ask when/how you found out and what your UMS is? Ta
      Email, and 95.5% in top three subjects.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nickyr212)
      *hugs tightly with mutual sadness even though I don't know you*

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Aw :hugs:, exactly what I need! What subject are you waiting to hear from?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mespannerhanz)
      I dont think it makes any difference. All colleges need to fill their places. What subject are you applying for? I'm a first year at corpus.
      I'm applying for Physical Natural Sciences, what do you study? and thanks

ReputationRep:
      ANYONE WHO WAS POOLED BY JESUS HEARD ANYTHING???

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.