Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Autopooled (97% avg.) for NatSci (phy) from Peterhouse. I'd rather they give me a rejection straight away. The long travel to interviews is not exactly pleasant.

ReputationRep:
    I've been pooled at Robinson for phys nat sci, not sure if it's autopooling or not.
    I did 3 sciences and maths AS, only sciences gives 88%, but 2 sciences & maths that i'm continuing give 92% average.

I'm also taking FM this year, extra, does that get taken into account?

ReputationRep:
    Just found out I've been pooled for Maths at St Johns...

I hope the fact there's no autopooling and it's a big college works in my favour...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerialVelocity)
    Pooled by Churchill for CompSci. To be honest I'm really not surprised considering there's 91 applications to about 18 places. :P I'm so glad that it's not a straight out rejection
    Same here! So many people applied this year! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belisarius)
    yay a fellow poolee from churchill

pooled for natsci (physical) from churchill

sorry if im being dense but what is this auto-pooling everyone keeps mentioning?
    Nobody with over 93% UMS in their three most relevant subjects (aside from mathmos and medics) can be given a straight rejection. If they're not given an offer from their chosen college, they must be pooled.

ReputationRep:
    Although all this waiting is awful, I'm relieved I haven't been autopooled, as I do IB (and I haven't already completed it). Still, I really really want to know why I was pooled, the extra wait is horrific.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pooled by Emmanuel for Computer Science. Roughly 95% UMS average. Playing the waiting game now... AGAIN!

ReputationRep:
    Mature student pooled by Peterhouse for NatSci Physical. Quite relieved it's not over yet, because I was convinced it would be a straight rejection.

Does any know whether mature students have more or less chance of being fished out?

ReputationRep:
    Just been pooled by Downing for HSPS. I'm relieved it wasn't an outright rejection, but all this waiting has been making me anxious. I've spent most of the Christmas holidays doing job interviews, so silently hoping I can get an offer without interview!

PS: Flailing in the pool right now (did I mention I don't know how to swim? )

ReputationRep:
    Pooled by downing for phys nat sci. When will the wait finally end!!!!!:hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray)
    Though that does mean that you were pooled because they felt you are a strong candidate, despite your UMS - so, it could also be seen as a positive.
    Thanks, I hope so. Do you think they will pay much attention to UMS at this stage, or do you think that by putting me in the pool they have made the decision that my academic record is good enough for Cambridge, and so concentrate more on interview marks, references etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisjevans)
    Pooled by downing for phys nat sci. When will the wait finally end!!!!!:hmpf:
    I feel your pain :/ Seriously, Downing, I thought what we had was special

ReputationRep:
    Pooled for physical natsci from Peterhouse. My ums average was really low so I never expected to be pooled (below 90%) but my interview went really well so it's a relief to know that at least my effort in that department has not been disregarded. I didn't think Peterhouse was such a popular college (although I have always been particularly uninformed throughout this whole application process) but there seem to be a few of us on this thread who have been pooled from Peterhouse for physical natsci. However, pooling somebody with UMS as low as mine seems a bit ridiculous - I'm trying to convince myself that my college put me in the pool because they are sifting through the competition as that would be a pretty sensible thing to do, and then they'll change their minds at the end of january and still take me. That would be nice (and yes, I do realise how unlikely that is!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TPJY)
    Pooled by Homerton for Economics

how do you know if it is automatic?

my letter said i was recommended so if youre pembroke and it didnt say that you can assume youve been autopooled

ReputationRep:
    I've been pooled by King's for Geography! :/ I got 92% UMS average, I'm presuming I wasn't autopooled? This waiting game is horrendous. Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyie)
    my letter said i was recommended so if youre pembroke and it didnt say that you can assume youve been autopooled
    so did mine but I have a 94.4% average (history) so pretty sure I've been auto-pooled, but this is from Downing so may be different :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Pooled by Clare for geography, with a UMS average of 93.8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist17)
    Thanks, I hope so. Do you think they will pay much attention to UMS at this stage, or do you think that by putting me in the pool they have made the decision that my academic record is good enough for Cambridge, and so concentrate more on interview marks, references etc?
    I think, based on what I've read, that different colleges prioritise different things. Hopefully what this means is that someone is looking for exactly the special sauce that you've got.

ReputationRep:
    POOOOOOOOOOOOOLED OH YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH. paaaahhaa was expecting straight out REJECTION!! by queens natsci bio!! Will be aloooot happier if i end up somewhere else, wasnt too keen on queens in the end!
    A*A*A*A and in 4 sciences and they didnt want me... :'D

THIS APPLICATION PROCESS IS SUCH A NIGHTMARE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah-madeline)
    POOOOOOOOOOOOOLED OH YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH. paaaahhaa was expecting straight out REJECTION!! by queens natsci bio!! Will be aloooot happier if i end up somewhere else, wasnt too keen on queens in the end!
    A*A*A*A and in 4 sciences and they didnt want me... :'D

THIS APPLICATION PROCESS IS SUCH A NIGHTMARE!
    Wait, you already have 3A* 1A at A2 level and you expected a rejection?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.