Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06waraujol)
    Yeah have you seen if anyone has been fished yet for geography?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't seen anyone fished yet! So maybe there is still hope!

ReputationRep:
    YAY I NO I FEEL SO LONELY! I was pooled by Jesus but think I was auto pooled... I haven't heard anything. Who pooled you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pooled by St Catz, not auto pooled... If that means it was based on interview performance i'm shocked since mine went terribly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarinaEve)
    Got fished, offer from Homerton College for History!
    congrats! very very very jealous

ReputationRep:
    People who have been fished: what have you been asked for? a friend was fished and they want A*A*A, was just wondering if this is an anomaly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honggau)
    Just now? At this hour?
    Hope they don't sleep, call over night. I would be happy with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ratio)
    45 people received law offers from the pool last year. I guess only one posted on TSR. Good luck! In any case, you have some excellent alternatives.
    Cheers Indeed I do, I really ought to just be satisfied with what I've got, a lot of people would kill for an LSE offer!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TheHaylio)
    Just got an offer through the pool guys- you can be lucky!

I got pooled from Clare to Newnham!
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you guys know anything about Homerton? It looks pretty..how far is it from the proper city?
    It's not way out, but it is a considerable distance towards the south. Most students there commute using the discounted bus service or by bike (there is a massive bike shelter - it's a popular option).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist17)
    Do you think it is significant that none of us ex-Jesus applicants have heard anything? Surely once you're in the pool, it doesn't really matter who pooled you?
    No I don't think it matters once we're pooled, it's just that your original college may reflect the strength of your application (i.e. oversubscribed colleges like King's, Clare, Trinity, may have stronger poolees due to the general strength of their applicants) but you can't tell anything really so don't worry about it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Do any of you guys know anything about Homerton? It looks pretty..how far is it from the proper city?
    Hahha you made me laugh "the proper city"

It's a mile south of Downing college, and only two miles from the pinpoint centre, so I suppose not as far as people say, and there are plenty of things on the way too, unlike Girton which is just...

ReputationRep:
    Where does this figure of "50% chance" after a re-interview come from? Is it that they might have 5 places and re-interview 10 of us fishes, or something else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose~)
    Pooled by St Catz, not auto pooled... If that means it was based on interview performance i'm shocked since mine went terribly!
    Yeah mine didn't go well!! I must have been auto pooled as mine were terrible and my ums average is over 93% and my I have only 5A*s at gcse so I reaaaaally doubt I'll be fished

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHaylio)
    Just got an offer through the pool guys- you can be lucky!

I got pooled from Clare to Newnham!
    Congrats!!! What time?

ReputationRep:
    DOES ANYONE NO IF ANY GEOGRAPHERS HAVE BEEN FISHED OR WILL BE RE INTERVIEWED?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by economist17)
    Any Economists been fished?
    Rather than making a post that probably won't get answered, use the 'search this thread' function - that way, you'll get the posts with the key word/s you're after and can look through them to see what's been happening.

I've just road-tested this approach using "geography" as the search term, and found that ludenburg is the only geographer so far to report an offer; no-one has reported being re-called for interview. Yet.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know up until what time colleges can contact us (applicants) tonight???
    This wait is torturous ):

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hizzle)
    I haven't seen anyone fished yet! So maybe there is still hope!
    Ah sk nobody here on the TSR has got dished yet for geography?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Rather than making a post that probably won't get answered, use the 'search this thread' function - that way, you'll get the posts with the key word/s you're after and can look through them to see what's been happening.

I've just road-tested this approach using "geography" as the search term, and found that ludenburg is the only geographer so far to report an offer; no-one has reported being re-called for interview. Yet.
    U r a star thank you so much!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rooosy)
    Aw thanks And yeah we shall see, they had 61 applicants for 8 or 9 places so I reckon we did pretty well even to make the pool
    Shiaaat, that's quite a lot!! See what happens, best to you

ReputationRep:
    I should get a life instead of stalking this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    Well done
    Thank you !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.