Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honggau)
    Congrats!!! What time?

5.00 pm ish thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06waraujol)
    Yeah mine didn't go well!! I must have been auto pooled as mine were terrible and my ums average is over 93% and my I have only 5A*s at gcse so I reaaaaally doubt I'll be fished

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let's keep hoping; there's still some time I reaalllyy love the geog department at Cambridge though! Which other unis have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarinaEve)
    Got fished, offer from Homerton College for History!
    Congratulations! How did they let you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Which college was this?
    Fitzwilliam.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah have you seen if anyone has been fished yet for geography?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My friend was fished earlier today for geography, she was called and got an offer, but I'm not sure from where.

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell whether having a low ums % is good or bad at the moment, as it obviously puts you at a disadvantage to those with higher, but also suggests that there was something else good about your application/interview that got you in the pool despite the low ums! Argh! Definitely overthinking everything right now :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose~)
    Let's keep hoping; there's still some time I reaalllyy love the geog department at Cambridge though! Which other unis have you applied to?
    Same I'd kill to go there!!! Erm offers from Sheffield and Bristol.. UCL interview on weds and haven't heard anything from Durham! And obvs Cambridge! What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolettuce)
    My friend was fished earlier today for geography, she was called and got an offer, but I'm not sure from where.
    O

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Cheers Indeed I do, I really ought to just be satisfied with what I've got, a lot of people would kill for an LSE offer!
    Some people almost chose to go to LSE over Cambridge law until about April (and some, probably never change their minds even.)

I know that's not terribly helpful as right now you want to get in. Good luck, but either way it's not the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuckMuffin)
    Where does this figure of "50% chance" after a re-interview come from? Is it that they might have 5 places and re-interview 10 of us fishes, or something else?
    It's the overall statistic drawn from the figures published by Cambridge (see the link/s in the OP). Within that there will be variation by subject and, possibly, college. I've certainly seen at least one example in previous years where two TSR users got called to the same college for reinterview for the same subject and both got offers. Remember that you collectively represent around 10% of the poolee population, and not all subjects are represented. So just take each opportunity on its merits and try not worry about the competition!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I think that's it for today! They are not calling anymore >_<
    We should go eat and revise!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by SherlockHolmes)
    Anyone heard back for Engineering?
    Nope have you?

ReputationRep:
    Did any economics poolees hear anything today?

ReputationRep:
    Same I'd kill to go there!!! Erm offers from Sheffield and Bristol.. UCL interview on weds and haven't heard anything from Durham! And obvs Cambridge! What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have offers from Durham, Bristol, Nottingham and Exeter. Good luck with your interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose~)
    I have offers from Durham, Bristol, Nottingham and Exeter. Good luck with your interview!
    Thank you you too!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know until what time colleges/admissions tutors can contact us (applicants) tonight regarding offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose~)
    Thank you!!!! And well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Another sleepless night to follow... :unimpressed: thanks Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist17)
    Do you think it is significant that none of us ex-Jesus applicants have heard anything? Surely once you're in the pool, it doesn't really matter who pooled you?
    That you haven't heard anything has nothing to do with which college pooled you. Everyone in the Pool had a fair chance of being fished, according to the strength of their application, not which college they applied to in the first place, if that's what you mean. Otherwise, assuming you have been fished, it's the college that's done so which will be in touch at some point. Colleges have only just received confirmation of which of their applicants didn't get fished out of the pool, and will be processing that information over the next few days. Jesus is usually reasonably quick in letting you know if you've been unsuccessful.

I realise you are anxious and that this is a stressful time, but negging me for advising you to use the search function is pointless. I didn't create this system; all I'm trying to do is to help people navigate their way through it and understand what's going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rob3rtlaw)
    Got fished by Robinson today at about 4 think I need to learn how to reply in a phone conversation when over the moon and serving customers at Millets at the same time
    :rofl:

Well, if I'd been your customer (a) I'd have known what you were talking about and (b) even if I didn't, I'd have been very pleased for you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.