Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose~)
    Let's keep hoping; there's still some time I reaalllyy love the geog department at Cambridge though! Which other unis have you applied to?
    Wayy! Some geography applicants! I agree! The geography department does seem very good! Not feeling very positive about the pool now you? Don't think my app is quite up to standard - I've got a UMS of 93.8 which I'm happy with but I don't feel like I could have scored more than 4-5/10 tops at interview, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toomanycats)
    Can anyone answer this?
    Once you've got a call telling you that a college has fished you and will make you an offer, how long does it take for the offer to arrive, and does it have to be a posted letter rather than an email?
    I was pooled and fished last year. I had an email on the monday evening and my letter came 2/3 days later. but this may vary between colleges. But once they have said you have an offer, that's it, they won't change their mind.

ReputationRep:
    Loosing hope every time I refresh this page (which is often) *Stretches out arms for hug*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ratio)
    Some people almost chose to go to LSE over Cambridge law until about April (and some, probably never change their minds even.)

I know that's not terribly helpful as right now you want to get in. Good luck, but either way it's not the end of the world.
    Haha, when I inevitably don't get fished by Cam you'll have to tell me some of your reasons for nearly picking LSE to make me feel better :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Fished!!!!!! :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mespannerhanz)
    I was pooled and fished last year. I had an email on the monday evening and my letter came 2/3 days later. but this may vary between colleges. But once they have said you have an offer, that's it, they won't change their mind.
    But were you fished immediately after the first pool letter?

ReputationRep:
    If anyone's looking for something to pass the next 4 minutes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amber13)
    Wayy! Some geography applicants! I agree! The geography department does seem very good! Not feeling very positive about the pool now you? Don't think my app is quite up to standard - I've got a UMS of 93.8 which I'm happy with but I don't feel like I could have scored more than 4-5/10 tops at interview, you?
    I'm feeling exactly the same way. I have a UMS of 97 but also feel my interview was not good enough! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helly)
    Loosing hope every time I refresh this page (which is often) *Stretches out arms for hug*
    *hugs* I'm doing the same, and really starting to think that I would be hearing anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypercube)
    Fished!!!!!! :')
    Did they just call you at this hour? Which course? And by which college?
    And omg congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amber13)
    Who pooled you? Yeah I bet they gave me a 3/4 tops!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow there will be similar amount of offers (but more non-interview since these are informed after the interviewing ones are informed)????

ReputationRep:
    Reject me already

ReputationRep:
    Are there going to be a similar amount of people contacted tomorrow you guys reckon?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06waraujol)
    Who pooled you? Yeah I bet they gave me a 3/4 tops!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Clare, you? Aahhh well we're in the same boat I suppose

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone for Natural Science (phys or bio) been fished??
    I've applied for chem eng via phys natsci.

I was wondering maybe because Natural Science is so big that it takes longer than other subjects to sort through and give out offers?

ReputationRep:
    If we still haven't been fished do you think we have to assume that we haven't been or does a lot of the contact take place tomorrow, gosh I sound like im freaking out, but I guess that's because I am. The pool is a cruel cruel mistress

ReputationRep:
    Anyone noticed that the vast majority of those fished are accounts with less than 10 posts. Do people make accounts just to announce they've been fished?

ReputationRep:
    I have a question to Minerva: My daughter has just been fished to girl's college, and does not wish to be in a girl's college. Is there anything that can be done at this stage regarding the application?

Also, do students occassionally move to another college once they are in one?

Sorry I am new to the forum so not sure whether I have sent the message to the right place.

ReputationRep:
    I was talking to a friend of mine who was pooled last year and she did the same - watched this thread (last year's version) and lost hope when people began to be fished out, but she finally got her offer from Jesus on the fifth day after! So don't lose hope

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.