The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by Rose~
Let's keep hoping; there's still some time :smile: I reaalllyy love the geog department at Cambridge though! Which other unis have you applied to?

Wayy! Some geography applicants! :biggrin: I agree! The geography department does seem very good! Not feeling very positive about the pool now you? Don't think my app is quite up to standard - I've got a UMS of 93.8 which I'm happy with but I don't feel like I could have scored more than 4-5/10 tops at interview, you?
Original post by toomanycats
Can anyone answer this?
Once you've got a call telling you that a college has fished you and will make you an offer, how long does it take for the offer to arrive, and does it have to be a posted letter rather than an email?

I was pooled and fished last year. I had an email on the monday evening and my letter came 2/3 days later. but this may vary between colleges. But once they have said you have an offer, that's it, they won't change their mind.
Reply 1242
Loosing hope every time I refresh this page (which is often) *Stretches out arms for hug*
Original post by ratio
Some people almost chose to go to LSE over Cambridge law until about April :wink: (and some, probably never change their minds even.)

I know that's not terribly helpful as right now you want to get in. Good luck, but either way it's not the end of the world. :smile:

Haha, when I inevitably don't get fished by Cam you'll have to tell me some of your reasons for nearly picking LSE to make me feel better :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
Fished!!!!!! :')
Reply 1245
Original post by mespannerhanz
I was pooled and fished last year. I had an email on the monday evening and my letter came 2/3 days later. but this may vary between colleges. But once they have said you have an offer, that's it, they won't change their mind.

But were you fished immediately after the first pool letter?
If anyone's looking for something to pass the next 4 minutes:

[video="youtube;YBeguUvuDzs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBeguUvuDzs[/video]
Reply 1247
Original post by Amber13
Wayy! Some geography applicants! :biggrin: I agree! The geography department does seem very good! Not feeling very positive about the pool now you? Don't think my app is quite up to standard - I've got a UMS of 93.8 which I'm happy with but I don't feel like I could have scored more than 4-5/10 tops at interview, you?

I'm feeling exactly the same way. I have a UMS of 97 but also feel my interview was not good enough! Good luck!
Reply 1248
Original post by Helly
Loosing hope every time I refresh this page (which is often) *Stretches out arms for hug*

*hugs* I'm doing the same, and really starting to think that I would be hearing anything :frown:
Reply 1249
Original post by hypercube
Fished!!!!!! :')

Did they just call you at this hour? Which course? And by which college?
And omg congrats!!!
Original post by Amber13

Who pooled you? Yeah I bet they gave me a 3/4 tops!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1251
Tomorrow there will be similar amount of offers (but more non-interview since these are informed after the interviewing ones are informed)????
Reply 1252
Reject me already
Are there going to be a similar amount of people contacted tomorrow you guys reckon?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1254
Original post by 06waraujol
Who pooled you? Yeah I bet they gave me a 3/4 tops!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clare, you? Aahhh well we're in the same boat I suppose :s-smilie:
Reply 1255
Has anyone for Natural Science (phys or bio) been fished??
I've applied for chem eng via phys natsci.

I was wondering maybe because Natural Science is so big that it takes longer than other subjects to sort through and give out offers?
(edited 11 years ago)
If we still haven't been fished do you think we have to assume that we haven't been or does a lot of the contact take place tomorrow, gosh I sound like im freaking out, but I guess that's because I am. The pool is a cruel cruel mistress
Reply 1257
Anyone noticed that the vast majority of those fished are accounts with less than 10 posts. Do people make accounts just to announce they've been fished?
Reply 1258
I have a question to Minerva: My daughter has just been fished to girl's college, and does not wish to be in a girl's college. Is there anything that can be done at this stage regarding the application?

Also, do students occassionally move to another college once they are in one?

Sorry I am new to the forum so not sure whether I have sent the message to the right place.
Reply 1259
I was talking to a friend of mine who was pooled last year and she did the same - watched this thread (last year's version) and lost hope when people began to be fished out, but she finally got her offer from Jesus on the fifth day after! So don't lose hope :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending