Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amber13)
    Clare, you? Aahhh well we're in the same boat I suppose
    Jesus! Yeah I'm expecting a rejection though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.or)
    I'm feeling exactly the same way. I have a UMS of 97 but also feel my interview was not good enough! Good luck!
    A ahh you lucky thing! Clever clogs! Well I think you've got a reasonable chance at it, go for it! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolettuce)
    My friend was fished earlier today for geography, she was called and got an offer, but I'm not sure from where.
    I found out earlier that I got an offer.
    I was pooled from Sidney Sussex for Geog and got an offer from Selwyn at 4pm today! I thought I'd get a phone call but it was by email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PooPoo)
    Has anyone for Natural Science (phys or bio) been fished??
    I've applied for phys via chem eng.

I was wondering maybe because Natural Science is so big that it takes longer than other subjects to sort through and give out offers?
    This is an excellent point and may account for why no Natsci pool offers have been dished out yet

Do you have an opinion on this Minerva?
    Also do you know if they fish on Sundays? Personally if I worked for CAO I'd like Sundays off~
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bord3r)
    Anyone noticed that the vast majority of those fished are accounts with less than 10 posts. Do people make accounts just to announce they've been fished?
    Probably. Just like the parent that posted just after you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat.2013)
    I was pooled from Sidney Sussex for Geog and got an offer from Selwyn at 4pm today! I thought I'd get a phone call but it was by email.
    Well done! So envious

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    This is an excellent point and may account for why no Natsci pool offers have been dished out yet

Also do you know if they fish on Sundays? Personally if I worked for CAO I'd like Sundays off~
    They do fish on Sundays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06waraujol)
    Jesus! Yeah I'm expecting a rejection though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too, no worries! Funny enough, I where interviewed by the head of Jesus geog department too!

ReputationRep:
    Pooled from Sidney Sussex for Vet Med, fished by Newnham, unconditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat.2013)
    Well done!! Feeling rather jealous and slightly hopeless now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    It's the overall statistic drawn from the figures published by Cambridge (see the link/s in the OP). Within that there will be variation by subject and, possibly, college. I've certainly seen at least one example in previous years where two TSR users got called to the same college for reinterview for the same subject and both got offers. Remember that you collectively represent around 10% of the poolee population, and not all subjects are represented. So just take each opportunity on its merits and try not worry about the competition!
    Thank you so much for all your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    They do fish on Sundays.
    You sound like a chef :')
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiro2008)
    Pooled from Sidney Sussex for Vet Med, fished by Newnham, unconditional offer.
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    As loads of people have said, today was just the tip of the iceberg. Although some decisions may have been made, we have to remember that not all decisions have. We have alot of time until the final rejection comes through so until that letter/email comes through dont lose hope! All people who got into Cambridge from my school last year got in through the winter pool (6 people) and one even had to go through the stress of the summer pool. But thats not the point, just remain positive and try not to count yourself out until that rejection letter comes through- which it wont for alot of people! So, lets get drunk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amber13)
    Wayy! Some geography applicants! I agree! The geography department does seem very good! Not feeling very positive about the pool now you? Don't think my app is quite up to standard - I've got a UMS of 93.8 which I'm happy with but I don't feel like I could have scored more than 4-5/10 tops at interview, you?
    Don't worry I'm not feeling positive either! I have a UMS of 100 for Geog (Edexcel) though I know my interview went terribly. I thought I knew quite a lot about European migration but they focused on the financial crisis! Also got into an argument about ice cores with one of the interviewers =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bord3r)
    Anyone noticed that the vast majority of those fished are accounts with less than 10 posts. Do people make accounts just to announce they've been fished?
    Of course they do. People lurk, then when they get in they post. People don't want to post that they got rejected so don't make accounts

ReputationRep:
    I've been pooled by Trinity Hall, MML. Fingers crossed an' all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)

Im BioNatsci and been watching it, NOONE seems to be science offers...seems to be geog/history etc. havent seen sciencey ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by campool)
    I have a question to Minerva: My daughter has just been fished to girl's college, and does not wish to be in a girl's college. Is there anything that can be done at this stage regarding the application?

Also, do students occassionally move to another college once they are in one?

Sorry I am new to the forum so not sure whether I have sent the message to the right place.
    She can reject the offer...

No, they don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hebbamundo)
    Did any economics poolees hear anything today?
    Still haven't heard anything! I applied to Downing. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.