Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toaster999)
    I've been pooled by Trinity Hall, MML. Fingers crossed an' all.
    (Original post by Izzz)
    Just been pooled from Trinity Hall for MML, probably autopooled... But it's not straight rejection!
    So that's three of us already :eek:

Were any of you interviewed on the 6th? Martin Ruehl, Peter Hutchinson, Isabelle Mcneill, Andreaa Weisl-shaw were the interviewers I had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishEagle95)
    It is homephone, and they can't change their mind about who they want now, the final list circulated at 3. Chill!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose~)
    Don't worry I'm not feeling positive either! I have a UMS of 100 for Geog (Edexcel) though I know my interview went terribly. I thought I knew quite a lot about European migration but they focused on the financial crisis! Also got into an argument about ice cores with one of the interviewers =/
    I had a UMS of 100 in geography (wjec) too! and felt me interview was equally as bad! I don't think I've ever answered "hmmm... I'm not sure, what do you think?" to as many questions in my life! :L how embarrassing! but ahhhh... The financial crisis doesn't sound good! :L Ohh well at least you showed interest and enthusiasm about ice cores!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by campool)
    I have a question to Minerva: My daughter has just been fished to girl's college, and does not wish to be in a girl's college. Is there anything that can be done at this stage regarding the application?

Also, do students occassionally move to another college once they are in one?

Sorry I am new to the forum so not sure whether I have sent the message to the right place.
    As far as I understand, it's a "take it or leave it" offer, since as soon as a college makes an offer, the other colleges are unable to give one.

A lot of girls are fished into all-girls colleges but I've never heard of anybody being able to move around once they've been placed.

If it's any reassurance, a lot of people from my school ended up being pooled to colleges like Newnham and Murray Edwards and absolutely loved it.

ReputationRep:
    Why won't they put me out of my misery, I almost broke a bone scrambling to the phone when it rang a few minutes ago, thank you mother. :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ET2)
    I have been pooled by Pembroke for PBS but have not heard anything yet... do you know of anyone who has? Where did you originally apply?
    PBS also, been pooled from King's. I'm pretty sure I've read every single post on here in my meticulous stalking of the thread (so stressed!) and I haven't seen anyone mention being fished for PBS. Contrary to what someone else said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polymath)
    So that's three of us already :eek:

Were any of you interviewed on the 6th? Martin Ruehl, Peter Hutchinson, Isabelle Mcneill, Andreaa Weisl-shaw were the interviewers I had.
    I'm the guy you asked to play pool with, but then two students started playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    I think 'knowing where we stand' is a slight over statement...
    I agree, its not easy to stand in a pool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahO.o)
    Why won't they put me out of my misery, I almost broke a bone scrambling to the phone when it rang a few minutes ago, thank you mother. :unimpressed:
    Still no word, either My mobile started buzzing an hour ago and I jumped straight across the room for it, but it was my friend asking "Any news?".

Personally, I think it'd make more sense if Cambridge let people know if they'd been pooled sooner, like at Oxford, where they keep you at the college for an extra day to be interviewed by other colleges!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raiden95)
    I agree, its not easy to stand in a pool
    It depends how deep it is...

ReputationRep:
    been FISHED!!!!! found out I had been pooled for Christ's college yesterday for law, and have now been offered a place at robinson college! soo glad it was without interview!! good luck to everyone still waiting! xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else watching Britain's Brightest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elle_mackenzie_x)
    been FISHED!!!!! found out I had been pooled for Christ's college yesterday for law, and have now been offered a place at robinson college! soo glad it was without interview!! good luck to everyone still waiting! xoxo
    Congratulations, when and how did you discover this news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06waraujol)
    Ah I was interviewed by Dr Tucker and Prof dowdeswell who were both lovely! Messed mine up though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well they must of seen something in you for you still to be here! Ahh right, I was interviewed by Dr Sarah Radcliffe from Jesus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elle_mackenzie_x)
    ahhhhhh first Law poolee without interview, congratulations! When did you find out? And what's your average UMS? Sorry for all the questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpeyj)
    It depends how deep it is...
    If there's a lot of people in a pool, the added volume would make it pretty deep

ReputationRep:
    Anyone pooled from MURRAY EDWARDS for Land Economy??

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately those who applied for popular courses like sciences (like me) are very unlikely to be pooled successfully because almost all the other colleges are likely to have filled their quota at the start and pooled their own people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    Congratulations, when and how did you discover this news?
    Hi! thank you so much!! I found out 5pm this evening - they rang my house phone!! I had my mobile glued to me thinking they may ring me on that but in the end it was my home phone are you waiting?? xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raiden95)
    If there's a lot of people in a pool, the added volume would make it pretty deep
    Well it is getting shallower and shallower as colleges go fishing :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.