Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpeyj)
    Hi everyone I have been pooled from Selwyn for Natural Sciences! Judging by other posts, I won't have been auto pooled as my ums is 88% average.
    Also been pooled from Selwyn for Natural Sciences..don't think any natsci applicants have been fished out yet. Guess that means tomorrow is the day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polymath)
    Hahha you made me laugh "the proper city"

It's a mile south of Downing college, and only two miles from the pinpoint centre, so I suppose not as far as people say, and there are plenty of things on the way too, unlike Girton which is just...
    Oi, Girton is also only 2 miles from the centre...
    (Look at me defending my possible new future college )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lux-Aeterna)
    Anyone else watching Britain's Brightest?
    Yes!

I applied for that show! I messed up my phone interview though because I couldn't hear the puzzle question she said correctly... twice :V

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06waraujol)
    I really doubt I'll get a place tbh I only have 5 stars at GCSE! Kinda glad I know I'll probably be rejected as then it's less of a disappointment Wooo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AS UMS is a far better indicator anyway, and you got this far...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chillichilli)
    Hi guys,

I have been following this page and I would like to share my pool status.

I have been placed into the pool by Caius (architecture). Although I loved that college.. their organisation this year has been horrible! I am an EU student and btw last year my friend (EU as well) was called back for reinterview from the pool. So it is not quite sure that they will not call you back if you are EU. I believe it applies to non-EU international applicants.

Getting fished for architecture is so unlikely and getting so down.
    I haven't been pooled but I agree about Caius' lack of organisation. Not only did my interview letter come around 4 days late, but my decision letter is also late and I still haven't recieved it haha.

ReputationRep:
    I'm basically moving on and thinking about reapplication anyway... Next year I might actually choose 'that other place' (at least they're kind enough not to have all this pooling!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystic Creature)
    Also been pooled from Selwyn for Natural Sciences..don't think any natsci applicants have been fished out yet. Guess that means tomorrow is the day!
    Hi! I think I remember speaking to you before the interviews concerning the whole delayed interview invitation debarcle! And no I haven't seen anyone, the wait continues... Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Pooled by Jesus for Maths. Fished today and got an offer over the phone from Murray Edwards All girls college but I really don't care any more.

ReputationRep:
    I've been put in 'the pool' by trinity to read architecture but feel I came across better in interview and personal statement than on grades, what do Unis picking from the pool look at more? Do they just overlook people with non straight A's in the past even if they had good interviews?
    Well done btw to those with offers!!
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndyJK9)
    Pooled by Jesus for Maths. Fished today and got an offer over the phone from Murray Edwards All girls college but I really don't care any more.
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by campool)
    I have a question to Minerva: My daughter has just been fished to girl's college, and does not wish to be in a girl's college. Is there anything that can be done at this stage regarding the application?

Also, do students occassionally move to another college once they are in one?

Sorry I am new to the forum so not sure whether I have sent the message to the right place.
    congratulations to you and your daughter . do you mind saying the course and the colleges involved as we are also waiting to hear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ingénue)
    I'm basically moving on and thinking about reapplication anyway... Next year I might actually choose 'that other place' (at least they're kind enough not to have all this pooling!)
    Me too only that I'm (perhaps stupidly) thinking of applying to the same college but for a different subject. Ugh I hate feeling this desperate. There, I said it.

ReputationRep:
    Just been fished by Christ's for Computer Science. I was originally pooled by Emmanuel. Very pleased

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanyboy57)
    Just been fished by Christ's for Computer Science. I was originally pooled by Emmanuel. Very pleased
    Congratulations!
    How just is this just?

ReputationRep:
    when did they contact you? email?phone?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone!
    I've been casually following this thread and thought I'd better make myself known
    I've been (auto-)pooled from Clare for Phy NatSci.... My UMS Average is 93.8 (Or there abouts) and my interviews were pretty abysmal so I don't think I'm in with much of a chance of being fished out of this pool (seems more like a sea!) of poolees....
    Anyway, best of luck to everyone, fingers crossed for you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polymath)
    Well take 80 to 90% times by the number of economics applicants, and that's the number interviewed.

Then remove the number of direct offers, and you roughly get the number of people in the pool, although some of them will have been pooled and offered by the original college, and some of them will have been rejected.
    you think everyone who doesn't get a straight offer gets pooled? according to the sheet that arrived with my letter, out of around 15500 places, 3500 are pooled. so surely if you are going to speculate about this, the you should assume that the proportion of pooled economics applicants is the same as the proportion of pooled applicants for the whole university? using last years statistics that's around 200 economists in the pool, with 26 fished, that's around 1/7 chance of getting fished, which is lower than the commonly quoted 1/4 -1/3 chance of being fished out of the pool in general.

of course we can never be sure unless cambridge publish the data and we should listen to minerva and concede that it's a futile and pretty pointless task

i just want an offer! :argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    Congrats
    Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Georgie)
    Oi, Girton is also only 2 miles from the centre...
    (Look at me defending my possible new future college )
    I know, but the point was that there's nothing on the way Homerton has loads of stuff around it and to the East :0

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.