Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanyboy57)
    Just been fished by Christ's for Computer Science. I was originally pooled by Emmanuel. Very pleased
    Congratulations! So pleased for you (and admittedly pretty jelly! )
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toaster999)
    Hahaha! You too! I've never bothered working my UMS out, & my 3 best aren't quite my 3 most relevant, so *shrugs*
    My three best include Maths and Further Maths, which is a bit awkward for an MML applicant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polymath)
    My three best include Maths and Further Maths, which is a bit awkward for an MML applicant
    HEEEY I'm the same as a history applicant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahO.o)
    Why won't they put me out of my misery, I almost broke a bone scrambling to the phone when it rang a few minutes ago, thank you mother. :unimpressed:
    I got a call last year from one of the uni's I had applied to and nearly crashed my car in my desperation to answer it! They rejected me as well lol x
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    HEEEY I'm the same as a history applicant!
    At least my third is German, but then my other two subjects are irrelevant too - Economics and Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanyboy57)
    Just been fished by Christ's for Computer Science. I was originally pooled by Emmanuel. Very pleased
    Congrats! Just curious, what did they say in your pooled letter?

ReputationRep:
    At least my third is German, but then my other two subjects are irrelevant too - Economics and Physics
    Ah interesting, what made you choose MML? My best subject is history, but then it goes Maths, Further Maths, French :P
    Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregzz)
    when did they contact you? email?phone?
    (Original post by JKA17)
    Congratulations!
    How just is this just?
    I got an email at 5.20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahO.o)
    I know four people, including myself, who have been pooled by Downing for HSPS, one of whom was fished earlier today. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow but I really can't concentrate on my revision -.- Good luck! I hope we hear soon
    Do you know what college s/he was pooled into?

Yup, same! Too nervous to concentrate - I don't have January exams but I have to learn play lines and write 2 essays, neither of which I can focus on.

I've got my fingers crossed for us both
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    Ah interesting, what made you choose MML? My best subject is history, but then it goes Maths, Further Maths, French :P
    Good luck!!!
    I like languages (I took French GCSE as well, probably should have taken it to A-level to have stood a chance), and the course allows you to study things like linguistics, philosophy and political thought, which I also like.

ReputationRep:
    My best was Geography... then German, then French and then two other irrelevant subjects (I'm applying for French & Spanish, so that's not too bad, just annoying that French wasn't first)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meat is Murder)
    I got a call last year from one of the uni's I had applied to and nearly crashed my car in my desperation to answer it! They rejected me as well lol x
    Ahaha, I think the moral of our stories is to keep a cool(ish) head, what will be, will be. I hope it's better news for you this year x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honggau)
    Did they just call you at this hour? Which course? And by which college?
    And omg congrats!!!
    The rang me at 6.30pm or something like that.
    Maths
    Newham

And thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honggau)
    Just now? At this hour?
    No at like 5.30ish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helly)
    congrats! very very very jealous
    thanks! where did you initally apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bombay Bicycles)
    Me too only that I'm (perhaps stupidly) thinking of applying to the same college but for a different subject. Ugh I hate feeling this desperate. There, I said it.
    I hate feeling so reliant on them! I've not given up hope but I'm just being realistic, really. Which college/subject did you apply for this year, out of interest? And which subject might you change to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oggdeferrer)
    Congratulations! How did they let you know?
    Thank you! They phoned my house around 5.30pm

ReputationRep:
    I know, but the point was that there's nothing on the way Homerton has loads of stuff around it and to the East :0
    Homerton has very little around it

Girton has lots. It has an Aldi just opposite it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toaster999)
    My best was Geography... then German, then French and then two other irrelevant subjects (I'm applying for French & Spanish, so that's not too bad, just annoying that French wasn't first)
    Perhaps Biology and Environmental Studies aren't that irrelevant, I mean.. you know.. France has an environment

I'm hoping they would see Economics as relevant to the political thought within MML German, where you study economists like Marx and Engels :dontknow:

You weren't the guy from Habs were you? Or perhaps you were the guy with the northern accent? I have no idea who you were, I just distinctly remember saying "let's play pool" and then two current students starting to play instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacemenrule94)
    Do you know what college s/he was pooled into?

Yup, same! Too nervous to concentrate - I don't have January exams but I have to learn play lines and write 2 essays, neither of which I can focus on.

I've got my fingers crossed for us both
    Newnham so female :P I have two exams and the first is next Friday, I don't want to fail because I was stressing over uni then not get into uni because I failed. My life is a sham.

If I believed in God I would be praying for us right now, I'll have to rely on my desperate mental pleading haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.