Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone pooled for MML?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_X_0.0)
    Heard nothing from any college yesterday...I guess this weekend is just a start. I think the following weekdays are really crucial...and torturous
    Because of the eight-hour time difference I usually stay up till 1 AM.. Insomnia is a common phenomenon for all poolees no matter where you are 0.0
    Hi, I'm in the exact same situation.. I'm an applicant from Singapore. Are you from China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, or Singapore?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Hiya Minerva,

Thank you so much for this thread again - it was a great source of comfort last year, and whilst I am really depressed to be in this situation again this year - I am glad that this is here!

I've been pooled by St Johns for Education with English and Drama, and I was thinking that the best shot I had at being fished was by Homerton. Homerton have already fished someone else out (from this thread!) for the same subject. Do you think this means that they have stopped giving offers, and I should wait with bated breath at the possibility of an offer from somewhere else? Gah - this is so stressful!

Once you can see that a college has made a batch of offers, I assume it is fairly unlikely that they will make any more offers at a later period...

This system just makes me overthink everything!

Good luck to everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    It's only the first day so far, so you needn't give up hope yet. Also, from what I've read, many of you look to be in great positions with ums scores well over 90. I've been putting into pooling by Queens' for Law. My ums is only 81, so I honestly have no idea how I've got this far- which shows that they're taking many things into account besides simply ums (hopefully some comfort to my fellow under 90s). Realistically less than 1/3 of us will be pooled, but to be in this not so lovely pool shows that we're all strong applicants & we shouldn't be disheartened completely by a rejection. Keep your fins up and hopefully a lifeguard will come to the rescue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhangziruo)
    Hi, I'm in the exact same situation.. I'm an applicant from Singapore. Are you from China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, or Singapore?

I am from China. It's hard to keep myself from being distracted although I know it is impossible for them to email me at mignight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_X_0.0)
    I am from China. It's hard to keep myself from being distracted although I know it is impossible for them to email me at mignight!
    lol. yea, its torturous. I was pooled from kings for NatSci. You?

ReputationRep:
    Resorted to watching Cbeebies to pass the time as I can't sleep!
    Finding out all about an incy wincy spinder that seems to be having a worse time than me.

I think I've finally gone mad.

ReputationRep:
    My friend got pooled by kings to read linguistics but fished by homerton yesterday, also I got 8A*s gcse but did awful in my AS's like abcc, so no idea why I'm even in the pool!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeHParkin)
    My friend got pooled by kings to read linguistics but fished by homerton yesterday, also I got 8A*s gcse but did awful in my AS's like abcc, so no idea why I'm even in the pool!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhangziruo)
    lol. yea, its torturous. I was pooled from kings for NatSci. You?

Pooled from Pembroke, Bio Natsci...

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person thinking I got literaly no chances of getting fished? Pooled by Homerton for eco and ums average <93%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soempty)
    Am I the only person thinking I got literaly no chances of getting fished? Pooled by Homerton for eco and ums average <93%.
    I'm not feeling that optimistic. I got pooled by Downing for Economics as well and don't have a UMS at all (as my exam board is CIE and they don't do UMS) so I don't know how that will go down with other colleges judging me on paper compared to those with a UMS they can refer to. Did you take AS Further Maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathMan)
    Hi Guys,

My AS UMS average was 95% and I applied for Engineering at Girton, I believe that I met the autopooling criteria however I was sent a straight rejection could this be an admin error??
    Was there one really weak spot in your application?

ReputationRep:
    sorry to ask but can we have more details, gcse/AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathMan)
    Hi Guys,

My AS UMS average was 95% and I applied for Engineering at Girton, I believe that I met the autopooling criteria however I was sent a straight rejection could this be an admin error??

Some subjects use what they called Scientific-UMS, maybe you can check the pdf file for admission officers, the link is on the first page.

ReputationRep:
    Another day, another chance....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hebbamundo)
    I'm not feeling that optimistic. I got pooled by Downing for Economics as well and don't have a UMS at all (as my exam board is CIE and they don't do UMS) so I don't know how that will go down with other colleges judging me on paper compared to those with a UMS they can refer to. Did you take AS Further Maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did not take AS further maths, but I have done maths a-level last year and will be doing a2 further maths and as additional further maths this year.

ReputationRep:
    So has anyone actually heard anything since finding out they were pooled?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else been given a place by Newnham and is pretty unsure about going to an all girls college???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanmayee)
    So has anyone actually heard anything since finding out they were pooled?
    quiet few people did approx 10-20people (closer to 10)
    ask Minerva SHE is hopefully keeping a list or something (well I'm not sure if she's making the list as she goes or if she will make it at the end but last year SHE made one so I'm hoping SHE will make one this year too )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.