The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxLozzxx
Me, pooled from christ's. What about you? I'm pretty sure I have no chance of getting fished as my law test went horribly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I was pooled from Clare, yeah I wasn't too proud of my exam there either! But they must of gone better than we thought! :smile:
Original post by BethanyJane
Yes :biggrin: Good luck x

And to you :biggrin: x
Reply 1842
Original post by nicolettuce
Don't give up hope because of that - the way I see it, it's a good thing because it means your interviews must have been good! I'm pretty sure the only reason I didn't get a straight rejection is because I meet the autopool criteria haha.

Haha, thanks fellow Robinson poolee. I don't know if I should think negatively so if I get eventually rejected, I wouldn't feel so bad or have hope. To be honest, I'd rather Cambridge to tell me now if I'd been fished or not, then I can move on quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BethanyJane
Anyone pooled for law? :smile:

:hi:
Reply 1844
Original post by theodora45
anyone pooled for English? I'm from Sidney Sussex and apparently they pool loads, but it's so competitive I'm not hopeful :frown:

Me! Pooled from Selwyn, not expecting to be fished :frown:
Reply 1845
Original post by jqian
Haha, thanks fellow Robinson poolee. I don't know if I should think negatively so if I get eventually rejected, I wouldn't feel so bad or have hope. To be honest, I'd rather Cambridge to tell me now if I'd been fished or not, then I can move on quickly.

exactly, I don't understand why colleges can't just email people of the outcome straight away after the CAO sends the email out about interviews etc, pretty sure it's not that hard!
Reply 1846
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
Who's heard stuff for maths? Still waiting... I thought the chances for maths applicants in the pool would be quite good...

I got a offer (from the pool) for Homerton, a lot of mathmos seem to be re-interviewed I reckon its because most people have high UMS so its not much of a distinguishing factor
Reply 1847
Original post by Minerva
I don't think you should make any assumptions based on wording :smile:

haha.. okay :smile: but why would they say we recommended you if it wasnt the case? :/ anyways i have a UMS of like 85 so i dont expect it was autopooling :P hey,, as i'm an international applicant and they dont interview me, does that mean i should hear back from them before interviews start?
Reply 1848
Original post by jamil78613
Any medics out there?

Here's one. Pooled by caius.
I'm just hoping 5 colleges want me so much its taken them since yesterday to decide who gets me lol.
Reply 1850
Been fished for MML by Girton! Direct offer! Just got the email now, literally five minutes ago :biggrin: so happy, I actually screamed when I saw the email! Good luck to all you other poolees, all hope is not lost!

Edit: in case it helps anyone or for the stats, my original pooling college was Trinity
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ingénue
Been fished for MML by Girton! Direct offer! Just got the email now, literally five minutes ago :biggrin: so happy, I actually screamed when I saw the email! Good luck to all you other poolees, all hope is not lost!

Incredible, well done :smile:

What do you think my interview from Fitz will be about? Will it be like a normal interview, or a weird post-pool kind of interview..
Original post by theminimg
Thanks, I've got an offer for history and unless when I visit newnham I absolutely hate it I really would love to go - look beautiful and company friendly! I would be reading history - thoughts?

I can't imagine you would hate it - it's a very pretty college and the only downside is that there's only a few really good kitchens in the college but that's the case at a lot of the colleges, I believe. As you've already experienced an all girls school that won't come as a shock to you, so I imagine you'll be fine and as other people have said you can put as much or as little into college life as you want. Some people spend their entire life in their college whereas other people pretty much just sleep there and then spend their waking hours with friends from other colleges. I imagine history is probably more female heavy (maybe 60:40) but it's not so female dominated as other subjects like English or languages. I don't know though, that's just my opinion based on the people I knew when I was at uni and the applicants I come across on here!
Original post by ingénue

Oh wow, that's amazing!! :biggrin: Congratulations! It seems they are giving offers on Sundays then. :smile:
Original post by jamil78613
Any medics out there?

Hi I'm a medic. Was pooled by Pembroke and was fished by murray edwards offering me an interview at about 6 last night x
Original post by ingénue

Original post by lucylawson
Hi I'm a medic. Was pooled by Pembroke and was fished by murray edwards offering me an interview at about 6 last night x

Congratulations!
Can we contact our preferred college to ask whether wev been rejected or not? Just to get it over with or just leave it? I hate waiting :frown:
Original post by ingénue

CONGRATULATIONS!! i was pooled from downing for MML, still waiting to be fishedd. What languages??
Original post by lambo123
Has anyone heard anything for HSPS?

I've got another interview at Selwyn. Got pooled by King's.
Reply 1859
Original post by MissMedic
Can we contact our preferred college to ask whether wev been rejected or not? Just to get it over with or just leave it? I hate waiting :frown:

I was thinking the same thing :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest