Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR New Year Transformation Contest - Official Entry Thread Watch

Entry is now closed, and I have updated the start thread.

MaxiRaw and Muscle Supermarket will be sponsoring the competition, just finalising the details and I'll let you know the prizes.

Mods you can close this thread now until the end, i'll message you if anything needs editing

Good luck all!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone! Let the best man/ woman win

ReputationRep:
    Hey can I still enter please? Been abroad over xmas/new year and got back today! Will put starting pics up tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Wow! 57 entrants!!

ReputationRep:
    Thread closed; good luck to all !
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Am I able to make my final entry?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Well I thought I might as well kick start the entries for the final part (I won't be able to do it any later as I am busy writing my research proposal and getting ready for grading this weekend/assignments).

So this is the third time I've entered and overall I am much more happier with my progress (the first time I gained weight and the second I didn't lose much, only a couple of kg).

In total I lost 11.5kg (or 25 pounds). I did get down to 12kg but the last week hasn't been brilliant due to personal reasons. However, I do plan to get back on track. My BMI has also gone from obese (33.4) to overweight (29.1)

My health has improved and I don't eat McDonalds anymore :nah: I did have KFC after a 3 month break, but it was just a horrible experience I don't think I'd go back again :no:

So here are the photos!

Front
    Name:  March 2013 Front.jpeg
Views: 353
Size:  366.1 KB

Side
    Name:  March 2013 Side.jpeg
Views: 302
Size:  363.7 KB

Back
    Name:  March 2013 Back.jpeg
Views: 272
Size:  381.2 KB

Date
    Name:  March 2013 Date proof.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  469.1 KB

Comparisons
    Name:  March 2013 Front Comparison.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  516.4 KB
    Name:  March 2013 Side Comparison.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  517.5 KB
    Name:  March 2013 Back Comparison.jpg
Views: 360

I still have quite a long way to go from my final goal (I plan to get to my ideal weight and then start to build muscle). But I am happy that I have sorted my life out

ReputationRep:
    Here are my before(again) and after photos, been working pretty hard, started to slow down over the past week but ive got my next 18 weeks planned starting after easter (and a well deserved birthday), big things ahead!
    Attachment 203848
    Attachment 203850Attachment 203849
    Attachment 203851Attachment 203852
    Attachment 203853Attachment 203854
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbdan29)
    Here are my before(again) and after photos, been working pretty hard, started to slow down over the past week but ive got my next 18 weeks planned starting after easter (and a well deserved birthday), big things ahead!
    Attachment 203848
    Attachment 203850Attachment 203849
    Attachment 203851Attachment 203852
    Attachment 203853Attachment 203854
    Pics don't work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9markiii)
    Pics don't work.
    how to i get them to work?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbdan29)
    how to i get them to work?
    try re-attaching them as photos?

ReputationRep:
    second attempt at uploading my after photos. hopefully this works this time
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    In!

Was originally going to cut, but realised after 4 weeks of cutting that there's no point in cutting if there's nothing worth cutting down to, so I bulked my ass off (or on lol)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Well it's my turn to upload now. This transformation contest has been really fun - I got the flu halfway through (which stayed for about a month) so I think if I enter again I'll go for the summer transformation contest so there are less bugs around!

I've noticed quite a few differences - first my posture has greatly improved. This can best be seen in the side photos. I'm now engaging my core muscles when I stand and I'm alot straighter. It's really boosted my confidence as I used to think I had a 'chicken posture.'

Secondly, I used to have two red lines (stretch marks??) across my stomach. They can just about be seen in the 'before' front photo. These are now gone!

I'm so glad I entered. It shows that you can achieve an awful lot in 3 months (Well.. 2 months in my case) and I feel much better within myself.

Name:  front before.JPG
Views: 560
Size:  406.8 KBName:  side before.JPG
Views: 554
Size:  408.5 KBName:  back before.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  484.7 KBName:  proof transformation end.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  121.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladbags2012)
    Wow! 57 entrants!!
    Okay, I said this three months ago.

How many do you think will return to post their end results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Well I thought I might as well kick start the entries for the final part (I won't be able to do it any later as I am busy writing my research proposal and getting ready for grading this weekend/assignments).

So this is the third time I've entered and overall I am much more happier with my progress (the first time I gained weight and the second I didn't lose much, only a couple of kg).

In total I lost 11.5kg (or 25 pounds). I did get down to 12kg but the last week hasn't been brilliant due to personal reasons. However, I do plan to get back on track. My BMI has also gone from obese (33.4) to overweight (29.1)

My health has improved and I don't eat McDonalds anymore :nah: I did have KFC after a 3 month break, but it was just a horrible experience I don't think I'd go back again :no:

So here are the photos!

Front
    Name:  March 2013 Front.jpeg
Views: 353
Size:  366.1 KB

Side
    Name:  March 2013 Side.jpeg
Views: 302
Size:  363.7 KB

Back
    Name:  March 2013 Back.jpeg
Views: 272
Size:  381.2 KB

Date
    Name:  March 2013 Date proof.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  469.1 KB

Comparisons
    Name:  March 2013 Front Comparison.jpg
Views: 417
    Name:  March 2013 Side Comparison.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  517.5 KB
    Name:  March 2013 Back Comparison.jpg
Views: 360

I still have quite a long way to go from my final goal (I plan to get to my ideal weight and then start to build muscle). But I am happy that I have sorted my life out
    Nice! Keep up the hard work!

Should I even bother with after photos now :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladbags2012)
    Okay, I said this three months ago.

How many do you think will return to post their end results?
    Haha I'm not gonna lie but I sort of forgot about this/thought I'd have the time but didn't. I've been going to the gym fairly regularly over the last few weeks though and have lost some kg so that's some progress I guess. Will post pics sometime this week.

ReputationRep:
    When is the last day that we can post pictures

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I dropped 5kg (weighing 73kg now). I believe I am a bit more toned than I was at the start of the contest and a few people have been telling me that I've been looking a bit more trim so hopefully there looks like there is some progress. If you guys were doing one starting from next month I'd be much more up for it as I'm going on holiday in the summer. But anyway here goes.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarlightSmiles)
    Well it's my turn to upload now. This transformation contest has been really fun - I got the flu halfway through (which stayed for about a month) so I think if I enter again I'll go for the summer transformation contest so there are less bugs around!

I've noticed quite a few differences - first my posture has greatly improved. This can best be seen in the side photos. I'm now engaging my core muscles when I stand and I'm alot straighter. It's really boosted my confidence as I used to think I had a 'chicken posture.'

Secondly, I used to have two red lines (stretch marks??) across my stomach. They can just about be seen in the 'before' front photo. These are now gone!

I'm so glad I entered. It shows that you can achieve an awful lot in 3 months (Well.. 2 months in my case) and I feel much better within myself.

Name:  front before.JPG
Views: 560
Size:  406.8 KBName:  side before.JPG
Views: 554
Size:  408.5 KBName:  back before.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  484.7 KBName:  proof transformation end.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  121.0 KB

Your arse in the last pic looks terrific

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.