Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So who missed the countdown to New Year's Day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity I guess, is there anyone who didn't actually shout out the countdown to New Year's Day last night? Why? What was your alibi?

Were you driving, asleep, working, giving birth, having a shower, playing Fifa, revising, or what? - and did you intend to miss the countdown?? Or was it just bad timing?

Waiting for some unusual responses, TSR, as usual

I just don't shout it out.

I did watch the fireworks on the BBC though. Great for the first few minutes, but by the seventh minute I was like: "Jesus, surely this is just overdoing it now?"

ReputationRep:
      I didn't miss it but the DJ only started the countdown at '7' :indiff:

ReputationRep:
      My friend missed it. She was in the toilet! :lol:

ReputationRep:
      Watching a film with the family. 12:06 and I was like 'oh, it's the new year guys'.

ReputationRep:
      I was passing out on clonazepam, but I managed to catch about 5 minutes of fireworks.

ReputationRep:
      I didn't but half my friends did, they were stood at the bar.

ReputationRep:
      managed to catch it , i thought the countdown started at 10 not 7 haha , i didnt actually shout it out though , and the fireworks were great until they started dragging on for ages !

ReputationRep:
      Me, I was chundering in a club toilet. Classy

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Raheem786)
      Her crap was a year long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Haha yeah! :p:

ReputationRep:
      We were watching the BBC olympic footage thing and I looked at my watch and it was like 1 minute to 12:00 and I thought 'I hope they get on with it otherwise we'll miss the new year!'.

Then my dad went to turn the volume on the TV up and accidentally pressed the 'back' button or whatever and it said 'Are you sure you want to exit Delay TV?'

It turns out we were 1 minute and 20 seconds behind. Luckily we fast forwarded to normal time and they were just starting the countdown. Almost missed it- so close!

ReputationRep:
      Ha, all you guys are late, it was back in September...

But for all you non-Jewish people: Shana tova!

ReputationRep:
      In the pub everyone was counting down but everyone was shouting out different numbers and I was a bit confused, and I was trying to work out what number we were on when it turned new year :/ :lol:

ReputationRep:
      I had no plans for the evening and ended up dozing off around 9pm. Then woke up at 12:02am with my dog upset because of the fireworks, managed to get him into bed and back to sleep I went.

ReputationRep:
      i was brushing my teeth! such a blunder!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.