How many exams do you have and how much revision are you doing?

Watch
Simran Mars Foster
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Just wondering. I have two exams and scrape about 4 hours and i know i need to up it.
cardigansandjeans
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Four exams, and a lot more than four hours
UKBrah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
3 exams, not actually doing much.
SherlockH
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
2 exams, doing about 2 hours a day, though I want to increase it as I'm being guiltily lazy for most of the day. I think starting tomorrow I'll do four a day.
tinkerbell_xxx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
3 exams, like all day but I have breaks inbetween
jamescbsmith
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well I don't have January exams - instead we're doing them all in the summer. I only have mocks in January...
However, I'm revising a lot: 6 - 7 hours a day, or the odd 10 hour revision period (with breaks of course )

I never understand why you guys can be a bit laid back...The way I see it: these are your first exams. So it's better you leave nothing to chance and smash the exam through and thoroughly. Better to overestimate these exams than underestimate. You don't want to have to resit in the summer :sadnod:.

I think this January is the last cycle of January series exams? Correct me if I'm wrong

Alas, if you know what your doing and don't need excessive amounts of revision, that's also awesome
Lizzie232
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
3 exams and deefinitely not enough :/
dreadpiraterach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thankfully I only have one exam this time, I started revising early but now, with the exam 2 weeks away, I'm not doing anywhere near as much revision as I should be :\ I just keep getting distracted by everything!
letsbehonest
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
4 exams and revising 4 hours a day, revised more maths than anything else since papers are quick to do, i hate practicing essays
Baking goddess
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
5 exams and I'm trying to do about 5 hours, but I keep getting distracted.
Simran Mars Foster
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by jamescbsmith)
Well I don't have January exams - instead we're doing them all in the summer. I only have mocks in January...
However, I'm revising a lot: 6 - 7 hours a day, or the odd 10 hour revision period (with breaks of course )

I never understand why you guys can be a bit laid back...The way I see it: these are your first exams. So it's better you leave nothing to chance and smash the exam through and thoroughly. Better to overestimate these exams than underestimate. You don't want to have to resit in the summer :sadnod:.

I think this January is the last cycle of January series exams? Correct me if I'm wrong

Alas, if you know what your doing and don't need excessive amounts of revision, that's also awesome
That's correct. We are the last ones to do Jan exams so i guess that's more of a reason to work your butt of now. We are known as the 'legacy year' funnily enough.
ethery
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Three exams. I'm doing a few hours a day, but it's not always that much. I'm feeling pretty confident because I've been doing light revision since October.
Anonymous #2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Three exams. I do revision pretty much all day but with far too many breaks and room for distraction so in total it's probably about 3 hours hardcore revision at most.
jarasta
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
5 exams. About 4 hours
Saying that, I was ready for them a long time ago
senz72
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
5 exams and need to do a lot of hours!

Have done bits and pieces here and there but it's not helping one bit.

Need to get a move on.

From tomorrow, extreme revision is on the cards.
Vian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
5 exams, but revision spans from 6hrs to 1hr a day...

I'll have to up my game immediately!! Starting from tomorrow.
creme224
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thats good doing four hours a day, just maybe do revision for that long and then perhaps 2 hours on exam style questions and exam papers.

I have 3 exams and im working for about 6-7 hours a day xx
Naami
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
4 exams and averaging about 2 papers per day so that's roughly 5 hours a day (including marking the papers). Mind you, I started exam practice a week ago so I'm not doing too bad atm.
TheNoobyPotato
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
3 exams and ONLY 2-3 hours.

Need to up it from now.

Where is my motivation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
username823573
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
3 exams, 1 of which is a retake and really not enough revision. I'm going to try and aim for at least 4 hours starting from tomorrow. I've found it impossible to revise since I broke up for the holidays, barely done anything and I hate myself for it D:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.76%
I don't have everything I need (294)
43.24%

Watched Threads