Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many exams do you have and how much revision are you doing? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GAB)
    If your doing that much, you should have started your revision earlier.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S6500
    I did not think of that! You really are something special..

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start revision for my summer exams next week (taking maths, physics, biology and geography). I've just completed my mocks and it turns out I'm not doing as well as I thought, came out with UECB which just sucks to be honest. I'm obviously not understanding the subjects enough so I am going to get a tutor for maths and physics but even so, I'm still worried I won't reach my target of AAAB!

Do you think it's possible for me to bring my grades up so much? Any advice or comments would really be appreciated as I'm getting more stressed by the minute!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PilotHolly)
    I'm going to start revision for my summer exams next week (taking maths, physics, biology and geography). I've just completed my mocks and it turns out I'm not doing as well as I thought, came out with UECB which just sucks to be honest. I'm obviously not understanding the subjects enough so I am going to get a tutor for maths and physics but even so, I'm still worried I won't reach my target of AAAB!

Do you think it's possible for me to bring my grades up so much? Any advice or comments would really be appreciated as I'm getting more stressed by the minute!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    strong bump

ReputationRep:
    U in maths is a disgrace. Really it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old_Simon)
    U in maths is a disgrace. Really it is.
    I gathered that, thanks for the help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I gathered that, thanks for the help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is that maths is a subject where you really know as you go along how you are doing !!!

ReputationRep:
    The thing is that maths is a subject where you really know as you go along how you are doing !!!
    I thought I did, we were doing chapter tests all throughout the topics and I was getting Bs and Cs but somehow when it came to putting it all together in an actual exam I didn't know where to begin :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I thought I did, we were doing chapter tests all throughout the topics and I was getting Bs and Cs but somehow when it came to putting it all together in an actual exam I didn't know where to begin :erm:
    Might I suggest that you can not entirely rely on your teachers. Take control. Build your own self tests with one instance of every single type of question that can arise in the module topic. Do a model answer for each question in your notes. Exam Solutions + Practice and you can still ace it ! Good luck.

PLUS: Past Papers galore !!!

ReputationRep:
    Might I suggest that you can not entirely rely on your teachers. Take control. Build your own self tests with one instance of every single type of question that can arise in the module topic. Do a model answer for each question in your notes. Exam Solutions + Practice and you can still ace it ! Good luck.

PLUS: Past Papers galore !!!
    Yes ok I will try that thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.