The Student Room Group

Less 'chavvy' lads holiday?

Are there any decent places about for a lads holiday which have similiar charecteristics of a typical holiday to Magaluf, Zante, Kos etc. but don't fit into the chav culture as such. I'd still want it to be busy with a mix of brits and locals and drinking and stuff to do during the day maybe as well.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ibizias probably your best bet

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Barcelona!
It's such a great city: lots of cultural things to do in the day, you've got the beach and you've also got the nightlife.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Alimbo95
Ibizias probably your best bet

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Okay thanks. It's our 1st holiday away on our own and while there's some leftfield holidays that look good away to countries like Croatia, Poland etc. I think it's better to go with a safer choice.

Have you been to Ibiza by any chance? Much locals? Whats the girl/boy ratio like?
Reply 4
Original post by .Scout.
Barcelona!
It's such a great city: lots of cultural things to do in the, you've got the beach and you've also got the nightlife.

Thanks, what are the mix of Brits/locals like and the girl/boy ratio?
Reply 5
Original post by .Scout.
Barcelona!
It's such a great city: lots of cultural things to do in the, you've got the beach and you've also got the nightlife.

I went to Barcelona in the summer loved it so much.
Why would Croatia not be a 'safe' choice?

There are fewer Brits there, but as a nightlife/drinking/relaxing during the daytime destination it's a very established choice for young Europeans.
Yeh i would probably say Barcalona but also there are a lot of greek islands which arent seen as 'chavvy'. But i mean those places that you mentioned arent really chavvy, it just so happens they are quite popular with young british people.
If you go on a "lads" holiday then it does sound like a chavvy thing to do. And if you're going to get drunk then please behave yourselves, there is nothing worse abroad than Brits getting drunk.
Reply 9
Original post by canyouhelpme
If you go on a "lads" holiday then it does sound like a chavvy thing to do. And if you're going to get drunk then please behave yourselves, there is nothing worse abroad than Brits getting drunk.

Why is it that going abroad with friends (usually in a sunny country) to party is seen as a chavvy anyway? Or is it because the idea of a ''lads'' holiday is usually associated with certain places where certain British people seem to flock to.

Original post by standreams
Why would Croatia not be a 'safe' choice?

There are fewer Brits there, but as a nightlife/drinking/relaxing during the daytime destination it's a very established choice for young Europeans.

It's just not one of the places that most people would automatically think of when deciding where to go for their first holiday without parents.
Reply 10
Original post by Zepploydath
Okay thanks. It's our 1st holiday away on our own and while there's some leftfield holidays that look good away to countries like Croatia, Poland etc. I think it's better to go with a safer choice.

Have you been to Ibiza by any chance? Much locals? Whats the girl/boy ratio like?

I've never been to Ibiza, no, I am going on a 'lads' holiday this summer to Ayia Napa though and if you are thinking of having a party holiday, I would just say go for it. It may have a chavvy feel to it, but hey we're still young. Ones to avoid would be Kavos, Magaluf etc. If you are specifically concerned about the ratio, Magaluf is poor, despite its 'Shagaluf' rep it must have gained years ago.
A lot of people are saying Barcelona and having been 3 times (albeit not as party holidays) I would recommend it. It's cultural and have heard the party scene is excellent.
But if you are looking for your stereotypical 'lads' holiday, I'd say Ayia Napa or Ibiza.
Reply 11
Original post by Alimbo95
I've never been to Ibiza, no, I am going on a 'lads' holiday this summer to Ayia Napa though and if you are thinking of having a party holiday, I would just say go for it. It may have a chavvy feel to it, but hey we're still young. Ones to avoid would be Kavos, Magaluf etc. If you are specifically concerned about the ratio, Magaluf is poor, despite its 'Shagaluf' rep it must have gained years ago.
A lot of people are saying Barcelona and having been 3 times (albeit not as party holidays) I would recommend it. It's cultural and have heard the party scene is excellent.
But if you are looking for your stereotypical 'lads' holiday, I'd say Ayia Napa or Ibiza.

Well I'm looking to travel for 12/18 months when I'm older anyway so I guess there's time then to go to Barcelona for the culture as well as the parties. Probably look at Ayia Napa as I'm assuming it'll be cheaper than Ibiza.
Reply 12
I went to Munich with friends a few years ago. There're lots of beer halls etc. plus some decent clubs, the city's easy to get around and there's plenty to do in the day. It sounds much more appealing to me than a more traditional lads holiday.
Reply 13
Barcelona
Turkey is good for lots of tanned girls in bikinis :perv:

Oh the other hand, I'd love to be in your position. I'd never get my friends on a holiday :frown:
Reply 15
Are there any decent places about for a lads holiday which have similiar charecteristics of a typical holiday to Magaluf, Zante, Kos etc. but don't fit into the chav culture as such. I'd still want it to be busy with a mix of brits and locals and drinking and stuff to do during the day maybe as well.

Zante and malia and all that **** aren't chavvy, school leavers from private schools go there as a big group. These ****holes are actually more cringey than chavvy. A load of stuck up 17 year olds thinking they're the big men because they had a few drinks and went to a strip club, ****ing pathetic.
Reply 16
Rimini in Italy :biggrin:

Or Amsterdam if it's more your thing.. :bong:

Victor Lewis-Smith might be able to help you with that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nElVblx4fU&t=2m25s
Reply 18
Original post by 2468_James_Maaay
Victor Lewis-Smith might be able to help you with that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nElVblx4fU&t=2m25s

:rofl:

It's true though..
Original post by tory88
I went to Munich with friends a few years ago. There're lots of beer halls etc. plus some decent clubs, the city's easy to get around and there's plenty to do in the day. It sounds much more appealing to me than a more traditional lads holiday.

Did you get laid though? I'm presuming that is OP's goal, seeing as he wants a 'lads' holiday' lol...

Quick Reply

Latest