Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When do you think is the best age to lose your virginity? Watch

ReputationRep:
    You're over-thinking it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I really don't think financial stability should be the indicator of whether you're ready to have sex or not. Children, yes, but sex, no.

I don't think there should be a maximum age.

Spoiler:
    Show
    ...because I'm already 20 and will probably be a virgin forever :emo:

ReputationRep:
    When u get married

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)

No.

The answer is very simple: when you are ready. That means a wide variety of ages and means that for some people they should be in a relationship whereas for others this is irrelevant.
    Well the vast majority of people lose their virginity during these ages, and I'd say that it is relatively normal to do so. That doesn't mean that the day before you turn 22 you should go out and sleep with anyone, like you said the most important thing is being ready and with the right person.

The best age to lose your virginity is the age at which YOU feel ready.

ReputationRep:
    X where X is the age you are physically and emotionally ready.

ReputationRep:
    Its whenyou meet the righr person and your mature enough to deal with it

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I don't know...when you're ready, perhaps?!

What a stupid thread. There is no 'best age' - you shouldn't lose it before you're mature enough to deal with the act itself and all the emotions tied up within it, and the possible consequences such as STDs and pregnancy and parenthood.

And ideally, in my opinion, when you're with someone you love, trust and care for, and it's in the right context, without any external issues clouding your judgement. The vast majority of teenagers don't seem mature enough to be having sex, but it's not like there's any right age (though being an adult would definitely be a criterion!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    A person should lose their virginity when they meet the right person, it's as simple as that really. I'd say between the ages of 16-22 with someone you love and are in a healthy relationship is the best way to go about it.
    Why?!

Age is arbitrary and irrelevant. Your post just contradicts itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillowSummers)
    I'm dyslexic, so bear with me - isn't the thread title correct?
    The OP has changed it. It was originally spelt "loose"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    Why?!

Age is arbitrary and irrelevant. Your post just contradicts itself.
    Sorry I just didn't make it very clear. I should have rather said it is the most normal and healthy route taken by young people.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I just didn't make it very clear. I should have rather said it is the most normal and healthy route taken by young people.
    But it's not. It's judgemental and inaccurate to say losing it before you're 22 (why 22?!) is 'the most healthy route'. You're just picking an age by which most people are no longer virgins and saying that makes it best. Just because most people lose their virginity young that doesn't make it ideal - a ridiculous number of people regret losing their virginity when they did. The age doesn't matter at all, it's the context and the individuals concerned that's important.

ReputationRep:
    When they're ready to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    But it's not. It's judgemental and inaccurate to say losing it before you're 22 (why 22?!) is 'the most healthy route'. You're just picking an age by which most people are no longer virgins and saying that makes it best. Just because most people lose their virginity young that doesn't make it ideal - a ridiculous number of people regret losing their virginity when they did. The age doesn't matter at all, it's the context and the individuals concerned that's important.
    I really don't understand why you are arguing with me. In my original post I said that it was important to lose it at the right time when you are ready, and with the right person. And most people lose their virginity between the ages of 16-22 hence why I mentioned it. There is nothing wrong with losing your virginity past that age, like I said to another person who quoted me, saying that you shouldn't just sleep with anyone because you are past the age of 22.

ReputationRep:
    Well the vast majority of people lose their virginity during these ages, and I'd say that it is relatively normal to do so. That doesn't mean that the day before you turn 22 you should go out and sleep with anyone, like you said the most important thing is being ready and with the right person.

The thread doesn't ask what is normal, it asks what the best age is.

When it comes to topics like this 'normal' should largely be ignored as it ignores the massive differences between people.

ReputationRep:
    41, then you can really say you've been a 40 year old virgin

ReputationRep:
    Around 110 is a good age!

ReputationRep:
    why don't you put a poll , so we all can VOTE.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's time to lose virginity when you feel your ready for it and when you met the right persoon.
    It's all about your own feeling!
    I'm quite shocked that the average age to lose virginity in the UK is about 16, which i read here: http://www.onaverage.co.uk/sex-avera...lose-virginity

ReputationRep:
    When you can use the forms of your correctly.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.