Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im just looking for some tips as to how I can sort of glam myself up for a night out. I went out last night and put on foundation liquid eyeliner and masacra and to be honest I looked no different to how I do in the day and it didnt look like I made any effort what so ever. Im very pale and If use bronzer I look orange, i dont really like fake eyelashes as i worry there falling of and spend the whole night fiddling with them and looking silly.

Anybody got any tips how to do make up for a inght out?

ReputationRep:
    personally I like doing one 'statement' thing for the night. so learn how to do a smokey eye, or using bold eyeshadow colours, and then use a light lip colour. Or keep the eye simple by doing a plain cat eye or just long lashes, and use a bright/dark lipstick.

ReputationRep:
    If you do want to use bronzer without looking orange go into Boots and take a look at their Naturals Collection. I usually dislike this range but because I'm too pale to pull off even the lightest of bronzers and blushers from other ranges so I buy them from this one instead. And, hey, it's dead cheap too - around £2 each.

ReputationRep:
    Look at tutorials on youtube, there's plenty of them and they're really great. Either do a bold lip or a bold eye. Do you have better eyes or lips? What do you prefer? If you prefer your eyes try a smokey eye, if you prefer your lips try a red lip.
    I'm big on eyebrows, they frame the face so make sure they're good! Gossmakeupartist on youtube is GREAT, he has quick videos with great tips. He's a professional makeup artist.
    I'm pale and blush I find tricky, No7 do a great mineral blusher - just go in and ask them which one would suit you best. The brush with it isn't too good, it's usable but I'd recommend using a different one. Real techniques do GREAT brushes and area also available in boots. For the quality they're incredibly reasonably priced.

ReputationRep:
    you need a smokey eye to make your eyes stand out in pictures and to look all over glamorous big lashes and statement brows. Personally i like to wear bold lips and eyes but make sure the colors you use will look great together. Also contouring is a must!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.