Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im just looking for some tips as to how I can sort of glam myself up for a night out. I went out last night and put on foundation liquid eyeliner and masacra and to be honest I looked no different to how I do in the day and it didnt look like I made any effort what so ever. Im very pale and If use bronzer I look orange, i dont really like fake eyelashes as i worry there falling of and spend the whole night fiddling with them and looking silly.

Anybody got any tips how to do make up for a inght out?

ReputationRep:
    personally I like doing one 'statement' thing for the night. so learn how to do a smokey eye, or using bold eyeshadow colours, and then use a light lip colour. Or keep the eye simple by doing a plain cat eye or just long lashes, and use a bright/dark lipstick.

ReputationRep:
    If you do want to use bronzer without looking orange go into Boots and take a look at their Naturals Collection. I usually dislike this range but because I'm too pale to pull off even the lightest of bronzers and blushers from other ranges so I buy them from this one instead. And, hey, it's dead cheap too - around £2 each.

ReputationRep:
    Look at tutorials on youtube, there's plenty of them and they're really great. Either do a bold lip or a bold eye. Do you have better eyes or lips? What do you prefer? If you prefer your eyes try a smokey eye, if you prefer your lips try a red lip.
    I'm big on eyebrows, they frame the face so make sure they're good! Gossmakeupartist on youtube is GREAT, he has quick videos with great tips. He's a professional makeup artist.
    I'm pale and blush I find tricky, No7 do a great mineral blusher - just go in and ask them which one would suit you best. The brush with it isn't too good, it's usable but I'd recommend using a different one. Real techniques do GREAT brushes and area also available in boots. For the quality they're incredibly reasonably priced.

ReputationRep:
    you need a smokey eye to make your eyes stand out in pictures and to look all over glamorous big lashes and statement brows. Personally i like to wear bold lips and eyes but make sure the colors you use will look great together. Also contouring is a must!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.