Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is there ny1 else thats really seriously scared about goin to uni, im absolutely dreading it, that and gettin my results
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    is there ny1 else thats really seriously scared about goin to uni, im absolutely dreading it, that and gettin my results
    You're joking right? You're going to have a great time...art students always do

I would have loved to have been good enough at art to spend 3 yrs developing it (instead of spending 3/4 yrs learning about stuff you get to spend 3 yrs learning about yourself and learning to express yourself even better). Plus the whole way fine art degrees are set up you're bound to make some really good friends who share studio space with you.

ReputationRep:
    argh! im gettin my results in half an hour! no!

im not goin to uni, im tryin 2 avoid it at all costs yipeeee

ReputationRep:

I suppose being scared and dreading it are two different things. Are you just scared but still excited? Of course it's unknown and I'm sure most people who have doubts are reassured once they arrive. I was scared after I got my results and every day I would give a commentary on how many days until impending doom! I love it, look forward to enjoying the summer vac and put uni out of your mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    You're joking right? You're going to have a great time...art students always do

I would have loved to have been good enough at art to spend 3 yrs developing it (instead of spending 3/4 yrs learning about stuff you get to spend 3 yrs learning about yourself and learning to express yourself even better). Plus the whole way fine art degrees are set up you're bound to make some really good friends who share studio space with you.
    how did u know thats what im doin??? :confused: did u go 2 uni??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I suppose being scared and dreading it are two different things. Are you just scared but still excited? Of course it's unknown and I'm sure most people who have doubts are reassured once they arrive. I was scared after I got my results and every day I would give a commentary on how many days until impending doom! I love it, look forward to enjoying the summer vac and put uni out of your mind
    i am scared... alot!! but im sure theres an element of excitement somewhere in there

ReputationRep:
    coz u mentioned it a zillion times lol

ReputationRep:
    i am scared... alot!! but im sure theres an element of excitement somewhere in there
    Good! I spent too much time over summer vac worrying and reading my reading list. Have fun and enjoy being pampered and still being a "child" (in the sense that everything is beign done for you!) for the last time.

ReputationRep:
    Good! I spent too much time over summer vac worrying and reading my reading list. Have fun and enjoy being pampered and still being a "child" (in the sense that everything is beign done for you!) for the last time.
    i dont wana be an un-child... the big wide world is scary!

in june i wil b in that world... doh!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Saw it in the teachers thread in the careers sub-forum....and my mind is throwing up something about textiles too :confused: my best pre-uni friend was an artist through and through and we had some of the most amazing times (going through the McDonalds drive through in a full size cardboard cut-out of a car springs to mind )

I spent 4 yrs at uni...and to be honest there were some parts I didn't like, but it took a while for me to realise that that wasn't because of the uni but because of who I am...the best thing I learnt from uni was to do what I need to do to stay happy and sane before anything else - to make myself my highest priority.

Even the times at uni when I felt miserable and unhappy helped me enormously it's a very special experience that gives you the time and space to grow into who you really are.

ReputationRep:
    We had offer holders (potential students for next year) come and visit and it was so weird to see how immature they were (not in a mean way!) You grow up so much at uni and become the wise person you never thought you would be. honestly!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    i dont wana be an un-child... the big wide world is scary!

in june i wil b in that world... doh!
    students are most definately NOT adults...they're just kids without parents (and they drive me mad at times - theres nothing like an 18 yr old for believing that the world revolves around them....but then that's what it's all about so I wont begrudge them a little self centredness ....even when they wonder out into the road in front of my car without looking)

ReputationRep:
    i dont get pampered or anything done for me now, so there will be no change there

ReputationRep:
    students are most definately NOT adults...they're just kids without parents (and they drive me mad at times - theres nothing like an 18 yr old for believing that the world revolves around them....but then that's what it's all about so I wont begrudge them a little self centredness ....even when they wonder out into the road in front of my car without looking)
    im never gona b an adult, its to daunting

ReputationRep:
    What are you scared of? If it's the course and level of work...you'll soon get used to it, you won't get lumbered with shed loads of work in your 1st term. The university understand that it's all new and so give you time to settle in to a new kind of life. And if it's living away from home...sure it's a bit scary but you're in the same boat as everyone, you'll make 100's of new friends and have such a laugh - make sure you get involved with things and go on socials. Plus, in the hugely unlikely event that it's really bad and you can't stand it you're in control and you can leave, try it again when you're ready. You'll have a fab time, don't be scared, anxious is ok as you don't know what to expect, but it's so exciting really!!!! Good luck with the results...

ReputationRep:
    i dont get pampered or anything done for me now, so there will be no change there
    no... only certain peoples fetching sausage rolls here and there..

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha thats true. I'm just trying to postpone getting a job, and get a good degree and have a fantastic time I'm studying abroad next year and that will make me super nervous but will be entirely worth it at the same time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    What are you scared of? If it's the course and level of work...you'll soon get used to it, you won't get lumbered with shed loads of work in your 1st term. The university understand that it's all new and so give you time to settle in to a new kind of life. And if it's living away from home...sure it's a bit scary but you're in the same boat as everyone, you'll make 100's of new friends and have such a laugh - make sure you get involved with things and go on socials. Plus, in the hugely unlikely event that it's really bad and you can't stand it you're in control and you can leave, try it again when you're ready. You'll have a fab time, don't be scared, anxious is ok as you don't know what to expect, but it's so exciting really!!!! Good luck with the results...
    its just the whole thing of gettin new friends and stuff, im scared of not bein accepted or somethin (dont ask)

ReputationRep:
    There will be a huge change. You just dont realise/appreciate it when you're at home!

I know I've grown up a LOT since I've been here and I don't think the world revolves around me!

ReputationRep:
    its just the whole thing of gettin new friends and stuff, im scared of not bein accepted or somethin (dont ask)
    acceptence is only by the in-crowders. and to b fair u dont wana b a part of that anyway.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.