Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    is there ny1 else thats really seriously scared about goin to uni, im absolutely dreading it, that and gettin my results
    me, im scared of growing up... ive had too much fun being a kid.... but ive still got a year of a-level after this.... and personally im dreading uni. im terribile at making new friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Saw it in the teachers thread in the careers sub-forum....and my mind is throwing up something about textiles too :confused: my best pre-uni friend was an artist through and through and we had some of the most amazing times (going through the McDonalds drive through in a full size cardboard cut-out of a car springs to mind )
    WOW!!!!! that sound amazing!!!!!! i do textiles photography and art, i either want to do fine art or textile design, either 1 will enable me to be an art teacher
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    its just the whole thing of gettin new friends and stuff, im scared of not bein accepted or somethin (dont ask)
    Doing an art degree will help hugely with this...any course where you spend a lot of time working with/alongside people will make making friends really easy (I did geology and spending 2 weeks in a caravan with 5 other people in Tenby at Easter does wonder for making friends....the field trips really help gell people together). You will almost certainly be doing some group work and you will definately have some studio space to share with fellow students...it will take no time at all to find people you get a long with.

ReputationRep:
    its just the whole thing of gettin new friends and stuff, im scared of not bein accepted or somethin (dont ask)
    Think about it though, there is no existing group that you have to be accepted into. Everyone is on their own at the beginning so you create the group together. You're obviously not a social reject -How many mates have you got on here? I'm a complete stranger and I like you!! I do know what you mean though, it's the only time in your life that you have to consciously 'make friends'. When you're a kid you just are friends with other kids and you don't really have any control. Then all through school you keep the friends you made as a kid and naturally make friends with other groups. But going to uni is a tricky one. Dunna worry, when you get there you'll forget all this and have a brill time...

ReputationRep:
    u guys are so great, what would i do without u!!!?

ReputationRep:
    lol cool avatar glitter i always thought tony hart had something of the night about him tho :P

im quite worried about going to uni coz im not much of a drinker and that seems to be what everyone spends alllll their time doing :P but we'll see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    lol cool avatar glitter i always thought tony hart had something of the night about him tho :P

im quite worried about going to uni coz im not much of a drinker and that seems to be what everyone spends alllll their time doing :P but we'll see!
    i dont drink alot either, but i wouldnt refuse if it was offered to me!!
    thanx btw,the avatar happened by mistake, but i like my mistake

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2004
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.