Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what is the most stupid thing youve done at uni Watch

ReputationRep:
    I went through a whole semester thinking I was doing one unit when i was really doing a different one so I went through hell trying to do the assignment as it didn't relate to the few lectures we'd had ( the lecturer broke his leg skiing which may have been the reason he wasn't in for the first 6 weeks of the unit and i got the wrong name). I handed it in and then got told That my assignment was late I showed him my receipt and only then did i relise that I'd been doing a second year unit not the first year unit I had 3 days to do the assignment or get a zero as it was i did the assignment got 35% in it and then got it compensated at the end of the year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    I went through a whole semester thinking I was doing one unit when i was really doing a different one so I went through hell trying to do the assignment as it didn't relate to the few lectures we'd had ( the lecturer broke his leg skiing which may have been the reason he wasn't in for the first 6 weeks of the unit and i got the wrong name). I handed it in and then got told That my assignment was late I showed him my receipt and only then did i relise that I'd been doing a second year unit not the first year unit I had 3 days to do the assignment or get a zero as it was i did the assignment got 35% in it and then got it compensated at the end of the year

Is this you?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't read my medication leaflet which said don't drink a single drop of alcohol ... only managed the first night of freshers and then was ill for the next 4 days!

ReputationRep:
    The stupidest thing I ever said was during fresher's week.
    (EDIT: I was horrifically drunk at this point)

I was speaking to a girl who was wearing a 'distinctive' Fresher's t-shirt I had seen before and she was talking about her ex-girlfriend, at which point, I, shamefully, blurted out: "Oh you're a lesbian! I saw you from a distance on Tuesday night and thought you were a man but it makes sense now!"

Usain Bolt would have choked on my dust trail that night. Still cringe when I think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeschylus)
    The stupidest thing I ever said was during fresher's week.

I was speaking to a girl who was wearing a 'distinctive' Fresher's t-shirt I had seen before and she was talking about her ex-girlfriend, at which point, I, shamefully, blurted out: "Oh you're a lesbian! I saw you from a distance on Tuesday night and thought you were a man but it makes sense now!"

Usain Bolt would have choked on my dust trail that night. Still cringe when I think about it.
    Oh, Jesus. That is unbelievably hilarious.

I have no cool stories to share
    but I did fall up the stairs in a lecture theatre, filled with other students. That was..not fun.

ReputationRep:
    In the boozed up heady atmosphere of the first few weeks of uni sometimes you can get carried away with trying to be more outrageous, and then when you look back, you think...er wtf?

I had been seeing a girl from Freshers Week, and after the first month was a bit in two minds about whether I wanted a girlfriend so early. It was her birthday coming up and as I wasn't sure about it I didn't know whether to buy her a present and make a big thing about her birthday, go to her party and be introduced to more of her friends as her boyfriend etc, so thought I should end it earlier. No problem with that really BUT when I was chatting about this with people in my flat, I decided that it would be cool to announce to them all that I had a plan to phone this girl on her birthday to say "happy birthday, you're dumped LOL". Now I wasn't really going to do that, but I thought it would establish my reputation as a badass heartbreaker. Unfortunately it just established a reputation as an idiot. So then, I had to go round defending myself and justifying it, for something I wasn't even really planning to do, but was just saying it sound hard. It was a PR disaster!

ReputationRep:
    The most stupid thing I done at university - think it would be a wise decision to go to university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    In the boozed up heady atmosphere of the first few weeks of uni sometimes you can get carried away with trying to be more outrageous, and then when you look back, you think...er wtf?

I had been seeing a girl from Freshers Week, and after the first month was a bit in two minds about whether I wanted a girlfriend so early. It was her birthday coming up and as I wasn't sure about it I didn't know whether to buy her a present and make a big thing about her birthday, go to her party and be introduced to more of her friends as her boyfriend etc, so thought I should end it earlier. No problem with that really BUT when I was chatting about this with people in my flat, I decided that it would be cool to announce to them all that I had a plan to phone this girl on her birthday to say "happy birthday, you're dumped LOL". Now I wasn't really going to do that, but I thought it would establish my reputation as a badass heartbreaker. Unfortunately it just established a reputation as an idiot. So then, I had to go round defending myself and justifying it, for something I wasn't even really planning to do, but was just saying it sound hard. It was a PR disaster!
    lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.