Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    That's deep.

I hope it manages to filter through to the police, or better still, make sure you cancel it ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPH92)
    whats a high commision office? okay ill report to the police tomorrow.
    probably the home office. thats the term used in the passport, so i just quoted it to you. go to direct gov online and look at their advice. just follow it through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPH92)
    What ? im not abroad... why woud i cntact an embassy
    ok , then let the Identity and Passport Service known as soon as you can. they will deal with this problem. they can call you back , heres the link https://www.gov.uk/report-a-lost-or-stolen-passport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I-I)
    OMG some people do not realise the value and importance of a passport, seriously contact them and report it lost, although they may quizz you on why you left it this long , but be honest. it aint like a driving license. if someone enter on your passport, for ill means, you are screwed
    Do I still need to report it missing if the passport had already expired? I should have really reported it earlier but didn't realise I lost it for quite a while, and then hoped it would turn up somewhere in the house but after quite a few major searches nothing has surfaced :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RYRK)
    ok , then let the Identity and Passport Service known as soon as you can. they will deal with this problem. they can call you back , heres the link https://www.gov.uk/report-a-lost-or-stolen-passport
    Im doing it now

ReputationRep:
    Arghh on the form it states that I need to put down where I lost it at, if I knew that then it wouldn't be lost in the first place would it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Arghh on the form it states that I need to put down where I lost it at, if I knew that then it wouldn't be lost in the first place would it?
    just say the town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Do I still need to report it missing if the passport had already expired? I should have really reported it earlier but didn't realise I lost it for quite a while, and then hoped it would turn up somewhere in the house but after quite a few major searches nothing has surfaced :/
    yes you probs should to be on the safe side, expired passports have the top corner cut at a 45 degrees angle. as for the where you lost it, just say somewhere outside other than your house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I-I)
    yes you probs should to be on the safe side, expired passports have the top corner cut at a 45 degrees angle. as for the where you lost it, just say somewhere outside other than your house.
    It says year ofissue, im notsure i think it was 2008, but not 100% what do i do?
    (Original post by tehforum)
    just say the town.

(Original post by RYRK)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPH92)
    It says year ofissue, im notsure i think it was 2008, but not 100% what do i do?
    well just say 2008 and write unsure , if you can if not just say 2008.

ReputationRep:
    im concerednow i feel like crying

ReputationRep:
    can anyone make me feel some-whatly better? this whole situation has got me so concerned

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.