Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ex came back into my life; how do I handle the guys I've been dating? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My ex came back into my life and I think I'd like to give it another go with him. The thing is, I had been trying to move on by dating other guys. Now I don't know how to deal with the guys I've been dating. I haven't gotten into anything serious with any of them and since it's only been a short time, I haven't really developed feelings for them but I thought that there might have been a small spark so I gave them a chance. I don't know these guys that well since my ex and I only had a short break. I feel awful 'cause I feel as though I've been messing those guys around. Would offering them friendship just be a slap in the face...?! Any help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    No just be forthright and tell them that you're not ready for a relationship at the moment. It sucks being the rebound but it's best you let them find girls who actually want to be with them.

ReputationRep:
    You shoudn't have started seeing these guys in the first place to be honest. You should be over an ex or very close to that before you start seeing other people. I know that's very easy for me to say and that in reality feelings can take a long time to disappear (in fact, in a lot of cases they never do completely disappear), but it sounds to me like you're a long way off that stage and you implied yourself that these guys were rebounds. I would break off whatever you have with these guys regardless of what happens with your ex. The only person, if anyone, who you're in any position to commit to at the moment is your ex. With regards to what happens with the guys you have been seeing... why do you feel that you should offer your friendship? Do you actually know them well? Usually people we were seeing but with whom things never really worked out just drift out of our lives. And it is possible that whilst you haven't become attached to these guys, they might harbour some feelings towards you. I don't know, if I was seeing a guy and he told me that he wasn't interested in a relationship, I would not be interested in being his friend. A friendship is based upon familiarity and ideally platonic feelings, neither of which you have with either of these guys.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.