The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE lit 9th jan 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My teacher predicted Eva smith or Sheila for AIC, and the section where slim is presented in OMAM and a question relating to him but these aren't definite so try to revise everything fully :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
I thought it was quite hard!! I did 'Of Mice And Men' and 'An Inspector Calls'. AIC was OK but halfway through I totally regretted picking Q17 halfway through when I couldn't really think of anything else to say. I was OK with OMAM but I found myself repeating myself all of the time and I didn't really want to talk about Crooks - I thought there was way more to write about Slim or Curley and his wife's relationship.
Reply 23
It was horrible as one of my friends said 'nothing we've done in the last 2 years have prepared us for that' :frown:
Reply 24
Really? I thought question 18 was quite difficult but questions on OMAM was really easy but we did them exact questions in our mocks so it was a bit easier. I wrote 11 pages in total, what about you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
11 pages?????? I only wrote about 7/8!
Reply 26
I have medium to large hand writing but 7/8 pages is good, most in my school wrote 6

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
i was sooo happy that the OMAM was on crooks because we did the exact same question on crooks for a class essay so i found it ok.. for the anthology i chose the darkness out there question and used compass and torch for the other story
Reply 28
How did everyone do? I scored 80/80!

Posted from TSR Mobile
what were the question options for the sunlight on the grass anthology (doing it may:smile: )
Reply 30
Hi everyone,

i'm taking my English Literature GCSE exam in the summer. The modern texts I am studying are Of Mice And Men and An Inspector Calls. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the questions were on the January 2013 paper for those two texts? It'll just make my revision a lot easier...thanks :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Grammar
Hi everyone,

i'm taking my English Literature GCSE exam in the summer. The modern texts I am studying are Of Mice And Men and An Inspector Calls. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the questions were on the January 2013 paper for those two texts? It'll just make my revision a lot easier...thanks :smile:

I'm also wondering this. :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by Grammar
Hi everyone,

Crooks will most probably be off the paper as will Mrs Birling, they both appeared in january. With literature papers, i always find it best to look at what hasn't come up in the past (AQA website can show you all past papers). Theres no real trickery to english literature, just thorough revision of every character just in case. Writing talent is also quite important, if you sound fluent and confident in your responses you will get very high marks (if your key points are good). I got my script back a few days ago and they wrote on the side of the paper things like "fluent" "confident" "assured" "good grammar" "quotations" "multiple analysis" "levelled and accurate" "excellent quotation" "historical relation" "effect on audience" "excellent analysis"

They also wrote things such as "foggy idea" "little explanation" "overly analysed" "relation to question?"

I scored 80/80 in the exam by making sure that i was answering all of the AO's in the exam. You can find these in the teacher specification. Examiner reports are also really great! They tell you areas where people fall down on the previous exam, and what will score you more marks.

If you need anything else, PM me :smile:
Reply 33
thank you very much for your advice! I'll definitely do that :smile:
Reply 34
For An Inspector Calls, do you know the alternative question, or were they both centred around Mrs Birling? Many thanks :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Grammar
For An Inspector Calls, do you know the alternative question, or were they both centred around Mrs Birling? Many thanks :smile:

The alternative question was along the lines of; show how class divides influence the family, and how drama is created because of these false ideas? something along those lines:smile:
Reply 36
Thank you so much for that! You can probably understand that by knowing all of the questions that have come up on past papers makes it easier to focus on perhaps the characters or themes that have not already been mentioned! I've looked at some of the examiner's reports and I've also looked at the AO's that I need to include in my response, so thank you for sharing that with me! :smile:
Reply 37
Also, this has nothing to do with English, but in order to secure my A*s for biology, chemistry and physics, I need to get high A*s in my unit 3 exams if possible.. Does anyone, who has got full UMS on unit 3 sciences or close to it, have any tips on how to achieve that? Any websites or resources used that helped you significantly? Thank you :smile:
Reply 38
Is anyone doing mr pip and the crucible? If so, how're you revising for them? D:
Reply 39
Original post by Grammar
Also, this has nothing to do with English, but in order to secure my A*s for biology, chemistry and physics, I need to get high A*s in my unit 3 exams if possible.. Does anyone, who has got full UMS on unit 3 sciences or close to it, have any tips on how to achieve that? Any websites or resources used that helped you significantly? Thank you :smile:

Go to these forums and watch them for more tips/advice on unit 3:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2291132
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2291120
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2291133
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2296889

(I recommend the first three) :P

Quick Reply

Latest