AQA AS Eng Lang and Lit - Streetcar and Kiterunner

Watch
Levi_0100
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am really lacking motivation for reading "A Streetcar named Desire" and "The Kite Runner". Is there (like GCSE) any way to summarise the book like any good materials without reading the whole book?

I'm 14 weeks behind work due to ill health, and I am thinking about doing Unit 2 in June but teachers want to to work on Unit 1 still and (was) going to do unit 1 in Jan 14, but now thanks to reform, it will have to be June 14.

Any Advice? I just want a C grade, but so far im just having problems absorbing this chunk of information placed in front of me.
RosieSue
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, I don't know if this will be any help but you should check out York Notes for Streetcar and The Kiterunner, it'll help you grasp the concept of themes, motifs, representations and scenes in each book. Unit 2 is all about understanding the relationship between all characters in both book and understanding the representation and culture of the norms and society existing in the play and the novel.

You should also check Spark Notes as it provides a synopsis and scene by scene overview for Streetcar, am not sure if they do it for Kiterunner.

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.31%
No (65)
38.69%

Watched Threads