Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What should I do? He won't stop texting! Watch

ReputationRep:
    seriously just tell him you're not interested anymore, straight up....you have freeedommmmmmmm, don't let this bring you down, life's too short, the quicker you tell him the quicker it's done with and the happier you'll be, think about how much better it will be if you tell him now than later. Do thing's your way, you're free, you don't need this stress, you can get rid of it

ReputationRep:
    nothing bad will happen, he's not even seen you yet, be strong x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Sounds a bit exaggerated on your part to be quite honest. And you sound quite stuck up.

Just tell him to stop.
    well you've obviously never had this sort of experience, not stuck up at all. I know where she's coming from, maybe you don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    It's a problem because some people don't want to be contacted all the time. It doesn't always matter if you don't reply either - some people will just keep on texting you.
    This is so true! He'll try one topic: "Hi how are you" and if he doesn't get a reply it'll be "Did you see ____ last night'' and then I still won't reply so it'll be ''Are you doing anything for New Years'' and I still won't reply so he'll text again and again and again about different things.

The other night he saw I was going to try stay up for this live show thing for a youtuber on my twitter, and he kept relentlessly texting me, and I had decided to go to sleep and I ended up just turning my phone off and I woke up to texts like this :

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 121
Size:  50.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    It's a problem because some people don't want to be contacted all the time. It doesn't always matter if you don't reply either - some people will just keep on texting you.
    Really? Even if you straight blanked them for an entire year? I find that hard to believe.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him that you're not interested in him. Say your personalities conflict too much or something, if he demands a reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    This is so true! He'll try one topic: "Hi how are you" and if he doesn't get a reply it'll be "Did you see ____ last night'' and then I still won't reply so it'll be ''Are you doing anything for New Years'' and I still won't reply so he'll text again and again and again about different things.

The other night he saw I was going to try stay up for this live show thing for a youtuber on my twitter, and he kept relentlessly texting me, and I had decided to go to sleep and I ended up just turning my phone off and I woke up to texts like this :

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 121
Size:  50.0 KB
    Wow, ****ing weirdo. But do you ever reply? What is the longest that you have gone without replying? But honestly I don't see why you can't just tell this guy to **** off. Sounds to me like you are not being direct enough. I did actually get a load of unwanted messages from someone once. The last time he called me I answered it and just straight up told him to **** off. It worked. You could also involve the police. Basically hat I'm saying is it looks to me that you are not being serious enough about getting rid of him. You need to show that you fully hate him

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him you're pregnant.

Please for the love of god, don't actually heed my advice.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.R)
    Really? Even if you straight blanked them for an entire year? I find that hard to believe.
    Yes. I've had that. In the end he blocked me. (he was the one constantly contacting me) Not that I care anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Persephone9)
    Tell him you're not interested in him as a friend or anything more and to please stop contacting you.
    If he doesn't then call your service provider.

Also, where did you get an iphone for £12.90 (a month presumably?)?

lol i was think the exact same thing. more about the contact then anything else lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    But surely if I'm not replying to all of his texts he would understand? He's never said "I like you" or anything along those lines, no signs of liking me, nothing flirtatious or anything, I don't get it.
    He's not a mind reader. And it's unfair of you to lead him on by not telling him how you feel and not being honest with him. Some people don't reply to all texts because they are busy. He may just think you're busy. Be honest, yes, it may hurt him but it's better to end things now before he gets too attached. Not all people will use flirty banter or be direct. Some like to take time to chat and get to know the other person before telling them how they feel.

Tell him something like - you don't want a relationship with him and that you're not interested and that you don't see this going anywhere. Yes it's harsh but it's better to be honest. Tell him you feel overcrowded by the texting. Then stop replying to his texts and he'll get the message. If you leave him to figure it out on his own, reply to some messages and not others it's unfair and confusing to him.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him you don't feel you can sustain your friendship and it is unfair on him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.