Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really stuck on what to do for my 18th birthday and tbh I've left it way too late. All but one of my friends are 17, so the option of going out is ruled out. I can't have a house party because my house is **** small and I don't know enough people to fill a venue :')

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do for my birthday? I was thinking of just having a big meal or something then doing something else in the summer when everyone else is 18, but what do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris_d)
    I'm really stuck on what to do for my 18th birthday and tbh I've left it way too late. All but one of my friends are 17, so the option of going out is ruled out. I can't have a house party because my house is **** small and I don't know enough people to fill a venue :')

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do for my birthday? I was thinking of just having a big meal or something then doing something else in the summer when everyone else is 18, but what do you guys think?
    Have a meal, then go out when you're all 18.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, congrats!!!
    Well my sister more or less had the same situation for her 18th. We went out for a nice meal and then bowling. it was such a great time, just spending time with friends, it was a nice simple way of having such a blast. I mean some people go a little overboard and throw a huge party, the aim of it all is to try and have lots of fun.

Hope it helped.

I wish you a great birthday however you decide to celebrate x

ReputationRep:
    Go out, have a meal, maybe an activity. Then go back to yours and drink (drinking games?) - even if it is a small crowd.

ReputationRep:
    Go down to London and watch a musical in a theatre. Then do some shopping in Oxford Street and walk around a bit then go on the London Eye as the sun is setting or when it's kinda dark.

That'd be pretty fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    Go down to London and watch a musical in a theatre. Then do some shopping in Oxford Street and walk around a bit then go on the London Eye as the sun is setting or when it's kinda dark.

That'd be pretty fun.
    I was thinking of that, but I think I'm gonna do it with my family since I'm in a close group of friends, and one doesn't have much money and hates people paying for him :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creme224)
    First of all, congrats!!!
    Well my sister more or less had the same situation for her 18th. We went out for a nice meal and then bowling. it was such a great time, just spending time with friends, it was a nice simple way of having such a blast. I mean some people go a little overboard and throw a huge party, the aim of it all is to try and have lots of fun.

Hope it helped.

I wish you a great birthday however you decide to celebrate x
    Thanks

Yeh, that sound pretty cool. I don't mind going to parties but throwing one myself in my really small house just isn't gonna work :') And I can still have fun at a meal, even if everyone else is completely sober haha

ReputationRep:
    I'd still attempt to throw a house party. I've been to one in this tiny little country cottage and they just about pulled it off

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the suggestions guys

I'm a bit confused now though because one of my friends asked what my favourite restaurant was, then when i questions him he asked if I like surprises. I stopped asking then, as I don't want to ruin it haha

But I don't know what to do now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.