Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    If a girl"s opinion matters to you: they're both "chav" shoes.

If you're trying to put ladies off dating you then those are the right shoes to go about it in
    wow my vision must be impaired lmaoooo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I-I)
    i made an impulse buy and braught some Tn's and Nike shox, i liked them both but i do feel the shox are out of fashion?

http://www.footlocker.eu/gb/en/Shoes...spx/4206537004

http://www.footlocker.eu/gb/en/Shoes...spx/4206534704

i know from experience the Tn's are very comfortable, and i dont mind them but what do you think about the shox , i dont wanna look like a idiot wearing them 5 years out of fashion i brought it cos it looked nice. shall i return them as they are unworn

lol need advice from tsr fashion police
    Don't you think it's better to find shoes that are comfortable and not some shoes that are going to hurt your feet? They look fine.. personally the first ones look better.. but in my opinion I don't like the heel part at the back.. but I guess that for fitness reasons..

They are for fitness right??

They aren't dressy shoes.. so I don't think going to house party or dance would be a good place to wear those too.. but around the park they should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahchan)
    Don't you think it's better to find shoes that are comfortable and not some shoes that are going to hurt your feet? They look fine.. personally the first ones look better.. but in my opinion I don't like the heel part at the back.. but I guess that for fitness reasons..

They are for fitness right??

They aren't dressy shoes.. so I don't think going to house party or dance would be a good place to wear those too.. but around the park they should be okay.
    yeah totally agree the first look good, apart from the heel, the second one are very comfortable. and house party lmaoo no way.

ReputationRep:
    They both scream out that you're an Asian Chav. Terrible choices...

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you when you say the Tn's are comfy as hell and the shox are classics! But times change and neither are in fashion now, I used to wear them about 10 years ago lol, maybe get a pair of air forces? They're comfy.

I've got a pair of Vans California Decons which I think look good and are really comfy because they've got a really thick padded spongey sole that normal Vans don't have. Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1357091482.890978.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  10.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :banghead: They are hideous!

<3 x

ReputationRep:
    http://www.shoestore.co.uk/dc-shoes-...and-white.html just bought these, what do you guys think? What could I wear with them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaritymolecule)
    http://www.shoestore.co.uk/dc-shoes-...and-white.html just bought these, what do you guys think? What could I wear with them?
    DCs are awesome. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    DCs are awesome. :yy:
    Yea, they are pretty sweet Only shoes I ever wear, they last so long

ReputationRep:
    If I'm honest, they look ok for playing sport or going to the gym, but wearing them as fashion is a bit out of date (maybe 10 years or so), and really chavvy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    I dunno, I think the consensus is that the shoes you bought are 'chavvy'. Horrible word, but yeah.

Plimsolls, boots, Nike Blazers (for a sporty, but more refined look)?

Boat shoes?

negged by chavs
    I WANT TO REP ALL YOUR COMMENTS

but it won't let me cause i've done it too many times before

:'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *~HeartShapedBox)
    If I'm honest, they look ok for playing sport or going to the gym, but wearing them as fashion is a bit out of date (maybe 10 years or so), and really chavvy
    DCs? haha. Yea, my mum said they are dated lol but i like them and no one else wears them

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I think the consensus is that the shoes you bought are 'chavvy'. Horrible word, but yeah.

Plimsolls, boots, Nike Blazers (for a sporty, but more refined look)?

Boat shoes?

negged by chavs
    ...says the man who suggested Nike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    ...says the man who suggested Nike.
    Says the OP who doesn't want anything else other than trainers.

-_-

ReputationRep:
    Says the OP who doesn't want anything else other than trainers.

-_-
    If I am the OP, how come it doesn't say "Thread Starter" next to my name, hmmm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    If I am the OP, how come it doesn't say "Thread Starter" next to my name, hmmm?
    Bad wording on my part.

I suggested Nike Blazers because it seems like the OP wanted a sporty/athletic shoe, so I offered him a better alternative.

ReputationRep:
    Bad wording on my part.

I suggested Nike Blazers because it seems like the OP wanted a sporty/athletic shoe, so I offered him a better alternative.
    Putting the eternal naffness of all Nike merchandise aside for a moment, he was looking at running shoes, and you suggested a fashion trainer. He'll break his ankle if he goes running in that.

ReputationRep:
    Just stick to Converse..or maybe get some German Army Trainers

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.