Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend was at my place, we were making out, he said he needed a condom.

We just started seeing each other, so I gently but firmly said "no", said no sex till I was in a long-term relationship, and studies came first.

Then I whispered in his ear I really liked making out with him, he smiled and hugged me closer.

Now--will he:
    break up with me? or
    pressure me for sex?
    or
    respect me?

He's a sweet guy, Ph.D-level student. *sigh*...

ReputationRep:
    he seems respectful...

ReputationRep:
    I am quite confused... he is your bf, so you are in a long-term relationship, ain't you?

And if I were him, I'd think of you to be performing to win respect...to be honest. Girls always think over much... If he didn't respect/like you enough, he wouldn't have sex with you.

If you wanted to make out with him, why not done that..

ReputationRep:
    No guy wants a relationship with a chick who will open her legs at the first sign of attention, if he's not willing to wait he's a bad egg, if he is, he'll respect you more in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    erm..how can be possibly know what he'll do?

Clearly if he ends things because of this he's not exactly a keeper anyway.

ReputationRep:
    No-one can answer those questions for crying out loud. You have no problem whatsoever, he was a tad too forward, you said no, he obliged. Seems a respectful lad, can't blame him for trying to get action early.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what sort of guy he is. Some guys will think it's frigid and think you're being a tease, or using sex as a way to pin him down. Other guys will understand and want to go it slow. But honestly just 'cause he wants sex doesn't mean he doesn't care enough anyway. For guys, sex is a way of showing they care.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.