17.65%
    Both are equally bad
    37.25%

ReputationRep:
    which is worse? poll included.

ReputationRep:
    Daddy's girl, so irritating

ReputationRep:
    Daddy's girl? your implying this to be gender specific? and Mommy's boy thus excluding females. If I'm gonna be honest both statements are equally bad

ReputationRep:
    I don't know... i think that both are just as equally bad :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Both 'as bad' as each other.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think either are necessarily bad and, if they are, certainly one is not worse than the other. Of course it's bad to be attached to your parents' apron strings and not have the independence to live your own life, but I don't think that means you can't be very close to either.

I am extremely close to my Mum (which I know doesn't make me either a Mummy's boy or a Daddy's girl - but just as an example), in fact I'm closer to her than I am to anyone else. But at the same time, my parents have brought me up to the point where they describe me as 'fiercely independent'. I've always hated my parents doing things for me which I'm perfectly capable of doing myself; I only come from university because I like seeing my parents, but not because I get homesick to the point of needing to come home; and I've been able to cook for myself since I was about 8.

So in answer to your question, OP, I think it can be bad to be too attached to your parents, but I don't think it's particularly bad to be either a Mummy's boy or a Daddy's girl, as long as that doesn't define your whole personality.

ReputationRep:
    I would say a mummys boy because it's not really seen as a cool thing, especially as you get older. A daddy's girl, yes is probably a spoilt brat but hey she gets stuff haha.

ReputationRep:
    Not lifting is probably the worst thing any human could possibly fathom at any point in their lifetime.

ReputationRep:
    Mummy's boy = cute, kind and helpful
    Daddy's girl = incestuous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverse)
    Not lifting is probably the worst thing any human could possibly fathom at any point in their lifetime.
    do you even correct market failures bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    do you even correct market failures bro
    Nope I spread information failure in the gym so people don't lift correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Why are either bad? What's wrong with having a close relationship with one of your parents?

ReputationRep:
    Nope I spread information failure in the gym so people don't lift correctly.
    stop being a negative externality bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    stop being a negative externality bro.
    What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little loser? I'll have you know I beat the Elite Four and became the champion, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Unova, and I have over 300 PokeDex entries. I am trained in Pokemon catching and I'm the top Pokemon master in the entire Kanto region. You are nothing to me but just another zubat in a cave. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the PokeNav? Think again, loser! As we speak I am contacting my secret network of trainers across the Kanto Region and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, loser. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred different ways. And that's just with my girth. Not only am I extensively trained in Pokemon training, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Pokemon in my Gramps' lab and I will use them to their full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the region, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn loser. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're ****ing dead, Ashy-boy.

ReputationRep:
    What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little loser? I'll have you know I beat the Elite Four and became the champion, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Unova, and I have over 300 PokeDex entries. I am trained in Pokemon catching and I'm the top Pokemon master in the entire Kanto region. You are nothing to me but just another zubat in a cave. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the PokeNav? Think again, loser! As we speak I am contacting my secret network of trainers across the Kanto Region and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, loser. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred different ways. And that's just with my girth. Not only am I extensively trained in Pokemon training, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Pokemon in my Gramps' lab and I will use them to their full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the region, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn loser. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're ****ing dead, Ashy-boy.
    Copy and paste is strong in this one. You/another site edited the one involving a guy in the army or something.

ReputationRep:
    I think "Daddy's girl" carries with it the implication of being extremely spoilt and getting your own pony as soon as you ask for it, and fluttering your eyelids and getting "Daddy" to do whatever you want for you. So I would say that one. But if it's just a case of being close with your parents, then neither is worse than the other. They're actually quite good things.

ReputationRep:
    mummy's boy - ''oh he's sooo cute''

daddy's girl - ''spoilt *****''

the choice is obvious

ReputationRep:
    I would say daddy's girls but that's because I'm biased. Although being a mummy's boy/daddy's girl is imo very different to being close with your parents so I suppose they're both equally as annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Chose "Both are equally bad" but in the past I'd of deffo said mummy's boy as I just feel you're were more likely to be taken the mick out of as guys were supposed to be seen as more self-assured I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say both.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.