Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    I know, but there is a lot more evidence for near-death experiences than people being abducted by aliens
    possibly - but near-death does not equal near-afterlife.

(Original post by kita)
    erm....why???? I hate making people cry...
    well you'd be gone therefore i'd cry DUHHH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    possibly - but near-death does not equal near-afterlife.
    True But near-death experiences do actually involve the body being physically dead, so the soul leaves it, but sometimes doctors etc can bring it back to life if it's only been dead for a short time, so the soul returns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    True But near-death experiences do actually involve the body being physically dead, so the soul leaves it, but sometimes doctors etc can bring it back to life if it's only been dead for a short time, so the soul returns
    weeeeell, that is hard to believe i guess we'll just have to wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Hehe, yeah I guess Plenty to do while we wait anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    but im scared...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    but im scared...
    Aww, don't be scared honey! Why are you scared?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Aww, don't be scared honey! Why are you scared?
    cos i dunno whats gunna happen, i worry lol x

(Original post by kita)
    cos i dunno whats gunna happen, i worry lol x
    at the moment my driving test is more on my mind
    its harder than people think!!!! the whole lot, the theory test, the practical itself, all the preparation etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    Right...my heads hurting. I just had one of them silly thoughts of like...how did we get here and stuff, and when someone dies...they cant just go surely? i mean, we've all got feelings, and think about things in a logical way, so how can that just disappear????

Anybody got any views, i mean, i know nobody knows the answer...its just got me thinking lol xx

Well if reincarnation where true then why on earth do we not remeber our previous lives? if we are constantly being reborn, then why or how are we doing what we are now, and why are we aware now. (Sounds f*cked, but there you go).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Well if reincarnation where true then why on earth do we not remeber our previous lives? if we are constantly being reborn, then why or how are we doing what we are now, and why are we aware now. (Sounds f*cked, but there you go).
    yore thinking exactly like me...i pity you lol. HOW can we not understand and remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    yore thinking exactly like me...i pity you lol. HOW can we not understand and remember.
    *Correction*

You are thinking like ME! lol. Confusing though, so what actually happens when we die, do we feel pain?

ReputationRep:
    well all your memories are in your brain, and we know people come from ovaries and sperm. so, obviously it's impossible for any memories of some corpse to be in someone elses mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    well all your memories are in your brain, and we know people come from ovaries and sperm. so, obviously it's impossible for any memories of some corpse to be in someone elses mind
    right...so how do we suddenly get the ability to think and understand and have emotions and react differently to others. I understand pain for exacmple, cos its a physical thing - nerves etc under the skin, but psychological factors - they cant just....appear lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    *Correction*

You are thinking like ME! lol. Confusing though, so what actually happens when we die, do we feel pain?
    i dont knowwwwwwww lol. and no. you are thinking LIKE ME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    right...so how do we suddenly get the ability to think and understand and have emotions and react differently to others. I understand pain for exacmple, cos its a physical thing - nerves etc under the skin, but psychological factors - they cant just....appear lol
    We don't *suddenly* get the ability to think etc, it's just that that is as far as we can remember. Because the soul is working through the brain as soon as we are born, we are sort of not able to know stuff that we did before we were born, because everything is happening through the brain from then on, which is, like, brand new, so doesn't have any informtion in it. That made no sense whatsoever did it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    We don't *suddenly* get the ability to think etc, it's just that that is as far as we can remember. Because the soul is working through the brain as soon as we are born, we are sort of not able to know stuff that we did before we were born, because everything is happening through the brain from then on, which is, like, brand new, so doesn't have any informtion in it. That made no sense whatsoever did it?!
    yeah it sort of did...my heads hurting now shhh lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    yeah it sort of did...my heads hurting now shhh lol
    Haha, mine too, but that might be something to do with my terrible cold

ReputationRep:
    what evidence is there for a soul tho cate, what is a soul!? do you think people like ghandi have a soul and people like hitler dont?

tell me! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Haha, mine too, but that might be something to do with my terrible cold
    awww *big hug and a tissue*

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.