Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    what evidence is there for a soul tho cate, what is a soul!? do you think people like ghandi have a soul and people like hitler dont?

tell me! :P
    no everyone has a soul i reckon - thats like all your emotions and the way u think and feel. Everyone has one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    no everyone has a soul i reckon - thats like all your emotions and the way u think and feel. Everyone has one.
    Yeah I agree. Some people, like Hitler, are/were just completely corrupted though, power mad etc.

ReputationRep:
    so what is the soul then. what difference does it have to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Your soul is like your personality. Things that can't be physically defined, like why you like some things and not others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    the way you feel different emotions and think about things in a different perspective?

ReputationRep:
    hmm i just think thats personality in your head. that just develops depending on the events of your life and how they affect you. i dont think that when you die all your non-physical traits come flying out of you to be reincarnated or go to some party with god.

if there is this soul what do you think it does when you die then, im assuming you think it sticks around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    hmm i just think thats personality in your head. that just develops depending on the events of your life and how they affect you. i dont think that when you die all your non-physical traits come flying out of you to be reincarnated or go to some party with god.

if there is this soul what do you think it does when you die then, im assuming you think it sticks around?
    It goes to heaven or whatever, or gets reincarnated. That's my oppinion anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)

there cant be loadsa souls just floating about...but they cant just disappear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    so how comes we cant remember. i wanna know if i was a hamster in my past life. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    but what does it do in heaven, people are just the sum of their life experiences and if this soul is just their personality what do they do in heaven? i don't understand!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Your soul is like your personality. Things that can't be physically defined, like why you like some things and not others.
    *lumpy enters room nervously looking at kitas gun wound...*

oooh never thought of it like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    so how comes we cant remember. i wanna know if i was a hamster in my past life. lol
    We can't remember because as soon as we are born our soul is working through the brain, which has no memory of anything yet because it is new.

but what does it do in heaven, people are just the sum of their life experiences and if this soul is just their personality what do they do in heaven? i don't understand!
    Me neither, heaven always sounded rather boring to me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Me neither, heaven always sounded rather boring to me lol
    me an you can go to hell together and have fun :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Lol! I rather fancy getting reincarnated as a bird...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    neither do i, neither does cate neither does anybody lol. oh my gosh my head!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    and what about me...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    *lumpy enters room nervously looking at kitas gun wound...*

oooh never thought of it like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    and what about me...?
    you can come too but you'll have to do something bad like mug an old lady or swear at a priest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    you can come too but you'll have to do something bad like mug an old lady or swear at a priest.
    o my gosh....erm does nicking chocolate count...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    Right...my heads hurting. I just had one of them silly thoughts of like...how did we get here and stuff, and when someone dies...they cant just go surely? i mean, we've all got feelings, and think about things in a logical way, so how can that just disappear????

Anybody got any views, i mean, i know nobody knows the answer...its just got me thinking lol xx
    Well its not silly to think it.
    I always think about it, but i come to the answer that i don't see how i'll ever know.
    And if i cannot see a way that i will know, then why bother asking in the first place.
    Instead it is better to focus on the questions in life that we can answer, and accept as written what we cannot.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.