Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think I look androgynous? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok! Thanks for your opinions!

ReputationRep:
    OP yes imho, I thought you were male, the only distinguishing feminine attribute were your lips. if it really bothers you that much

1) get a more feminine hair cut
    2) lose some weight
    3) wear more feminine clothing
    4) trim the eyebrows
    5) ....
    6) profit!

Spoiler:
    Show
    you're all thinking it :rolleyes:

No comment

ReputationRep:
      In all honesty yes a bit, though you're not bad looking, you just look a bit androgynous as you've already said.

(I would still guess girl though based on your eyes and lips)

ReputationRep:
      I think it's your hair that makes you look boyish, and your clothes probably add to that. IMO, if your hair was longer i.e. past your chin, there would be no question that you're a girl. You have quite soft, feminine features.

ReputationRep:
      In all honesty i can definitely see feminine qualities in your face, its just the short hair really :/
      don't listen to the comment saying you need to loose weight, like how can you tell that from a facial shot :confused:

ReputationRep:
      You do look androgynous, but I think your features are more to the feminine side. And I think it's really cool, as I have wanted to dress androgynously for a long time.

ReputationRep:
      You look like a lesbian,I'm not being rude but you look like a masculine female not a feminine male.

ReputationRep:
      Need longer hair

Different clothes

ReputationRep:
      You're not ugly! You're very naturally beautiful!

You've got a lot a nice facial features that lots of girls really want- full lips, cute nice and good eyebrows.

A bit of a makeover, however, might help you bring these features out more. Have you considered shaping your eyebrows, earnings and a new hair style? A more feminine scarf etc might help too

ReputationRep:
      All you need is longer hair honestly.

ReputationRep:
      Keep the side fringe but grow your hair longer so it curves round your face and sort of frames it.

ReputationRep:
      I did think boy at first, but that's probably because of the hair, eye brows and the box-ish face.

ReputationRep:
      you are not pretty/ugly since you are not your face

But I say lose some weight as it will give your face more definition. I see chubby cheeks. I don't think I'd have a problem in identifying you as a girl the way you are now.

ReputationRep:
      If you are comfortable the way you are then don't change for anyone - it will just mess with your mind. Just experiment and be yourself. Society likes to put us all into little boxes and most people see gender as a black and white concept ('you're either one or the other') but it's not like that at all - there is a huge grey area and it's a spectrum. So don't try to fit into a box - be you.

ReputationRep:
      I can understand why people question whether you are male or female, but you're not bad looking and I don't think you should change the way you look

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by boner in jeans)
      OP yes imho, I thought you were male, the only distinguishing feminine attribute were your lips. if it really bothers you that much

1) get a more feminine hair cut
      2) lose some weight
      3) wear more feminine clothing
      4) trim the eyebrows
      5) ....
      6) profit!

Spoiler:
      Show
      you're all thinking it :rolleyes:
      Agree with all apart from the one in bold

ReputationRep:
      Hope not cus i've just right click, saved-as on those two photos for later.:ahee:

ReputationRep:
      You don't look androgynous at all, the only thing that looks a bit boyish is your hairstyle.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by OkashiAddict)
      Some people have asked me whether I'm a boy or girl. I'm a girl but I don't really dress very girly and I have a flat chest. I usually wear high-collared shirts and generally unisex clothing. Personally, I don't mind it, I just want to know what people other than my friends and family think
      Anyway, what do you think? I guess I feel a little bit self conscious and ugly about myself now as well
      http://i49.tinypic.com/n9dhd.jpg

Thank you!
      I honestly had to check the sign next to your username to find out your gender

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.