Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the first part do I have to calculate the electrical potential energy between the possible combinations of charges, e.g. North and west, north and east, south west, south east, and then just add them, all together?

(calculating the electrical potential energies with Q1Q2/4πεr)

Any help with part ii) would be appreciated, not sure how to approach it. I know that the force between 2 charges is Q1Q2/4πεr^2

Thanks
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docxDoc3.docx (237.8 KB, 32 views)

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnieBrasco)
    anyone?
    I'm afraid the majority of people here are organic chemists, I'm not sure if there's a physical chemist who frequents these forums any more (where is bradshaw?)

However, I'd expect if you put this question on the physics forums you'd get an answer fairly quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnieBrasco)
    anyone?

(Original post by illusionz)
    I'm afraid the majority of people here are organic chemists, I'm not sure if there's a physical chemist who frequents these forums any more (where is bradshaw?)

However, I'd expect if you put this question on the physics forums you'd get an answer fairly quickly.
    I have already asked the mods to move it to physics study help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.