Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m.dot.mak)
    Loolz hardly anyone knows where it is so I don't blame you- it's like south of Birmingham...
    Yeah I'm doing the interview because I thought it would be a good experience
    Have you got any other offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh i am too, i thought it would be good to show intrest and a good experience. I've got all offers expect kings, they took ages to reply so after hearing from other unis i didn't want to go.
    How about u??
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessie.xx)
    Yh i am too, i thought it would be good to show intrest and a good experience. I've got all offers expect kings, they took ages to reply so after hearing from other unis i didn't want to go.
    How about u??
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Got conditionals from Aston and Wolverhampton, just waiting on Birmingham, not bothered about Keele- really don't know why I applied there lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m.dot.mak)
    Got conditionals from Aston and Wolverhampton, just waiting on Birmingham, not bothered about Keele- really don't know why I applied there lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats good, good luck with ur exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thats good, good luck with ur exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you
    And same to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aww good luck, I knowww! Its good to send your form early as possible especially for science courses, r u doing the interview?? Im not sure about the ethical questions doe. Oh ok. I don't know where that is
    I applied to uni's quite close like medway, reading, portsmouth and kings

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hope you don't mind me asking but did you have to have an interview at medway? if yes, how was it whate kind of questions do they ask you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anjna)
    hope you don't mind me asking but did you have to have an interview at medway? if yes, how was it whate kind of questions do they ask you
    Hey, yeah i did in decemeber, hopefully u will have someone nice to interview u coz the lady i.had was quite drilling
    They asked the general questions like why pharmacy, why medway, what skills do have which make u good for the course, what skills u need to improve on. talk about any work xperience u've had and what u have learnt, the lady i had asked me to name OTC drugs and precription only drugs :eek: and what they do which reaallly annoyed me coz i didn't expect it but i just named the basics.

They ask three maths questions, really easy. Make sure to ask questions at the end of the interview even if u know the answer to show that u are intrested and want to do pharmacy.

Dont panic or be worried just be really chatty and appear confident even if you're not

When is ur interview??
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know what the lecture times are like on a pharmacy course? like are there lectures everyday or something like 3 times a week?

ReputationRep:
    Oops sorry I havn't been on here for quite a while...

Regarding whether there are people from different background/culture in Aston. It is one of the most diverse university I have everrrr seen. There are blacks/whites/asian etc so you don't have to worry about that.

You don't really need work experience beforehand but it would be useful.

Yes you do get send to placement but is like a half a day kinda thing and you get allocated a group and the teachers decided where you are gonna g to.

Second year is when you get to have individual placements in community pharmacy and hospital.

To the person above: Throughout the year I didn't have a single day off. You have lectures everyday.

If you want me to answer any more questions just quote me

Best of luck guys.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, yeah i did in decemeber, hopefully u will have someone nice to interview u coz the lady i.had was quite drilling
    They asked the general questions like why pharmacy, why medway, what skills do have which make u good for the course, what skills u need to improve on. talk about any work xperience u've had and what u have learnt, the lady i had asked me to name OTC drugs and precription only drugs :eek: and what they do which reaallly annoyed me coz i didn't expect it but i just named the basics.

They ask three maths questions, really easy. Make sure to ask questions at the end of the interview even if u know the answer to show that u are intrested and want to do pharmacy.

Dont panic or be worried just be really chatty and appear confident even if you're not

When is ur interview??
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohmigosh! I can't believe she asked you to name some OTC drugs or some POM?! I had no idea what they even were before I started uni.

Hope it went well!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody Had an interview in Aston
    Was It An Informal/Formal. Was there a particular kind of question they asked.
    How Many People Is it With. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    2nd year aston pharmacy student here. Any questions or help with the course, feel free to pm me or quote me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrettyLittleLiars)

Regarding whether there are people from different background/culture in Aston. It is one of the most diverse university I have everrrr seen. There are blacks/whites/asian etc so you don't have to worry about that.

Yes you do get send to placement but is like a half a day kinda thing and you get allocated a group and the teachers decided where you are gonna g to.

Second year is when you get to have individual placements in community pharmacy and hospital.

To the person above: Throughout the year I didn't have a single day off. You have lectures everyday.

Best of luck guys.

Loool aint seen u around the uni.

ReputationRep:

Best of luck guys.
    Hi, what is the typical offer that Aston give for Pharmacy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanishovenfork)
    Hi, what is the typical offer that Aston give for Pharmacy?
    Wagwaan, yh AAB. A's in either maths, chemistry, biology or physics. I got AAB n got a'S in maths and chemistry. I know people on my course who didnt do a level biology.

ReputationRep:

Best of luck guys.

Hi I'm doing Pharmacy this year in October at Aston, I was wondering how the time table for each day is like? 9-5pm? Do you have free periods and how are the lectures like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _uhbang)
    Hi I'm doing Pharmacy this year in October at Aston, I was wondering how the time table for each day is like? 9-5pm? Do you have free periods and how are the lectures like?
    Hi, the timetable varies everyday or so. But the latest you leave is 5pm.

EDIT: If anyone has any other relates Pharmacy questions please ask Shuaib786 since I no longer study Pharmacy at Aston but instead am gonna start Chemical Engineering hopefully. The course itself is fab but didn't really suit me that well.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for Pharmacy at Aston for 2014 entry?

I have got an offer for AAB with A in Maths and Chemistry. Does anyone know if Aston are bothered which subject you get the grade in.

Also would they count A*BB as equivalent to AAB?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone think Aston would accept me for Pharmacy as my firm choice, if I get ABB (A in psychology, B in maths and B in chem) if my UMS mark in psych is 10 off an A*? As ive already done my Alevel psychology with a B, resitting AS to get an A grade. Thanks
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.