Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Government and Politics A2 Unit3d edexcel prediction Watch

ReputationRep:
    You can find them all here under "UNIT", for each exam session/season.

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/pages...oundaries.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amos36)
    EU is good topic for me. I know all the treaties and institutions for knowledge (AO1). Federalists/functionalists/neofunctionalists for synoptic linkage (AOwhatever). And you've got lots of economic data to big it up and some examples of failure e.g. Kosovo, Foreign and Security Policy failure, Eurozone Crisis, failure to agree on Euro budget December 2012.

Any good ideas you've got?
    Very nice, that's why I like this unit it's clear to see the separate units. I definitely agree with the parts on the Eurozone Crisis and recent budget, the examiner will probably like to see we are up to date and haven't just looked in an old book.
    I don't have any economic data though, pretty bad at remember figures. Will have to have a last minute look for that!

ReputationRep:
    I think:

EU and their CAP policy will come up
    Along with:
    The Veto powers of the UN

Happy Revising!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else doing 3C US politics? any predictions for 15 markers or 45 markers?

ReputationRep:
    EU is good topic for me. I know all the treaties and institutions for knowledge (AO1). Federalists/functionalists/neofunctionalists for synoptic linkage (AOwhatever). And you've got lots of economic data to big it up and some examples of failure e.g. Kosovo, Foreign and Security Policy failure, Eurozone Crisis, failure to agree on Euro budget December 2012.

Any good ideas you've got?
    I just find the EU so boring!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mouth)
    Very nice, that's why I like this unit it's clear to see the separate units. I definitely agree with the parts on the Eurozone Crisis and recent budget, the examiner will probably like to see we are up to date and haven't just looked in an old book.
    I don't have any economic data though, pretty bad at remember figures. Will have to have a last minute look for that!
    Well, if you've got any good statistics or examples to trade (hey; lets not be losers and not help each other because UMS is relative), I'm game! Or if you could provide me with a summary of UN success in Sierra Leone?

MY EU FACTS!

GDP: $17.8tn
    (28% of world GDP (or GWP), 40% larger than USA)

915bn Euros in circulation.
    $7.1bn EU gives to foreign aid (2nd to USA)
    EU is a member of G-8, G-20 and WTO. China is not a member of G-8, interestingly.

785 MEPS in European Parliament (but powerless; no legislative initiative; criticised for being a "rubber stamp")

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries seem good to me:

JULY 2012:

71 - A*
    63 - A

JAN 2012:

67 - A*
    61 - A

That would mean a recent average of 69/90 for A* and 62/90 for A.

Which would be like 10,10,10 and 32 for A or 11,11,11 and 36 for A*.

Doesn't seem too bad and I've not bothered to find out B boundary, sorry folks. Aim high! :P

Well that's made me feel a lot more optimistic, i was thinking that A* would need something ridiculous like 81/90...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotelbravo)
    Well that's made me feel a lot more optimistic, i was thinking that A* would need something ridiculous like 81/90...
    S'alright buddy; I'm just a nice guy and love to help everyone feel just a little happier.

ReputationRep:
    I've got this exam tomorrow; so grateful it's in the afternoon! I reckon the EU will come up seeing as it hasn't for the last two papers as a 45 mark question. I hope something on US decline/rise of china will come up as I've loads of statistics on those. For 15 markers I reckon something on the IMF will come up.
    There seems to be a trend in the January 15 markers, I'd say a question on either liberalism or realism will come up and conflict/cooperation
    Taking Hughes's advice then eh Harry? I'm not sure about eu coming up in the 45 markers, UN is likely especially with Syria tumbling, possibly another globalisation .. And yes anything on multipolarity, bipolarity - world order would truly be amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecomax)
    There seems to be a trend in the January 15 markers, I'd say a question on either liberalism or realism will come up and conflict/cooperation
    Taking Hughes's advice then eh Harry? I'm not sure about eu coming up in the 45 markers, UN is likely especially with Syria tumbling, possibly another globalisation .. And yes anything on multipolarity, bipolarity - world order would truly be amazing
    Haha, so, which member of my class would you be?

And yes, I think he is right. The EU hasn't come up in a while. And as far as I remember, the papers are written a good while ago (1 year?).

I reckon UN will come up as a short-answer, as it's only come up once already as a 15-marker. You could be right though, seeing as it hasn't come up in June 2012.

I think bipolarity (hinting at China) would be a dream question; since America's decline and rise of BRICs has both come up already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple1)
    Is anyone else doing 3C US politics? any predictions for 15 markers or 45 markers?
    I am! Also looking for predictions

ReputationRep:
    Haha, so, which member of my class would you be?

And yes, I think he is right. The EU hasn't come up in a while. And as far as I remember, the papers are written a good while ago (1 year?).

I reckon UN will come up as a short-answer, as it's only come up once already as a 15-marker. You could be right though, seeing as it hasn't come up in June 2012.

I think bipolarity (hinting at China) would be a dream question; since America's decline and rise of BRICs has both come up already.

It be me, Sam
    It's what they would ask on EU specifically that i question, they've done federal Europe and to what extent has the EU developed into a major global actor

Perhaps, something like why has the UN been criticised for example sounds plausible

That would be a dream

ReputationRep:
    It be me, Sam
    It's what they would ask on EU specifically that i question, they've done federal Europe and to what extent has the EU developed into a major global actor

Perhaps, something like why has the UN been criticised for example sounds plausible

That would be a dream
    Economic giant/political dwarf, maybe? Or extent to which it is supranational?

And fair shout; that would be great! They've only done UNSC reform; but in general you could talk about UNSC reform, peacekeeping failures, lack of moral compass, too supranational, ignored legitimate claims of Palestine for many years.

HLA

ReputationRep:
    So the same EU questions just reworded? It's a possibility

Yeah that wouldn't be a bad 15 mark, I thought there could be a question like explain the features of the Bretton woods system

ReputationRep:
    So the same EU questions just reworded? It's a possibility

Yeah that wouldn't be a bad 15 mark, I thought there could be a question like explain the features of the Bretton woods system
    I think it's more likely they use the words "global economic governance" due to the fact that the actual Bretton Woods system ended in the 1970s

ReputationRep:
    There is a section on Bretton woods and ways it could be reformed

But yes global economic governance does sound more likely, particularly in the contrasting views of realism and liberalism

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck everyone who is going to be awake this night that i can pm and ask questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dlabz)
    Goodluck everyone who is going to be awake this night that i can pm and ask questions?
    I think I may stay up till at least the early hours of this morning studying :P

ReputationRep:
    so how did it go for everyone?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotelbravo)
    so how did it go for everyone?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did bipolarity, U.N's key purposes and differences between realist and liberals for the 15 markers and then the EU having global significance and influence, I think it went okay they were nice questions what about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.