Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frananaful)
    I did bipolarity, U.N's key purposes and differences between realist and liberals for the 15 markers and then the EU having global significance and influence, I think it went okay they were nice questions what about you?
    I did the exact same questions They were all so nice and straightforward

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what were the other 45mark questions if anyone can remember? taking this exam in june and just trying to gauge what kind of questions have recently been set for the 45markers.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I can only remember two:

One was whether the EU remained an important global actor and the other was basically the same question for the USA. In my opinion it was a doddle down to the 45 mark question choice. I expect higher than average grade boundaries, though the 15 markers were fairly average. Sorry I can't remember the other option.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone once again we are getting our results tomorrow how do you think you would do in Politics 3d

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully well, the grade boundaries are up by the way 61 for an A 66 for a* .. Not too bad

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecomax)
    Hopefully well, the grade boundaries are up by the way 61 for an A 66 for a* .. Not too bad

Where'd you find that out from? That sounds good - out of 90 that's pretty encouraging. Sadly Core 3 and Decision 1 didn't go nearly as well as I feel that politics did, but we'll see tomorrow eh? Hope everything goes well for you "Ecomax".

ReputationRep:
    All the grade boundaries come out a day before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amos36)
    The grade boundaries seem good to me:

JULY 2012:

71 - A*
    63 - A

JAN 2012:

67 - A*
    61 - A

That would mean a recent average of 69/90 for A* and 62/90 for A.

Which would be like 10,10,10 and 32 for A or 11,11,11 and 36 for A*.

Doesn't seem too bad and I've not bothered to find out B boundary, sorry folks. Aim high! :P
    That's excellent. Just got 100/100 on unit 2 retake and was slightly worried about the jump in marks for a2 but again this is very promising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rovey)
    That's excellent. Just got 100/100 on unit 2 retake and was slightly worried about the jump in marks for a2 but again this is very promising.
    Seriously? Why do people "neg" everyone? It's just so pointless. Hence I have positived you right out of here - good work on getting 100 UMS. You did well - that should be applauded and constructively envied not hated on. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amos36)
    Seriously? Why do people "neg" everyone? It's just so pointless. Hence I have positived you right out of here - good work on getting 100 UMS. You did well - that should be applauded and constructively envied not hated on. :cool:
    it's alright - i'm just slightly confused with the whole raw mark/UMS thing, are you saying the numbers in your post I quoted above is in terms of raw marks i.e. 10,10,10 and 32 for A ​or is this UMS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rovey)
    it's alright - i'm just slightly confused with the whole raw mark/UMS thing, are you saying the numbers in your post I quoted above is in terms of raw marks i.e. 10,10,10 and 32 for A ​or is this UMS?
    That is raw mark, I.e. 62 raw marks =80 ums
    In the case of the January paper it was 61 raw marks for an A (80)ums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecomax)
    That is raw mark, I.e. 62 raw marks =80 ums
    In the case of the January paper it was 61 raw marks for an A (80)ums

So in other words, an A is not 80% but in fact closer to 70%? That's interesting, my teachers have always made 80% an A but I guess he's making it slightly more challenging for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rovey)
    So in other words, an A is not 80% but in fact closer to 70%? That's interesting, my teachers have always made 80% an A but I guess he's making it slightly more challenging for us.
    A common misconception, indeed our teachers did the same .. Helps you in the long run

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone i was wondering if we could continue with these for unit 4d or should i make a new thread?

ReputationRep:
    New thread

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2342409

Thats the thread for unit 4d This unit bugs me I really need help

ReputationRep:
    is anyone resitting this unit ?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.