Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The What did you dream about thread? Watch

ReputationRep:
    just remembered , had a dream they showed Howards mother on screen on the Big Bang Theory because if you have ever watched the show , you just hear her voice so it was nice , cant remember what she looked like though.

ReputationRep:
    Very strange, being on a beach and in a building at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    had a dream me and my mate went to the Reebok for a match and i met Jermaine Beckford outside of the ground and i told he was going to score 2 and gave him a hug for some reason , only for us to realise we had brought tickets for the wrong match to the game so we had to get the train back home.

ReputationRep:
    had a dream last night we were beating Yeovil 2-0 at home through Craig Davies and Kevin Davies scoring , most likely because we are playing Yeovil on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    Dreamt about a rat and a forest, that's all I can remember

ReputationRep:
    Had a dream where my life was basically just really great, my occupation I was a professional footballer for playing for Chelsea & England & ended up scoring the winning goal in the 2014 World Cup Final. I ended up retiring from Football & then went into Politics became the Prime Minister of the UK & was heavily adored by the public. I made several reforms to the advancement of society & managed to secure world peace after various public speeches & meetings with fellow leaders. I then stepped down from my role as PM in order to further express my philanthropist nature with various volunteer work at home & abroad. I also had a beautiful girlfriend, a decent social circle & my parents were very proud of what I had achieved in life & sincerely cherished my self-made DVD compilation that was given as a present to brighten up their later years

ReputationRep:
    had a dream i had a cold but didnt have a tissue.

ReputationRep:
    my dreams have been so dull recently so cant remember them.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Have so so many weird dreams. Here are some from the dream journals thread:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Dream #1: I was in a game (Jak 3). And I was playing missions which happened between the end of Jak 2 and the start of Jak 3. I immediately noticed that I was in the fictional setting of Haven City so I became lucid. I decided, as curiousity, to check out the would-be ruined area of Main Town before the inevitable collapse of the Palace. There was a closed gate where the entrance was supposed to be. "Odd," I thought. Then, the gate automatically opened. Interested, I went inside. Now, it wasn't the actual Main Town area which I recognised in the game Jak 2. It was instead a strange sewer with different gates leading to different places. I eventually reached some sort of private conference and I was asked by the man standing outside if I knew anyone who was inside. I said yes and he surprisingly let me in. Everyone were suited up men who all looked the same to me. I thought of stealing some food to take home with me but none of the food items were appealing to me.

Then, the next scene rolled to some guy building a fortified security gate just on the border of the Port and the Palace courtyard. I told him that the gate would be crushed by a falling palace support tower. He asked me how did I know. I just shrugged and said I knew. Then, I saw something yellow in the distance. I squinted and saw that they were missiles and that they were heading towards the Palace. As the base of the Palace started to crumble and weaken, I shouted at the top of my voice, "Run! The Palace is being attacked!!!!!!!" I ran with the guy far, far away to the far southern section of the Port, where I knew that neither the Palace or any of its falling support towers or the towers' loose cables would touch us. Just in the nick of time, the Palace collapsed and so did its support towers. Just as I told the guy, one support tower completely crushed the security gate which the guy worked so hard on. Before the dream ended, the guy said "My contraption!" in a crying voice.

Dream #2: It was more of a continuation of Dream 1. I was asked to investigate the collapse of the palace and who was responsible so I had to go to the Golden Girls HQ and find evidence. This time, I had a magical compass which told me what to fetch as evidence. Getting it without being caught was another thing entirely. I decided to "no-clip" through the walls and get the evidence book myself. However, once again I failed at this and accidentally went into a room where a woman and her partner were "doing it". She screamed and I stood still. I kept on apologising under my breath but as I was getting my courage to fully apologise, the woman suddenly smiled happily and told me that her respect for me has gone up a lot and she told me that should I ever join the Golden Girls, I can have an 80% discount on the membership fee. The dream ended before I could fetch the evidence.

Dream #3: Yet another continuation! There was a young boy who was running away from some death bots in Haven City and told me to follow him. I could hardly keep up with the fast little bugger.

Dream #4: I was happily engaged to my classmate in uni and we were eating in an okay-ish restaurant. Then, the restaurant owner comes and "recommends" that we have our wedding in his place. :lol:

Dream #5: I was going back home from work and boarded the train. I, however, forgot which station I had to get off to take another train to the town of Southminster (where I'm actually considering to buy my first home in). I got off at the wrong station (obviously) and I saw some artificial looking mountains in the distance. I became lucid again as these mountains looked like they were made in a video game editing program. I decided to change the dream, while I was at it, and ended up at where I am staying at right now. But this time, my all-time favourite geography teacher in my primary school was leaving and apparently, there were some medals which my school forgot to send me. Apparently, I was in a Maths team and I was really successful.
    Dream #1: I had a race with a friend in a river. I had to race through never ending currents in a cold icy land while my friend got the benefit of dry land. Eventually, I gave up and went my own way.

Dream #2: I was in a strange abandoned village. The people there called it a "city" but I begged to differ. In the northern part of the "city", there was a shrine to some sort of goddess. I touched the shrine and there was a voice: "I am the spirit of Blacklight. How may I help you?" I hesitated and then slowly walked away, muttering "nevermind".

Dream #3: I was at uni but I couldn't get home because there was a Tfl argument over wages (again). Unfortunately, I was stuck wandering a small abandoned part of London for all eternity. Or, well, until the dream ended, that is.

Dream #4: Betty Suarez from Ugly Betty asked me for advice on how to move up in the fashion industry. We went through the job vacancies for fashion and I noticed that one of the job ads had a photo of my ex-classmate. I clicked on it as it was the highest paying job (£2,000). The job description required the applicant to be a "Redguard". Wat?

Dream #5: I met up with some women in a strange lighthouse. They had plans to hunt dragons of some sort. I decided for whatever reason that it was not worth my time so I stripped down and dived into the sea. All was good until a Telvanni guard (an armoured guard from one of my favourite video games) kept chasing me like I did something wrong.
    CJKay and I decided to meet in RL. We went for a walk in a pine forest and even swam in the river :love:

Then, I decided to stalk Lydia so I went on top of the roof of her house. But the windows weren't see through and I was afraid that she would catch me so I climbed off.

And finally, I had a bounty and kept on having guards say "I know you" so I kept on using the Fire Breath shout on them until I saw a Dune Rat (from my mod) and pay it to clear my bounty :lolwut:

I then fast travelled back to the Shattered Mine. Apparently, both men who I killed were important for a quest in that mine. So I went inside. All was fine until I found out that since other provinces don't exist in the actual game, going to the passages would crash my game. I went to the passage of Elsweyr and nothing happened.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I was in my gran's flat and there was this scary woman with a knife walking towards me slowly so I ran and I thought I locked her in. I ran and told my gran who for some reason couldn't get out her bed and she told me to call the cops. I called 999 and told the operator that I locked the woman in with the snib and she was like "doors other than the front dont have snibs" and then I clicked. I ran and the door was wide open and my gran had been stabbed to death and I grabbed my cats and the woman started chasing me quickly and then backed me into a corner and stabbed me and then stabbed herself through the mouth

Creepiest part? It was Jack Nicholson in drag! Woke up in a cold sweat.

This was about 3 weeks ago and it still creeps me out thinking about it lol

ReputationRep:
    had a dream Scooby Doo and the gang broke into a house but he stole Tomato Soup and the gang was furious with him because they wanted him to steal the TVs and Laptops.

ReputationRep:
    A gigantic two-headed lizard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dreamed I was back in year 6 on the playground with my friends :daydreaming: Was a good dream But I felt sad when I woke up...

ReputationRep:
      had a dream Wenger told off Ozil for eating Sushi for some reason.

ReputationRep:
      I had a dream that I was the consort, or lover of a king, not sure what king, but I was also Brian Molko from Placebo, I don't know why, anyway the kings crazy wife came and stabbed the king and tried to lock me up in this room, I ran away I think that's when I woke up.

ReputationRep:
      My last 2 dreams:

I was in a doctor's office and he told me that i had cancer and I could either get treatment and probably die in pain or live a couple more weeks relatively pain free, so I said that I didn't want treatment. I asked him to phone my mum and explain things to her as I could not bear to and got the bus home, when I arrived home my mum had hung herself.

I was working on my computer and my neighbour came round and asked if I could look after her young son for a bit as she had an emergency elsewhere. I said OK and as I was busy on my computer I just told him to go and watch TV and put on the CBBC channel. A long time went past and I realised I had not checked on him so I went downstairs and found him dead in a pool of blood, he had fallen over or something and hit his head on the table. At that moment there is a knock on the door and it is the police saying they suspect there are drugs in the house and they have a warrant to search it. I panic and start running for what feels like hours with police sirens and helicopters after me, I wake up just as they are about to catch me.

My dreams have been pretty much this bleak for the last couple of years

ReputationRep:
      I haven't been able to remember my most recent dreams as much as normal but I have had some dreams recently-in one of them I turned up late to college and tutorial was in the hall and tutorial was in the hall and it had never been in the hall before and got to school later that I had planned to by about half an hour but I wasn't late for tutorial because I forgot my bus pass money.

As for what is the strangest thing I have ever dreamt about-that is a really tough question.I have dreamt about murdering someone and I got away with it because one of my teachers thought I couldn't do things like.I could just go on and on about the dreams I have had-I have had results dreams that were partially accurate, I have been trialed in court for meat crimes,I once went to a railway station and my sister had got something stolen off her and there was loads of people running away so I tried to get them and I did eventually catch on and it was one of my friends and in an extremely bizarre recent dream I stole the 10th Doctor's dreams and tried to get rid of them-I really wanted to stop him from getting in the tardis for some reason.

I think how you act in a dream like state is similar to a drunken state, although I wouldn't know because I haven't been drunk but in both states you act before you think- do you really remember a dream where you thought"should I eat chicken or turkey but the chicken is so delicious but I had that last week..." somehow I thought not-you just do things and these things are often very foolish.

I think this should be in Health and Relationships because I believe dreams are very important and link to your mental well being and lots of research have been done on them to and I think we all want to know what our dreams really mean and moving this to that section would be extremely beneficial for this.

ReputationRep:
      Last night I dreamed that a man and his daughter followed me into my home, sat in the living room and the father wouldn't leave till I agreed to babysit his daughter (in my own home).

WTF

ReputationRep:
      i had a dream last night about my english teacher ( a male one that i used to fancy) watching me whilst I was talking to my friends. and then it started to rain. then snow. then strong winds. and then. and then. and then. i woke up

ReputationRep:
      I have had a strange dream today that I remember very well it was all about me organising my own holiday and I think I was going away on the holiday on the day the dream was set and I was very anxious about organising things.I went to school where my french teacher got us to sit English Lit exams and before we even did them she took them way and was concerned that we might not have wrote on the first few lines on the front page(name etc.).I wasn't concerned about the exam because I had already sat my English Lit GCSE.I went over to the beach and met my friends who were riding along on bikes and I wondered how they managed to not fall over because it was very hard to balance myself on the sand for some reason but the friends left before I got to ask them about my concerns on the holiday-I thought that the bikes must have added extra friction or something but this actually doesn't make sense because friction opposes motion in real life.

At the planning centre, which was close to the beach I was very clumsy and somehow was almost booking another holiday by nudging buttons-I managed to press the x on the application, fortunately.I manged to pick up this massive computer monitor(it bulged outwards and was a very peculiar type of monitor) and when I decided to put it back down again it had turned into a woman, who landed in someones arms.There was a short broken yellow pencil that suddenly changed into a usable normal sized green pencil, at the planning centre.

It was a very unusual dream ,in which i appeared very clumsy and in the dream i was aware of this and came to the conclusion that i wasn't as clumsy at school because there wasn't as much that could go wrong compared to other places.

I fell asleep this afternoon and had the dream, otherwise it is very unlikely I would remember the dream in such vivid detail.I want to know hwy my dream included impossible elements that bewildered me in the dream(changing pencils,computer monitor to woman?)-it is almost as if the dream is being edited.

I have my own theory on the dream-that the pencil represented the fact that I am worried about taking risks that can't simply be rubbed out and changed-the computer monitor changing to a woman symbolises that things aren't always how you expect them to be and again linking int o the rubber represents how much I want to go back and change things.The whole dream was about me taking a risk too many because I wasn't prepared for the planning of this holiday.I am very cautious about taking risks and I wonder if the dream reflects this.The uncompleted exam could also symbolize the dissatisfaction of when a risk you take isn't completed.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.