Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best time to book long haul flights? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone knows when is generally the best time to book long haul flights? As early as possible or does it get a bit cheaper say a few months before the date, before getting more expensive? If it makes a difference, I'm looking at flights to Bangkok.

ReputationRep:
    From a price point of view its generally cheaper to book earlier, however there are flight deals at the last minute (a week or so before flight) because the companies don't want to send out a 3/4 full plane. That can be stressful from finding a ticket at all or what time the plane leaves, we didn't even realize until the day that we had to be at the airport on return at 3am Now at what time of the year to book, now that's a whole different story...

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, definitely don't want to leave it that late to book or could end up with no flight at all! I'm wanting to go in either July or August, has to be within a 6 week period but when within that is completely flexible. Not sure that I'm really going to find flights any cheaper if I wait much longer though someone else told me that they should still come down a bit yet.

ReputationRep:
    Try expedia or the airline websites and select a random day to see what price comes out, do that a few times and you might stumble on a good deal. I think it might be a tad cheaper along these lines...

• during a weekday/weekend, not sure
    • Also summer holidays may drive price up so maybe go towards the end of it
    • local holidays/events may drive price up/down, there was a hotel in dubai during ramadan (august) for £200 a night, at christmas it was £500 :eek: (that was booking 4 months in advance for christmas)

So just mess around with some holiday sites, see what price it spits out

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.