Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who do you enjoy seeing fail the most? Watch

ReputationRep:
    MK Dons

ReputationRep:
    England

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Chelsea. Bought their trophies, no history and little class. Obnoxious fans react to any problem with demands for more spending.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wardah2)
    :O Firstly, getting rid of Benitez is justified
    :eyebrow:

I love to see upsets in general. When relegation-threatened teams beat title contenders, when minnows beat teams two divisions above them in the cup, or when weaker teams perform well in the league. Football is a great game because this happens fairly frequently.

ReputationRep:
      Arsenal, Liverpool

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jack93o)
      Chelsea - disgusting club, disgusting style, disgusting owner, disgusting fans, disgusting everything. The prestige of the champions league has forever been tainted by their fluke win last season.
      No more than the fluke winners of 2005.

If I had a "love-to-fail" list:-

Manchester City (would never have been champions without that cash injection)
      England national team
      Greece national team
      Real Madrid (so arrogant, if there was any justice they would never have won those undeserved titles in 2003 and 2007)
      Bayern Munich (so arrogant, if there was any justice they would never have won those undeserved titles in 2000 and 2001 or even that boring Champions League win in 2001)
      Mario Balotelli
      Kevin Prince Boateng
      Beniot *****o Ekotto
      and until about 2010, the Brazil national team but thankfully they got a nice reality check in Frankfurt and in Cape Town so I think I will warm to the thought of a host nation winning in 2014!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by robocop1andahalf)
      No more than the fluke winners of 2005.

If I had a "love-to-fail" list:-

Manchester City (would never have been champions without that cash injection)
      England national team
      Greece national team
      Real Madrid (so arrogant, if there was any justice they would never have won those undeserved titles in 2003 and 2007)
      Bayern Munich (so arrogant, if there was any justice they would never have won those undeserved titles in 2000 and 2001 or even that boring Champions League win in 2001)
      Mario Balotelli
      Kevin Prince Boateng
      Beniot *****o Ekotto
      and until about 2010, the Brazil national team but thankfully they got a nice reality check in Frankfurt and in Cape Town so I think I will warm to the thought of a host nation winning in 2014!
      true, liverpool and chelsea are two of the worse winners of the champions league along with man utd of 1999 and porto in 2004

ReputationRep:
      true, liverpool and chelsea are two of the worse winners of the champions league along with man utd of 1999 and porto in 2004

ReputationRep:
      Certainly would add those two as well.

'99 a final between two teams that I felt did not deserve to be there as they qualified as domestic runners-up not champions the previous season and Dynamo Kyiv (when Shevchenko was breaking through before the big move to Milan) were robbed.

And with Porto in 2004 no doubt, it wasn't for that flukey last minute goal at Old Trafford.....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by robocop1andahalf)
      Certainly would add those two as well.

'99 a final between two teams that I felt did not deserve to be there as they qualified as domestic runners-up not champions the previous season and Dynamo Kyiv (when Shevchenko was breaking through before the big move to Milan) were robbed.

And with Porto in 2004 no doubt, it wasn't for that flukey last minute goal at Old Trafford.....
      So in it doesn't matter that we were in a group with Barca and Munich, and had Inter, Juve, then Munich in the knockouts, it was undeserved because we came second by a point in the league the year before?

ReputationRep:
      MK Franchise: Disgraceful the way they stole a league place from Wimbledon. Even worse is how they still claim to be the 'Dons'.

Codheads, Hull City, Lincoln City & Donny Rovers: Local Rivals

Chelski & Man City: Hate foreign billionaires coming in and buying trophies. The FA really shouldn't allow it. Financial Fair Play will do nothing to stop this.

Man U: *Insert generic/cliched reasons why people hate them*

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DaveSmith99)
      So in it doesn't matter that we were in a group with Barca and Munich, and had Inter, Juve, then Munich in the knockouts, it was undeserved because we came second by a point in the league the year before?
      Yes, kind of. As back then the idea of allowing a few runners-up in the competition for the first time seemed controversial and besides circa 1999 this was when Barcelona were very erratic (and both Man U games ended in draws not wins), Inter were very inconsistent in the 90s (and came 8th that year and had to do without Ronaldo) and that was the year Juve came 6th and missed Del Piero and Zidane for a large part of the year.

Mind you, Bayern would have been even less deserving champs that year!

And I'm OK with 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams being in the Champ League as long as they don't go far having qualified by the skin of their teeth the previous year (Liverpool in 04-05 and Bayern last year and even Arsenal on a few occasions spring to mind).

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.