Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys.. why don't you have long hair? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    I know you prefere females to have long hair but why don't you? Its sexy, loads of old rockers have long hair and it makes them look hot! Most guys i see hardly have any hair.:confused:
    here are three hotties for you...

Name:  js.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  67.5 KB

Name:  rd.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  20.0 KB

Name:  ps.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  32.7 KB

enjoy !!

:borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    how long was it?

I never had that, all I had..and still do have since it's long enough to tie back into a short ponytail is... "excuse me darling?...I mean sir..sorry.", happens at work all the time haha. It's just a little more cringe worthy when it's a guy saying something like "hey darling", I am not your darling , unless you're gay...then thank you for the compliment . In fairness though I buy a multipack of bobbles (is that what they're called?) and so you get yellow, pink and purple as well, I'll wear them like any other colour. I suppose when I'm facing away from them bending down into a freezer with a pink bobble on I can't blame them, though it's not as if I have a girls figure..right....right?! *sobs*.
    This long: http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...755_8201_n.jpg

ReputationRep:
    What do you take to be long hair? My fringe is long enough to drag down to below my nose (but it doesn't do that without being forced because it has got used to sweeping across my forehead, the sides come down to just my earlobes and the back slightly longer than that. It's sort of like your typical emo style but without it covering my eyes or dyed black. I wouldn't call it long personally but I'm sure other people would disagree.

Most guys don't because it's just irritating when it gets too long. Mine is reaching that point now and it's just a pain when you go out in the wind and it blows around, or when it rains and goes all flicky at the end. Plus it takes longer than short hair to style so that's a bit annoying.

ReputationRep:

Eh mines pretty similar, it doesn't end totally straight but doesn't curl so its probably the same sort of length but touches my shoulders a little more, as in my profile pic it used to be longer. I just tie it back into a ponytail all the time really, I used to straighten it sometimes but cba with that. I'm just not sure how else I'd have my hair really. When I first got with my girlfriend she suggested cutting it much shorter, since I'd had long hair for so long I thought eh I've never had someone elses view on what would look better so why not. I didn't cut it short short, but it didn't touch my shoulders at all. She decided she wanted it longer again instantly afterwards haha. But I've kept it this long not as long as it was.

I don't feel short hair would suit me, I can't imagine a style I'd go for. But then I have seen pics of guys with long then short hair and frequently it does look better short tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Eh mines pretty similar, it doesn't end totally straight but doesn't curl so its probably the same sort of length but touches my shoulders a little more, as in my profile pic it used to be longer. I just tie it back into a ponytail all the time really, I used to straighten it sometimes but cba with that. I'm just not sure how else I'd have my hair really. When I first got with my girlfriend she suggested cutting it much shorter, since I'd had long hair for so long I thought eh I've never had someone elses view on what would look better so why not. I didn't cut it short short, but it didn't touch my shoulders at all. She decided she wanted it longer again instantly afterwards haha. But I've kept it this long not as long as it was.

I don't feel short hair would suit me, I can't imagine a style I'd go for. But then I have seen pics of guys with long then short hair and frequently it does look better short tbh.
    Yeah, I'm the same. I think it's hard to judge your own hair, looking at other people is a much easier.

It took some playing about to find a short style I like (especially since my curly hair tends to tuft [messy] or curl in on itself [look like a monk] when short) but I got there eventually. Just sucks that it took me 24 years to figure out my own hair. :rolleyes: Every hairdresser I've had has told me my hair is really unusual in how it reacts to cuts though, so that makes me feel at least slightly vindicated.

ReputationRep:
    A great deal of guys start to lose their hair when they get to certain age and for some this happens a lot sooner than you think, my brother has been losing it since the age of 18 my boyfriend is only 31 and his hair has been slowly thinning for some time. Long hair with a pronounced bald spot looks worse that long hair in general. Personally I don't like long hair on guys, maybe it's my age but it looks incredibly juvenile and very silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)

enjoy !!

Agreed on Jimmy :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    so what do you guys consider to be long hair on guys?

ReputationRep:
    I have long hair and I must say I think it is getting a bit annoying so I'll have it cut. I currently have it like Brian May.

ReputationRep:
    I've tried to grow it but I just tend to become a mass of hair with a head attached. Doesn't help that my hair is curly unless kept reasonably short... :/

ReputationRep:
    girls have those problems too but still manage long hair. Would you be ok with a girlfriend having short hair if she didnt like long? So many guys tell me to grow mine long but i can relate to the inconvenience!
    Personally I'm pretty flexible with hairstyles as long as she doesn't have a blatant man-do.

As long as it looks cute/feminine I'm easy.

For myself I sported long hair once in my teens. I guess it looked okay but I dunno, I sort of grew out of it, much prefer short hair. Never went shaved-headed though, one genetic blessing is lack of male pattern baldness, happy days.

ReputationRep:
    It's costly and timely to maintain and it doesn't suit me. plus washing my hair is a breeze because it's so short. Just wash, rinse and wipe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)

enjoy !!

I can post ugly females who have long hair, so what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    I find that if I let it grow beyond a certain length then when the wind blows it can get in front of my face which annoys me.

I'm sure you find it very sexy etc. but it's not the main factor that determines the length that I wish my hair to be.

ok, is hair length one of the main factors that determines the attractiveness of a woman though?

I get advised by people to stop being a tomboy and am told the reason guys dont approach me is because i have short hair, but ive been thinking like you and not letting what people find sexy determine my hair length.

ReputationRep:
    Thats the same as my hair, but curlier!

ReputationRep:
    ok, is hair length one of the main factors that determines the attractiveness of a woman though?

I get advised by people to stop being a tomboy and am told the reason guys dont approach me is because i have short hair, but ive been thinking like you and not letting what people find sexy determine my hair length.
    Maybe other people think this - but I don't.

Also, maybe one of the reasons women don't approach me regularly is because I have short hair - but I'm not going to grow my hair long just so that they approach me more often.

ReputationRep:
    I have long hair. I don't think most girls like it but the ones that do love it.

Although only my mum says cut it.. but she's pretty much the only girl who would be totally honest n say that.. lol

ReputationRep:
    I know you prefere females to have long hair but why don't you? Its sexy, loads of old rockers have long hair and it makes them look hot! Most guys i see hardly have any hair.:confused:
    It is not worth all the time you will spend on taking care of it. At the end of the day, having long hair won't make you a deal-breaker for most girls.

ReputationRep:
    Mine goes halfway down my back, so...

ReputationRep:
    I use to have longish hair, but I can't have long hair now due to my cycling. It gets hot enough under a full-face on a cold day, don't need to increase the temperature by having long hair crating a blockage between your head and the vents on the helmet.

Also, to say I was often wild of hair would be an understatement, it looked its best messy and unkept but much of the time that wasn't quite describing what it looked like.

I wont go back to having long hair again, its just a nuisance in my lines of work and having short hair is just that much easier.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.