The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Drunk Girls - pics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snowyowl
To be honest it just looks like she's about to throw up all over him. Very sexy :erm:

Very very sexy......if you ignore her face in more ways than one....
I enjoy a drink with friends and when there's an excuse to celebrate, I'll take advantage of that.
But I have never got myself into a state like that. :plz2:

If people are going to drink, they need to learn their limits and realise how much alcohol they can, or can't in some cases, handle.
Getting intoxicated to that extent is just a waste of the Emergency Services valued time.
The most those photo tell us about is the obesity problem in the UK, more overweight girls than not!

Other than that, you'd be ridiculous to assume that this is typical of British people, this happens everywhere where people are free to drink and clubbing is popular.
Original post by Rybee
I think the simple terms thing is where I've gone wrong :rolleyes:

The choice of target is obvious. Do I have sympathy for the passed out drunken woman if she got raped?

No. It's self inflicted. /End of story.

No one asks to be raped.
Original post by danny111
AHAHAHAHHAHAH

AHAHAHAHA

and we all think the Daily Mail is trash. Whoever found this picture is a genius!

Oh my, that is just perfect.
Reply 85
Original post by redpanda41
No one asks to be raped.

Being drunk/passed out is self inflicted which leads to a higher probability of being raped.
Original post by Rybee
I'm in no way condoning rape, it's a disgusting crime, but some girls really do not do themselves any favours at all.

Original post by 2ndClass
That girl in the red dress could get it :colone:

Original post by Rybee
Hah, I thought this until I saw the pic of the back of her thighs covered in cellulite. The blonde in the blue dress looks like she'd be a stunner, lovely legs.

Doesn't sound like you're condoning rape at all. Also, sounds like you're looking more at how attractive the women are rather than how they're dressed.
Reply 87
That blonde in the blue dress is just... :sogood:
Reply 88
Original post by Rybee
Being drunk/passed out is self inflicted which leads to a higher probability of being raped.

:sadnod:
To an extent (and i know i'm going to get trashed for this analogy, but oh well) it'd be like going for holiday, leaving your house unlocked and expecting it not to get robbed.

As to the original point of the thread, as someone who enjoys a night out and has finished his undergrad in england i can safely say this is NAAAT newsworthy... seriously these pictures could be from freshers week, new years or anything in between! As a foreigner I can say there is quite a 'drinking' culture in britain, but it is REALLY not newsworthy!

Also, I've been in that state before where you really are too ****faced to even be coherent and that's how i learnt (sadly not after the first time though) that it really isn't that much fun!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Rybee

Everything we do increases the risk of something bad happening, doesn't make it 'self-inflicted' - otherwise we'd never leave our houses for risk of being mugged, murdered or raped. 'Self-inflicted' implies it is solely the victims fault; sure, you can take precautions against certain things happening, but that doesn't mean you're 'asking for it' if you don't.

Also, placing too much emphasis on rape happening on drunk/ revealingly dressed young women risks ignoring or denying other types of rape. There have been plenty of cases of elderly or disabled people being raped -the type of rapists who rape strangers are usually motivated by power, and will look for the vulnerable, not the most attractive or skimpily dressed female. Being very drunk will put you at risk, but so will walking at night, being in a secluded/ isolated area, being disabled or elderly. We can't blame people for doing things they have every right to be doing. We can advise people not to do certain things, but this should never imply that rape is ever self-inflicted, because it's not. No one wants or asks to be raped!
Reply 90
Original post by Vikki1805
I enjoy a drink with friends and when there's an excuse to celebrate, I'll take advantage of that.
But I have never got myself into a state like that. :plz2:

If people are going to drink, they need to learn their limits and realise how much alcohol they can, or can't in some cases, handle.
Getting intoxicated to that extent is just a waste of the Emergency Services valued time.

I've seen you sprawled across the pavement, legs spread with a bottle of lambrini in hand.
Original post by Rybee
I've seen you sprawled across the pavement, legs spread with a bottle of lambrini in hand.

Lambrini? Give me some credit, Rybee. :pierre:

If I'm sprawled anywhere with my legs spread, I have a bottle of Smirnoff's finest in hand!
Reply 92
Original post by redpanda41
Everything we do increases the risk of something bad happening, doesn't make it 'self-inflicted' - otherwise we'd never leave our houses for risk of being mugged, murdered or raped. 'Self-inflicted' implies it is solely the victims fault; sure, you can take precautions against certain things happening, but that doesn't mean you're 'asking for it' if you don't.

Also, placing too much emphasis on rape happening on drunk/ revealingly dressed young women risks ignoring or denying other types of rape. There have been plenty of cases of elderly or disabled people being raped -the type of rapists who rape strangers are usually motivated by power, and will look for the vulnerable, not the most attractive or skimpily dressed female. Being very drunk will put you at risk, but so will walking at night, being in a secluded/ isolated area, being disabled or elderly. We can't blame people for doing things they have every right to be doing. We can advise people not to do certain things, but this should never imply that rape is ever self-inflicted, because it's not. No one wants or asks to be raped!

That is the biggest load of nonsense I've ever read on TSR. I'm a bit fed up with this argument so I can't be bothered to reply to all the points you've conjured but it's honestly the most pathetic stance ever.
Just went back in the thread and read the rest of the posts. Absolutely disgusting.

This is another example of where men on TSR all take the defensive position to defend other men, which they ALWAYS seem to do for some reason. Even in the relationship forum where people ask for advice, no matter whether the person asking for advice is male or female, most of the men on TSR will automatically take the man's side by putting themselves in his shoes and then automatically going on the defensive.

It's actually making me think that the majority of people who are saying it's the woman's fault for putting herself in a vulnerable position - these people are actually the ones who would rape or have already raped drunk women before.

I'd love to know what would happen in a world scenario if men were the ones to get bum raped when they were drunk. Would the majority of them give up getting wasted in parties? Would they try to make themselves look unattractive/unappealing before leaving the house to try to avoid being objectified and/or raped?

I'd seriously like to see all the people who say women ask to be raped go on a trip to London. I'd like them to get lost in a ghetto neighborhood in south London and have some of them stabbed to death and the rest mugged. When they get back I'll just laugh and say they deserved it for going to dangerous places at night time. Funny thing is, they'll probably go all stereotypical and blame black people, but they'll cry if women call all men pigs/rapists.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by Vikki1805
Lambrini? Give me some credit, Rybee. :pierre:

If I'm sprawled anywhere with my legs spread, I have a bottle of Smirnoff's finest in hand!

Smirnoff Ice?
Reply 95
Original post by Dragonfly07
Just went back in the thread and read the rest of the posts. Absolutely disgusting.

This is another example of where men on TSR all take the defensive position to defend other men, which they ALWAYS seem to do for some reason. Even in the relationship forum where people ask for advice, no matter whether the person asking for advice is male or female, most of the men on TSR will automatically take the man's side by putting themselves in his shoes and then automatically going on the defensive.

It's actually making me think that the majority of people who are saying it's the woman's fault for putting herself in a vulnerable position - these people are actually the ones who would rape or have already raped drunk women before.

I'd love to know what would happen in a world scenario if men were the ones to get bum raped when they were drunk. Would the majority of them give up getting wasted in parties? Would they try to make themselves look unattractive/unappealing before leaving the house to try to avoid being objectified and/or raped?

I'd seriously like to see all the people who say women ask to be raped go on a trip to London. I'd like them to get lost in a ghetto neighborhood in south London and have some of them stabbed to death and the rest mugged. When they get back I'll just laugh and say they deserved it for going to dangerous places at night time. Funny thing is, they'll probably go all stereotypical and blame black people.

Nobody ever said that. You've read what you wanted to read, not what you should've read.

Go back to your cave and whinge to someone else.
Original post by Rybee
Smirnoff Ice?

Smirnoff Vodka... :sly:

Bloomin' Smirnoff I...the cheek of it! :nothing:
Original post by Rybee
Nobody ever said that. You've read what you wanted to read, not what you should've read.

You said DESERVE in one of your posts. I take it to mean the same thing.
Original post by Rybee

I'll tell you what you should do - go to Saudi Arabia or Egypt or Bangladesh. Life will be much easier and you'll be much less likely to face prison.

You don't see nearly as many women saying that other women deserve to be raped as men do (and when they do say that they happen to be religious zealots who have been brainwashed).

Why is that?? Because women don't feel provoked by the sight of other vulnerable women. They don't feel the need to rape. They don't understand it. That's why I think that most men who think women deserve to be raped are actually rapists or have had thoughts of rape. They're sympathizing with the rapist or at least seeing things from his point of view. Conclusion: you are either a rapist or a potential rapist (there's a third option of religious zealot but somehow I don't think you're one of those).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 99
I swear there's one of these articles every week in the DM.

Latest

Trending

Trending