Check out other Related discussions

Drunk Girls - pics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Welcome to modern "civilised" society.

Stay classy TSR.
Reply 101
Original post by Dragonfly07
Just went back in the thread and read the rest of the posts. Absolutely disgusting.

This is another example of where men on TSR all take the defensive position to defend other men, which they ALWAYS seem to do for some reason. Even in the relationship forum where people ask for advice, no matter whether the person asking for advice is male or female, most of the men on TSR will automatically take the man's side by putting themselves in his shoes and then automatically going on the defensive.

It's actually making me think that the majority of people who are saying it's the woman's fault for putting herself in a vulnerable position - these people are actually the ones who would rape or have already raped drunk women before.

I'd love to know what would happen in a world scenario if men were the ones to get bum raped when they were drunk. Would the majority of them give up getting wasted in parties? Would they try to make themselves look unattractive/unappealing before leaving the house to try to avoid being objectified and/or raped?

I'd seriously like to see all the people who say women ask to be raped go on a trip to London. I'd like them to get lost in a ghetto neighborhood in south London and have some of them stabbed to death and the rest mugged. When they get back I'll just laugh and say they deserved it for going to dangerous places at night time. Funny thing is, they'll probably go all stereotypical and blame black people, but they'll cry if women call all men pigs/rapists.

It makes perfect sense that provocative dressing and being drunk out of your mind increases the likelihood of being raped. No one said it is deserved, or its the only factor. It just contributes to it.

I'm a girl and I strongly stand by that point.

when i see people like this... i think... how can they enjoy this? i enjoy drinking with my mates, that's fun ofc, but these people get sooooooo ****faced i can't really see how it can be enjoyable to get drunk to the point of passing out in the street in a puddle of your own vom, fighting with your friends, ending up arrested/in hospital... i just don't get it. i don't know but i always manage to stop drinking before getting to that point, even when i can't remember what happened the night before that well so i'm clearly not that in control and my brain isn't really working, i still look back on it being a good night... never been in a state such as these guys. i mean to me it looks like they INTEND for this to happen?

we've all had embarassing/cringy/regretful drunk moments but this type of person seems to end up like this every time they go out!

Im the same, yes ive been absolutely off my face falling down drunk but rarely but i dont like being that way and dont set out to get like that.

And its typical daily mail tripe - how many hundreds of thousands would have been out on new years eve and weve got a few pics and sensationalist bull that its everyone everywhere
Original post by SuziieB
It makes perfect sense that provocative dressing and being drunk out of your mind increases the likelihood of being raped. No one said it is deserved, or its the only factor. It just contributes to it.

I'm a girl and I strongly stand by that point.

People did say it was deserved. People in this thread said it was deserved and that they have no sympathy for women who do get raped.

Also, I agree that drinking out of your mind increases your chances of being raped, but dressing provocatively doesn't. Rapists might choose an attractive person over an unattractive person, but an attractive face and modest clothing is better than a fat ugly face and dressing like a slut.

That isn't the point though. I don't think that the liberties of drinking and/or of dressing provocatively should be taken away from women simply because it increases their chances of being raped. Rather the laws should be firmer and/or more needs to be done in nightclubs and pubs to prevent rape. Drinking is part of our culture and people shouldn't be asked to stop doing it simply because it increases the chance of a crime being committed against them. That's medieval and wrong.
Reply 104
Original post by glousck
Oh look, people being drunk. Oh look, the Daily Mail made an article about it.

That's really all there is to say. Not endorsing that lifestyle but meh, its their lives, not yours or mine. Now that you've got a kick out of looking down on people and feel smug, just move on.

As much as I do not agree with the Daily Mail's exuberance... I do think you are wrong in asserting that "their lives" do not have an impact on the lives of those who do not go out and do such things.

You should look at the statistics (they will be online somewhere) of how much it costs the NHS to treat patients who have alcohol-related problems. Also factor in the amount of Police time spent on these people throughout the year, costs of cleaning the town centres and many other costs. These are huge costs to society as a whole.

The sad fact about the state of our society is that there are many people like you who do not seem to think of this as a problem that needs to be tackled.

Why is there a culture in our society that it is okay for these people to go out and do what they do? It's not education that is the problem. If anyone does a slight bit of research, they will be able to find enough information to stop them from drinking.

The problem is this view that "it's their lives"... well unfortunately "their lives" DO have an impact on our lives and the problem is only going to get worse!

Dragonfly07
You're obviously a rapist. I'll tell you what you should do - go to Saudi Arabia or Egypt or Bangladesh. Life will be much easier and you'll be much less likely to face prison.

There are insults and then there is just plain downright stupid... I'm afraid that this post of yours is definitely more towards the latter
Original post by Qaz25
As much as I do not agree with the Daily Mail's exuberance... I do think you are wrong in asserting that "their lives" do not have an impact on the lives of those who do not go out and do such things.

You should look at the statistics (they will be online somewhere) of how much it costs the NHS to treat patients who have alcohol-related problems. Also factor in the amount of Police time spent on these people throughout the year, costs of cleaning the town centres and many other costs. These are huge costs to society as a whole.

The sad fact about the state of our society is that there are many people like you who do not seem to think of this as a problem that needs to be tackled.

Why is there a culture in our society that it is okay for these people to go out and do what they do? It's not education that is the problem. If anyone does a slight bit of research, they will be able to find enough information to stop them from drinking.

The problem is this view that "it's their lives"... well unfortunately "their lives" DO have an impact on our lives and the problem is only going to get worse!

It is their lives and people who choose to drink are also people who pay taxes in order to get the NHS services. They have every right to destroy their health and then pay money to fix it.

There are insults and then there is just plain downright stupid... I'm afraid that this post of yours is definitely more towards the latter

You wouldn't say that if you read any of his earlier posts.
Reply 106
People did say it was deserved. People in this thread said it was deserved and that they have no sympathy for women who do get raped.

Also, I agree that drinking out of your mind increases your chances of being raped, but dressing provocatively doesn't. Rapists might choose an attractive person over an unattractive person, but an attractive face and modest clothing is better than a fat ugly face and dressing like a slut.

That isn't the point though. I don't think that the liberties of drinking and/or of dressing provocatively should be taken away from women simply because it increases their chances of being raped. Rather the laws should be firmer and/or more needs to be done in nightclubs and pubs to prevent rape. Drinking is part of our culture and people shouldn't be asked to stop doing it simply because it increases the chance of a crime being committed against them. That's medieval and wrong.

Well obviously its not deserved. That is an extremely wrong statement. No one is taking away the freedom of a woman to drink or dress provocatively either. She just has to be aware that she is increasing the likelihood of getting raped.

I read the previous posts and you're still an idiot. Nobody used the word deserved except for you. You're clearly just seeking out an argument and looking for somebody to moan at. Find something better to do with your time.
Reply 108
It's just typical of our society, people truly believe they can behave however they want to and any negative outcome is someone elses fault. Though sadly, in the case of rape, even the most ridiculous girls will be defended.

If someone was to play chicken with a train and got hit, pretty much everybody would say it was their own fault, yet that person didn't want to die and TSR users would bang on about "it's evolution". Dressing up like a tart and drinking so much you can't walk properly and being somewhere a rapist would look for a victim can be described as "your own fault". HOWEVER, the truth is this won't change, there will always be rapists, the police will never be able to look after every legless moron every night out, that's a fact.

Why is it, if a girl walks out into the road without looking and gets hit it's her own fault, if a girl dies from a overdose it's her own fault, if she drinks so many jaeger bombs she doesn't know her own name and stumbles around a crime hotspot and gets raped it's someone elses fault?????????
Original post by Creat0r
It's just typical of our society, people truly believe they can behave however they want to and any negative outcome is someone elses fault. Though sadly, in the case of rape, even the most ridiculous girls will be defended.

If someone was to play chicken with a train and got hit, pretty much everybody would say it was their own fault, yet that person didn't want to die and TSR users would bang on about "it's evolution". Dressing up like a tart and drinking so much you can't walk properly and being somewhere a rapist would look for a victim can be described as "your own fault". HOWEVER, the truth is this won't change, there will always be rapists, the police will never be able to look after every legless moron every night out, that's a fact.

Why is it, if a girl walks out into the road without looking and gets hit it's her own fault, if a girl dies from a overdose it's her own fault, if she drinks so many jaeger bombs she doesn't know her own name and stumbles around a crime hotspot and gets raped it's someone elses fault?????????

I'm not sure if you're being serious but I'll just assume that you're stupid and you're genuinely asking that. The difference between a girl being hit by a train and being raped is that the train driver was unable to stop (or that is assumed).
Obviously.
Original post by Creat0r

Well, yes. The rapist's, obviously, you twit.
Original post by Creat0r

Because people should know better than to rape. Are you seriously suggesting that if a woman is intoxicated it gives any man the right to rape her? Victim blaming at its worst. Obviously walking around drunk makes you more vulnerable but surely we should try to make streets and nightclubs as safe as possible so that women don't get taken advantage of.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Nick1sHere
I like going for a drink with mates but that.... I'd rather go to gym and work out

Srs

Dat burning sensation... mmm. Can you feel it deep in your thigh?
Reply 113
Original post by Creat0r

This.

Although, I disagree with your point because ultimately, it will always be the rapists fault. It should never be the victim. She has just contributed to being in that situation, however slight it is.

However, these days no one wants to take responsibility for their actions. Despite the fact she has knowingly dressed provocatively and drank excessively, how can she say she had absolutely no part in it? Why are people here so naive?

And to the point where dragonfly is mentioning only male rapists can think otherwise, it really only takes anyone with common sense and a sense of precaution to figure out how to prevent being raped.

They're young and having fun.

Stop being boring TSR.
You're obviously a rapist. I'll tell you what you should do - go to Saudi Arabia or Egypt or Bangladesh. Life will be much easier and you'll be much less likely to face prison.

You don't see nearly as many women saying that other women deserve to be raped as men do (and when they do say that they happen to be religious zealots who have been brainwashed).

Why is that?? Because women don't feel provoked by the sight of other vulnerable women. They don't feel the need to rape. They don't understand it. That's why I think that most men who think women deserve to be raped are actually rapists or have had thoughts of rape. They're sympathizing with the rapist or at least seeing things from his point of view. Conclusion: you are either a rapist or a potential rapist (there's a third option of religious zealot but somehow I don't think you're one of those).

Your levels of moistivity are through the ****ing roof.

Just stop talking - you're making yourself look like a right old tool.

Face facts - if a woman is dressed in the shortest skirt you'll see and is off her tits, then she is in fact most likely going to get taken advantage of by a bad person.
Original post by SuziieB
This.

Although, I disagree with your point because ultimately, it will always be the rapists fault. It should never be the victim. She has just contributed to being in that situation, however slight it is.

However, these days no one wants to take responsibility for their actions. Despite the fact she has knowingly dressed provocatively and drank excessively, how can she say she had absolutely no part in it? Why are people here so naive?

And to the point where dragonfly is mentioning only male rapists can think otherwise, it really only takes anyone with common sense and a sense of precaution to figure out how to prevent being raped.

I kinda agree with you but I disagree with your dressing provocatively point because ultimately, who decides what is provocative? A pair of jeans and a sleeveless blouse is seen as quite provocative in India, but saying that the victim was raped because she was wearing jeans is sad and rather stupid. Intoxication definitely plays a part in it though.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by SuziieB
This.

I don't understand to be honest. I really don't. These days no one wants to take responsibility for their actions. Despite the fact she has knowingly dressed provocatively and drank excessively, how can she say she had absolutely no part in it? Why are people here so naive?

To be honest, you're the one who's coming across as quite naive. The time I experienced the most sexual harassment in a nightclub was actually in a gay club, I was completely sober wearing dms, jeans and a tshirt. I don't even think I was wearing makeup. Fortunately the bouncers saw what was going on and intervened. What 'precaution' should I have taken? Should I have never left the house in the first place?

It can happen to anyone in any circumstances, and you're deluding yourself if you think it could never happen to you.
Original post by jamboogy
Your levels of moistivity are through the ****ing roof.

Just stop talking - you're making yourself look like a right old tool.

Face facts - if a woman is dressed in the shortest skirt you'll see and is off her tits, then she is in fact most likely going to get taken advantage of by a bad person.

Do you have any stats to back this up?
Reply 119
I went out, left my keys in a mates car, got smashed, 9-11 i don't know at all, found myself 4 miles away from my House and walked back with some people, vomming everywhere as I walked. Slept on a chair in my garage because I was locked out, crawled round to my Mum's mates at around 10, chundered about every 15 minutes for about 5 hours there, Mum took me home at 3 and I've drank flat coke and slept all day!

That was my new year, I hardly covered myself in glory!

Latest

Trending

Trending