The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Who's going to the University of West London in 2013?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I'm doing Psychology with Foundation Year if anyone else is? The timetable wasn't the big reveal I'd hoped it would be but at least we know which days we are in now.
Still confused about wtf freshers week is about, think its info overload. Is anyone going to any events??

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 201
Original post by irobynz
I'm doing Psychology with Foundation Year if anyone else is? The timetable wasn't the big reveal I'd hoped it would be but at least we know which days we are in now.
Still confused about wtf freshers week is about, think its info overload. Is anyone going to any events??

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi =) I'll also be studying psychology with found year. Have you got a copy of the timetable? I've been looking online for it but I can't seem to find it =/ as for fresher I'm going to the fresher ball in Mayfair on the Sunday with my boyf then the paparazzi party =)
Reply 202
Original post by Huma_A
I used to live there but always been used to that quiet kind of life. Moved here like over 10 years ago but people still say i have an accent that doesn't say i moved that long ago lol. They feel my accent is only getting stronger but i think it's cos my entire family including grandparents are from manchester hence the impact they have on me.
Thanks! Yeah I've not checked yet but will see if i can get anything more there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, I like quiet life even though I have always lived in London but it was on the outskirts, not really in or even around Central London. LOL. Do you think you have an accent? That's understandable and standard though because you're replicating what you hear on a regular basis. I had a tendency to mimic the accent to the person I was talking to. Although, this only happened once with one person.

You're welcome. I don't know anymore details so I am hoping someone else can share them with us. :smile:
Reply 203
Original post by irobynz

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am as well. :smile: I agree with you there, and I would really like to know the exact specifics but I am glad that there are 3 days only like I was hoping since travelling quite a long-distance almost daily would be quite exhausting. Do you happen to know the times we start at each day and possible end depending on our seminar group? :smile: I am still confused about Fresher's' Week because there are plenty of events but most of them are not my kind of thing. There are some clubbing events at Oceana and etc. but it all is quite costly and clubbing is not something that is appropriate or suited for a person such as myself. Well, if the SU people came, then they probably would have informed us more about it.
Reply 204
Original post by Sara14
Huma and Lola didn't come in today. Where were you sitting during the introduction up in 119? Are you going straight into year 1 or are you doing a foundation year too? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am pretty certain I saw/heard you Sara, but we didn't get a chance to talk/officially meet.
Reply 205
Original post by Zahra333
Heyyyy were you there today? Psychology?

I don't know if I saw you over the two days, but snap, same name, different spelling as well. :smile: I didn't even think of asking people their names. LOL.
Reply 206
Original post by Zara!
I am as well. :smile: I agree with you there, and I would really like to know the exact specifics but I am glad that there are 3 days only like I was hoping since travelling quite a long-distance almost daily would be quite exhausting. Do you happen to know the times we start at each day and possible end depending on our seminar group? :smile: I am still confused about Fresher's' Week because there are plenty of events but most of them are not my kind of thing. There are some clubbing events at Oceana and etc. but it all is quite costly and clubbing is not something that is appropriate or suited for a person such as myself. Well, if the SU people came, then they probably would have informed us more about it.

Well from what I understood of it our first lecture is on Tuesday 11-12 in G03 for one hour. Then depending on what seminar we are we could go home at 1:00, 2:00 or 3:00.
Wednesday I have no clue about yet and Thursday I think we do a 2 hour slot because we do the lecture and seminar in one go... I think. So could be 9-11, 11-01 or 01-03. I didn't find anything online, portal or blackboard either.

I'd like to go to a few events in the interest of getting to know people but because I didn't realise that we weren't in for the rest if the week I didn't get people's numbers. It's not really my thing but I only start uni once. Will have to see if I'm brave enough to go alone or get someone to tag along with me, if I'm even allowed to do that?
Lola, did you ask if you could bring someone along to events?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 207
Original post by irobynz
Well from what I understood of it our first lecture is on Tuesday 11-12 in G03 for one hour. Then depending on what seminar we are we could go home at 1:00, 2:00 or 3:00.
Wednesday I have no clue about yet and Thursday I think we do a 2 hour slot because we do the lecture and seminar in one go... I think. So could be 9-11, 11-01 or 01-03. I didn't find anything online, portal or blackboard either.

I'd like to go to a few events in the interest of getting to know people but because I didn't realise that we weren't in for the rest if the week I didn't get people's numbers. It's not really my thing but I only start uni once. Will have to see if I'm brave enough to go alone or get someone to tag along with me, if I'm even allowed to do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for sharing. Yes, I caught the first part about us having a lecture from 11-12 at the same place. Then, I assumed that there are three seminar groups with the time slots of 12 - 1, 1-2 and 2-3. I wonder how they will sort the groups out, alphabetically perhaps. I don't know about Wednesday either except the lecturer we're going to have. I only found a course module booklet and maybe a couple of other things but nothing regarding the timetable.

I agree, it's good to get to know people and getting numbers is something that is an alien concept to me. I prefer not to since my phone is unreliable and it gets pricey making calls and texts. I much prefer emails/online messaging and messaging through What's App and kik but my phone is too basic for that. I want to get a new phone, but I have to see if I can. I was contemplating going to a couple but I have to say I am not feeling the best due to the change in weather and sleeping patterns. Well, I hope you do what's right for you. I am not sure if you're allowed to bring someone that is not a student of UWL along.

For more information on the events, check out the link below:

http://www.uwlsu.com/homepage-tabs/freshers-2013/freshers-2013

Edit: An email came and the timetable is uploaded!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 208
Original post by irobynz

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah I rang the fatsoma people that's hosting the ball and they were fine with a non-student attending and the paparazzi party is also open to non-students its just the s.u before that's open to students only =) if there's any events that you really want to go to let me known and I'll try and go with you =)
P
Reply 209
Original post by lola69
yeah I rang the fatsoma people that's hosting the ball and they were fine with a non-student attending and the paparazzi party is also open to non-students its just the s.u before that's open to students only =) if there's any events that you really want to go to let me known and I'll try and go with you =)
P

I'm going to go to the freshers ball, try and mingle with people at Freddie's before heading off. The other 1 I wanna go to is the big joke one.
Thinking about the geek chic silent disco (although sleepy or hungover isn't good for your first day, so maybe / maybe not) and the papparazzi party.

I know one girl I met will be at the freshers ball and I wanna meet others too, anyone going tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 210
Original post by irobynz
I'm going to go to the freshers ball, try and mingle with people at Freddie's before heading off. The other 1 I wanna go to is the big joke one.
Thinking about the geek chic silent disco (although sleepy or hungover isn't good for your first day, so maybe / maybe not) and the papparazzi party.

I know one girl I met will be at the freshers ball and I wanna meet others too, anyone going tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have loved to have went tomorrow but because of my halls I won't be moving in until the 21st =( I'm glad I've found another fresher ball though so hopefully I won't feel like I've missed out on the event just as much =/
Reply 211
Original post by irobynz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, me and some others will be going to the Freshers Ball. It starts pretty early so not quite sure when we'll be heading off probably 9ish, by the way I'm doing Psychology with Foundation year as well so hope to see you there or where ever. :smile:
Reply 212
Original post by Zara!
Oh okay, I like quiet life even though I have always lived in London but it was on the outskirts, not really in or even around Central London. LOL. Do you think you have an accent? That's understandable and standard though because you're replicating what you hear on a regular basis. I had a tendency to mimic the accent to the person I was talking to. Although, this only happened once with one person.

You're welcome. I don't know anymore details so I am hoping someone else can share them with us. :smile:

Tbh I don't believe I have an accent but get the opposite answer off others.
& it's alright I only just remembered I had the email account on which it was said the timetable was up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 213
Original post by Huma_A
& it's alright I only just remembered I had the email account on which it was said the timetable was up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
would you be able to tell me what the timetables like please =) I can get onto the blackboard portal but cant access the timetable yet =(
Reply 214
Original post by Huma_A

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suck at identifying accents, so I probably wouldn't ever pick up on it anyway. Did they say you have an accent without knowing that you lived there? LOL. Yeah, the timetable is up as well as our first lecture. :smile: I already purchased all the essential/recommended books so far from Amazon like a day or two ago. I want to purchase a portable laptop but not sure which one.
Reply 215
Original post by Zara!
I suck at identifying accents, so I probably wouldn't ever pick up on it anyway. Did they say you have an accent without knowing that you lived there? LOL. Yeah, the timetable is up as well as our first lecture. :smile: I already purchased all the essential/recommended books so far from Amazon like a day or two ago. I want to purchase a portable laptop but not sure which one.

Lol without knowing I was from there they automatically assumed I was from up north. It was actually quite funny I went to induction and you know where they do your ID check etc.. They asked me my address, when I gave my london address the lady said 'no your real one' and I was like :/ it is my real one and she laughed saying oh I thought your here for the time being but your from up north I was like :| oh.
I need to get my stuff this weekend, not be out much & this weather makes me soo lazy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 216
Original post by Huma_A
Lol without knowing I was from there they automatically assumed I was from up north. It was actually quite funny I went to induction and you know where they do your ID check etc.. They asked me my address, when I gave my london address the lady said 'no your real one' and I was like :/ it is my real one and she laughed saying oh I thought your here for the time being but your from up north I was like :| oh.
I need to get my stuff this weekend, not be out much & this weather makes me soo lazy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, that's funny. I am going in to finish my enrollment in a bit. :smile: Yes, but according to that logic, you would have to travel a very long way to get there or did she assume that you were living in halls?

What stuff do you need to get? I got my stationery stuff a couple of days ago, because I was near the shops when I was visiting family. I need to get my scientific calculator back from my sister since we need it. I agree, it is the type of weather that makes you want to stay indoors.
Reply 217
Original post by Zara!
Haha, that's funny. I am going in to finish my enrollment in a bit. :smile: Yes, but according to that logic, you would have to travel a very long way to get there or did she assume that you were living in halls?

What stuff do you need to get? I got my stationery stuff a couple of days ago, because I was near the shops when I was visiting family. I need to get my scientific calculator back from my sister since we need it. I agree, it is the type of weather that makes you want to stay indoors.

She assumed I was living in halls and said we need your correct home address as if I'm stupid and I didn't know that lol.
I've got pretty much nothing, going today to get a book and pens to start off with lol and tbh with books- I'm gonna see what benefits me more and get em - my mum told me to get em all now but I cba lol so I think I'll wait.
Today weirdly it's sunny which is good. Still wouldn't have come out till my mum threw water over me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 218
Original post by Huma_A
She assumed I was living in halls and said we need your correct home address as if I'm stupid and I didn't know that lol.
I've got pretty much nothing, going today to get a book and pens to start off with lol and tbh with books- I'm gonna see what benefits me more and get em - my mum told me to get em all now but I cba lol so I think I'll wait.
Today weirdly it's sunny which is good. Still wouldn't have come out till my mum threw water over me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL. Some of the people who work there are not so bright, and I had to deal with one today. She was like you could be using your mum or sister's details, just because I didn't have a photo ID. Like what the hell? I had five pieces of evidence for identification so it was fine when another more official guy came. Of course you're not going to give an incorrect address. These people. LOL.

I got a project book to write in and the standard black pens. It's best to start off with basics. Yeah, there is still enough time to buy books anyway and it's best to wait and see.

Today, the weather was nice and sunny which is much preferable than the typical British weather but it made me feel lethargic. Haha, I would hate it if someone splashed water on me, especially when I'm tired. I just get called to wake up,.

Have you brought your stuff yet? I just got back!
Reply 219
Original post by Zara!
LOL. Some of the people who work there are not so bright, and I had to deal with one today. She was like you could be using your mum or sister's details, just because I didn't have a photo ID. Like what the hell? I had five pieces of evidence for identification so it was fine when another more official guy came. Of course you're not going to give an incorrect address. These people. LOL.

I got a project book to write in and the standard black pens. It's best to start off with basics. Yeah, there is still enough time to buy books anyway and it's best to wait and see.

Today, the weather was nice and sunny which is much preferable than the typical British weather but it made me feel lethargic. Haha, I would hate it if someone splashed water on me, especially when I'm tired. I just get called to wake up,.

Have you brought your stuff yet? I just got back!

Yeah they seem as if they've been dragged in to do the inductions against their own will. But the security guards in my opinion were a lot more clued on about what was happening and where.

Yeah finally, I got sidetracked into the phone shop for the iPhone5s I'm pretty bad like that when it comes to shopping- but yeah got my notepad and pens together.

Lol yeah trust me i always keep my door locked but I had to go to the chemist in the morning so when I got back I fell asleep again without locking my door then obviously my mum had her moment of Joy, i never get annoyed with her cos she's like my best friend and instead I'd return the favour and do the same back to her until she gives up :colondollar:

Btw have you got fb?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest