Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huma_A)
    She assumed I was living in halls and said we need your correct home address as if I'm stupid and I didn't know that lol.
    I've got pretty much nothing, going today to get a book and pens to start off with lol and tbh with books- I'm gonna see what benefits me more and get em - my mum told me to get em all now but I cba lol so I think I'll wait.
    Today weirdly it's sunny which is good. Still wouldn't have come out till my mum threw water over me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did they say what text books would be useful for the course? I was just going to wait until Tuesday and ask the tutor what would be the best books to get then try and download them on my kindle, so its much easier transport wise especially for over Christmas when I'll be back in Ireland instead of lugging heavy books back and forth all the time =)

ReputationRep:
    Well I know three more names of people on my course now; Zara, Lola and Zurvan. I'll keep and ear out for you guys on Tuesday.
    Went to the ball and it was pretty much what I expected. Not my usual thing but fun anyway. I might go to one or two later in the week too.

The books they suggested we get are 'introducing psychological research' 2nd or 3rd edition - Stella cotrell & 'the study skills handbook' 3rd or 4th edition - something benyard, I think.

Gotta get a scientific calculator aswell, looks like I'm going shopping tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they seem as if they've been dragged in to do the inductions against their own will. But the security guards in my opinion were a lot more clued on about what was happening and where.

Yeah finally, I got sidetracked into the phone shop for the iPhone5s I'm pretty bad like that when it comes to shopping- but yeah got my notepad and pens together.

Lol yeah trust me i always keep my door locked but I had to go to the chemist in the morning so when I got back I fell asleep again without locking my door then obviously my mum had her moment of Joy, i never get annoyed with her cos she's like my best friend and instead I'd return the favour and do the same back to her until she gives up

Btw have you got fb?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL. Yeah, they do act like that now that you mention it, even though they get paid. It did look like the security guards were more aware of what was going on.

Did you buy the iPhone 5S? I think it can be quite easy to get side-tracked like that. The basics are fine for now.

Haha, fair enough then. You forgot to lock it which gave her the opportunity to do so. Is that what you did? Return the favour? I find it pretty easy to get annoyed if I am tired.

Yes, I do but I am not active on it really. I only started looking into it after people from school found me and sent friend requests which I accepted out of politeness. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irobynz)
    I'm doing Psychology with Foundation Year if anyone else is? The timetable wasn't the big reveal I'd hoped it would be but at least we know which days we are in now.
    Still confused about wtf freshers week is about, think its info overload. Is anyone going to any events??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey so am I 3 days a week is good enough for me i suppose but looking at travelling and time - don't think it's convenient but I'm sure it'll be okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zara!)
    LOL. Yeah, they do act like that now that you mention it, even though they get paid. It did look like the security guards were more aware of what was going on.

Did you buy the iPhone 5S? I think it can be quite easy to get side-tracked like that. The basics are fine for now.

Haha, fair enough then. You forgot to lock it which gave her the opportunity to do so. Is that what you did? Return the favour? I find it pretty easy to get annoyed if I am tired.

Yes, I do but I am not active on it really. I only started looking into it after people from school found me and sent friend requests which I accepted out of politeness. What about you?
    Lol yeah but I'm sure that'll change again during the year.

Yep I got the 5s for my mum, she wanted the white and gold but it's unfortunate it's not been released yet.

Lol i do sometimes but I didn't on that occasion, it's weird cos this morning i forgot to lock it and had to go doctors but she didn't use the water technique lol i think it's cos she knows I was super tired from the trip to Thorpe park yesterday, was literally asleep from 6 last night lol

Ah okay that sounds fair. Yeah i do have one, it's there but only go on it when I'm super bored :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah but I'm sure that'll change again during the year.

Yep I got the 5s for my mum, she wanted the white and gold but it's unfortunate it's not been released yet.

Lol i do sometimes but I didn't on that occasion, it's weird cos this morning i forgot to lock it and had to go doctors but she didn't use the water technique lol i think it's cos she knows I was super tired from the trip to Thorpe park yesterday, was literally asleep from 6 last night lol

Ah okay that sounds fair. Yeah i do have one, it's there but only go on it when I'm super bored :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I'm sure it will... hopefully.

Which colour did you end up getting? That sucks though, that the colour she wanted wasn't available.

What technique did she use then? Well, that was nice of her then. How was the trip? LOL. You must have slept a lot. When did you wake up?

Yes, same here. I only just go on there to lurk for a few minutes or so to see what people are up to, and I sometimes message my friends on there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying mba at uwl

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was wondering if you took up the event management course and how you are liking it.

I am hoping to do the MA Fundraising and Special Event Management in 2014-15. It would be nice to know about the course.

Best,
    Nisha

(Original post by Snowking)
    Yup, unconditional offer for Events Management starting in september.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.