Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its_Jasper)
    Really? I dont think I do. As I have a friend who started film prod there. He didn't give me much insight (to tell the truth we barely talk now) but when I asked him last year why he left he said it's because he spent a lot of his time in lectures having his tutor continuously quote things from their 'failing published novel'. Hence the shred of doubt I have and if they did do a lot of practical how come nothings posted on youtube or vimeo from the uni? I've only found one guys showreel.
    I'm pleased you've mentioned this actually. For the price of uni, I want to hear as much about it as I can! I was under the impression it was very practical but you've made some valid points, there is little work on the internet? Anyway im attending another open day on the 20th of april and I'm going to find out as much as I possibly can!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh and type "uni of west london ba film" into youtube.. Thats as much as I could get

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NasiraK)
    Thank you so much! it's so detailed, did they talk about how the course is? like how much of it is exams/coursework? Ooh wish I'd of went then, cause I called them off the motorway and they said I'd be too late :/ I'm from Sheffield, we did end up going to London but not for the reason we'd planned lol. Did you think it was worth going to? I'm not sure if I should go to the next one and are there shops around the campus? how close is it to the centre of London?
    You're welcome! I am not sure about the exam and coursework element. I would presume it's like any other Psychology degree in the country, whatever that consists of. I would say things like dissertations would make up your grade. No one really asked this question. Oh, that sucks. You're quite far then. I think it was worth going to. You should go, if you have questions, which you clearly do. Yes, there are shops around campus as it is near Ealing Broadway. There is a Co-op right next to it, and we went there afterwards to buy some stuff. Well, I think it's only half an hour travelling distance from Central London.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Well done all for getting offers and accepted into UWL!
    I'm a student here already and I live in Paragon student accommodation. I know quite a lot of students wanted to move last year before they started to see what London was like and to enjoy it over summer! I have 3 rooms available right now for those who want to rent it even if it's just for a month before.

Feel free to ask any questions about the university as well x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teresa Griffiths)
    Yeah I got an offer for that Have you been to an open day yet to see what it's like?
    Hi, I also got an offer for this. Hopefully will be going to the open day on 20th April. As i will be commuting, I really want to know the time table for the course, as in how many days/hours of study is undertaken per week. Shame the time tables aren't printed or made accessible in advance. If anyone knows the typical weekly time table for this course pls pls let me know!! Thanks and Good luck everyone ! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tami12)
    Hi, I also got an offer for this. Hopefully will be going to the open day on 20th April. As i will be commuting, I really want to know the time table for the course, as in how many days/hours of study is undertaken per week. Shame the time tables aren't printed or made accessible in advance. If anyone knows the typical weekly time table for this course pls pls let me know!! Thanks and Good luck everyone ! xx
    Yeah i'm going to the open day. Is West London your main choice? I really want to know more about the accommodation and can't wait to see what the rooms are like

ReputationRep:
    Is there an applicant open day at UWL? Still making my decisions..I've been offered an unconditional offer for Music Management!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah on the 20th of April I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anyone accepted an offer of accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouSirName)
    Hey TSR,

I accepted a conditional offer for BA Film Production at the University of West London and I'm basically just wondering if any one has accepted any offers or looking to go?

Anyway message me or reply to the thread or something and we'll do an introduction day in the summer maybe because like many others, I'm from Kent and coming here not knowing anyone

All the best with applications and stuff :')
    Ah, I got a conditional for BA Film Prod also, and am thinking it's gonna be my firm! In all my other options nobody has really posted about film on these things either haha. Have you been to any open days/found out much about the course yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toble)
    Why hello!!

I got an unconditional (Finished school 2 years ago and took a break from learning things) from Uni of WL. I am 80% sure I'll end up going there and as I will be coming from Turkey then meeting people will be the first thing on the agenda
    I've accepted my offer and and doing Musical Theatre and also got my accomodation! Exciting stuff! I'm also in Turkey for a couple of weeks over summer! you going for Paragon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouSirName)
    Hey TSR,

I accepted a conditional offer for BA Film Production at the University of West London and I'm basically just wondering if any one has accepted any offers or looking to go?

Anyway message me or reply to the thread or something and we'll do an introduction day in the summer maybe because like many others, I'm from Kent and coming here not knowing anyone

All the best with applications and stuff :')
    Hey! I also applied there for film production, have you been to an open day or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its_Jasper)
    I've been offered a place from UWL (film prod) but still not sure, as the area itself is great. But its ranking by some of the papers isn't the greatest. Can anyone persuade me otherwise XD
    Hey, I live a two minute walk away so I guess I can give an accurate account of the area.

It isn't by any means perfect as in you get the odd group of chavs, it's not the cleanest place however there are a lot of advantages. As it's in london transport is very good, you've got ealing broadway (shopping centre) 5 mins away, Hounslow (town I guess) 15 mins away and then there's westfield 40mins away which I think is the biggest shopping centre in europe which has two cinemas. There's at least 3/4 swimming pools within a twenty minute radius, Brentford football club which is likely to get promoted to the championship this year. And if you don't like any of that you can get to central london in 40 mins..

so to sum it up it's okay, nothing special but by no means a bad area and if you don't like it you're no necessarily confined to the area. Moreover I recently visited southampton and well I was suprised how different it is so if you're coming from an area like that you may appreciate the different atmosphere, culture ect.

Hope this helps people, any q's fire awayyyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshuadavies95)
    Hey, I live a two minute walk away so I guess I can give an accurate account of the area.

It isn't by any means perfect as in you get the odd group of chavs, it's not the cleanest place however there are a lot of advantages. As it's in london transport is very good, you've got ealing broadway (shopping centre) 5 mins away, Hounslow (town I guess) 15 mins away and then there's westfield 40mins away which I think is the biggest shopping centre in europe which has two cinemas. There's at least 3/4 swimming pools within a twenty minute radius, Brentford football club which is likely to get promoted to the championship this year. And if you don't like any of that you can get to central london in 40 mins..

so to sum it up it's okay, nothing special but by no means a bad area and if you don't like it you're no necessarily confined to the area. Moreover I recently visited southampton and well I was suprised how different it is so if you're coming from an area like that you may appreciate the different atmosphere, culture ect.

Hope this helps people, any q's fire awayyyyy
    Good advice, although Westfield is really more like 15-20 minutes I guess. I personally prefer living just up the road in West Acton rather than Ealing itself as I find it a bit quieter, but depends whether you like the hustle and bustle or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiehardylane)
    I've accepted my offer and and doing Musical Theatre and also got my accomodation! Exciting stuff! I'm also in Turkey for a couple of weeks over summer! you going for Paragon?
    I've accepted my unconditional for Musical Theatre, sharing a flat in paragon with 2 girls whom I've made firends with at the audition and we get on really well already which block are you in for the accom?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm starting UWL as well in September, Theatre Production course - I accepted the offer a few days ago already and am really glad I got in!
    I'm from Austria, but have some family in the UK so I guess moving will be alright

Anyone else for Theatre Production?

ReputationRep:
    I've recieved a conditional offer from the Uni and accepted it as a firm, I love the Paragon building in Brentford as it is very much like an office building and hopefully wish to pursue my career in Mental Health Nursing

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone accepted their offer for a place at the university but is still waiting on an offer from Paragon for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I accepted my offer and had an offer from Paragon the day after I applied for accommodation.
    (Original post by JJackson94)
    Hi, has anyone accepted their offer for a place at the university but is still waiting on an offer from Paragon for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    I am! I'm studying events management BA! It would be so lovely to meet you all x

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.