Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applying for broadcast journalism received offers yet? If so where from and what's your first choice?
    I've had all of my offers now and want to know where other people are going.
    I've applied for broadcast journalism at Leeds, Nottingham Trent, Brighton and Salford, and multimedia journalism at Bournemouth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Yeah, I've applied for Leeds, Nottingham Trent, Staffordshire (all broadcast journalism) and Sheffield (journalism).

I've got conditional offers from Leeds (my first choice and the one I reeeeally want to go to), Staffordshire and Sheffield, and I've got an interview at Nottingham Trent next month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olly_1994)
    Hey!

Yeah, I've applied for Leeds, Nottingham Trent, Staffordshire (all broadcast journalism) and Sheffield (journalism).

I've got conditional offers from Leeds (my first choice and the one I reeeeally want to go to), Staffordshire and Sheffield, and I've got an interview at Nottingham Trent next month
    Leeds is my 1st choice too! I just really need to get the grades heads up for Nottingham Trent you have to write 250 words on why you want to be a broadcast journalist and then they give you 6 news stories and weather you have to pick 3 stories most related to Nottingham and record them as well as the weather at the end good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey!I've applied for broadcast journalism in Leeds too.I guess that's at the top of the list for everyone applying for such course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ascott4)
    Has anyone applying for broadcast journalism received offers yet? If so where from and what's your first choice?
    I've had all of my offers now and want to know where other people are going.
    I've applied for broadcast journalism at Leeds, Nottingham Trent, Brighton and Salford, and multimedia journalism at Bournemouth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Alice, I've applied to the same Universities as you, and the same courses. So far I've only had an off from Brighton - conditional, and interview offers from Nottingham Trent and Salford. Leeds is probably my first choice and I'm dying to hear from them, when did you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've applied to study broadcast journalism too and I've received all of my offers.

I am currently debating between: University of Leeds or Nottingham Trent, as I am from the Leeds area anyway and it is an absolutely fantastic city if you're moving into it. However, personally I'm not sure whether I should move further away to another city.

Nottingham Trent facilities were absolutely brilliant, although Leeds Uni itself is very prestigious and I much prefer the accomodation.

Are most people putting Leeds as their firm choice?

x

ReputationRep:
    Leeds were really late at replying to me, I didn't hear from them until nearly 2 months after I sent off my UCAS.
    (Original post by matthewlanglands)
    Hi Alice, I've applied to the same Universities as you, and the same courses. So far I've only had an off from Brighton - conditional, and interview offers from Nottingham Trent and Salford. Leeds is probably my first choice and I'm dying to hear from them, when did you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesslove)
    Leeds were really late at replying to me, I didn't hear from them until nearly 2 months after I sent off my UCAS.
    ahh ok, i think my application was sent on the 27th of November, so i should hopefully hear from them soon and my choices are between Leeds and Nottingham Trent as well!

ReputationRep:
    also, anyone feel free to get in touch with me. i don't want to be the only person at the interviews not knowing anyone, and i think it will be awkward enough anyway without atleast knowing someone? if you click on my username on here, my contact information is on there my name's matthew by the way if you hadn't already guessed.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've applied to study broadcast journalism too and I've received all of my offers.

I am currently debating between: University of Leeds or Nottingham Trent, as I am from the Leeds area anyway and it is an absolutely fantastic city if you're moving into it. However, personally I'm not sure whether I should move further away to another city.

Nottingham Trent facilities were absolutely brilliant, although Leeds Uni itself is very prestigious and I much prefer the accomodation.

Are most people putting Leeds as their firm choice?

x
    Jess I met you at the Nottingham Trent interview! So glad you got an offer from Leeds! Which ones your top choice I've decided to wait until I've got my January results and see where I am grades wise! But it's deffo Leeds or Nottingham Trent for me x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    also, anyone feel free to get in touch with me. i don't want to be the only person at the interviews not knowing anyone, and i think it will be awkward enough anyway without atleast knowing someone? if you click on my username on here, my contact information is on there my name's matthew by the way if you hadn't already guessed.
    I'm between Leeds and Nottingham Trent too! Haha what are your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm between Leeds and Nottingham Trent too! Haha what are your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww cool. So likely we'll be mates? Hopefully? and BBB, but I'm aiming for ABB, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    and are any of you at the Salford interview on the 18th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    and are any of you at the Salford interview on the 18th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm predicted ABB and I had mine on the 18th December! The lady is really nice I cant remember her name now, but she worked in America in New York reporting on Barrack Obama when he became President. In the interview you volunteer when to go and go in groups of three---- take a portfolio, I didn;t have one and was with 2 girls that did she asks questions and take them in turns to answer them. I cant remember all of them but here's a couple! Why Salford? Why Broadcast Journalism? Who's your favourite Journalist? What expereince do you have? What story would you have liked to have covered over the past year? And that's all I can remember! I think there was meant to be an english test too but the interviews went on for 2 hours so we didn't do one! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted ABB and I had mine on the 18th December! The lady is really nice I cant remember her name now, but she worked in America in New York reporting on Barrack Obama when he became President. In the interview you volunteer when to go and go in groups of three---- take a portfolio, I didn;t have one and was with 2 girls that did she asks questions and take them in turns to answer them. I cant remember all of them but here's a couple! Why Salford? Why Broadcast Journalism? Who's your favourite Journalist? What expereince do you have? What story would you have liked to have covered over the past year? And that's all I can remember! I think there was meant to be an english test too but the interviews went on for 2 hours so we didn't do one! Good luck!
    oh my god! I don't have a portfolio? wtf?! :'( thanks sooooooo much for telling me! I've been so worried, I still am, but at least I can prepare! I'm sure you did fine anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just realised, obviously you did fine because you have an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just realised, obviously you did fine because you have an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah haha! Just take anything with you that you've done relevant to the course. The two girls I was with had so much experience, one has her own radio show the other had reported for her local newspaper for a music event in their area (they were friends) so were bouncing off each other with all these sheets flying about of things they'd done! But they were both nervous like shakey voices and I was pretty chilled and calm so don't get worked up about it. I know that one of them has had an offer but the other hasn't heard back.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah haha! Just take anything with you that you've done relevant to the course. The two girls I was with had so much experience, one has her own radio show the other had reported for her local newspaper for a music event in their area (they were friends) so were bouncing off each other with all these sheets flying about of things they'd done! But they were both nervous like shakey voices and I was pretty chilled and calm so don't get worked up about it. I know that one of them has had an offer but the other hasn't heard back.
    *****es. I hate them already. I do a newspaper thing at school but I've only written 3 short articles for it because I started it this year and it's monthly. 3 articles is hardly a portfolio? it's not my first choice anyway. I don't even want to go there so I reckon I'll be cool about it anyway. Haha. I already feel loads better about it :') thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jess I met you at the Nottingham Trent interview! So glad you got an offer from Leeds! Which ones your top choice I've decided to wait until I've got my January results and see where I am grades wise! But it's deffo Leeds or Nottingham Trent for me x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awwh, that's do strange what's your name so I can remember who you are? Yeah do you know which is your firm choice yet? It's so difficult xx

ReputationRep:
    Awwh, that's do strange what's your name so I can remember who you are? Yeah do you know which is your firm choice yet? It's so difficult xx
    Alice Scott I was on my own my mum went shopping! And I decided to wait until I've got my January results to see if I can get the grades for Leeds and if not I'm going for Nottingham Trent. What are you going to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.