Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does the Sun newspaper not realise it's being trolled. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not that I read the sun much, but has anyone every seen the dear deidre section where people send in problems, mostly relationship problems and deidre will write back with some help and it is all posted in an article. You know the agony aunt/advice bit. Anyway most of the stories you see sent in are incredible. I mean really messed up, so much so they clearly look like trolls. I mean it is actually hilarious to read some of them because they seems so trollish. For example todays one a girl that is 16 and her boyfriend is 24 wants him to stop having one night stands and calling her useless and also he hits her. Also he hates her gay best friend because he thinks she is cheating on him with the gay best friend. Oh and she is worried that she is pregnant with her gay best friends baby because they actually have had sex. She just wants her boyfriend to love her. LINK

Or this one where the headline states:

"My stepmum is cheating on dad with my older brother and me"

and the first few lines say:

"MY new stepmum seduced me and has promised more if I don’t tell my dad she’s been cheating.I’m a 16-year-old lad. I have always been close to my dad so I feel guilty but I can’t say no."

Some of them are worse. But the response is even better, the fact that they respond to this and take it seriously is hilarious. I mean clearly it's a troll, either that or or the people that read the sun are seriously messed up individuals without half a brain between them. :rofl:........................ oh wait. :pierre:

No but seriously, they must know they are being trolled.

ReputationRep:
    I don't read the Sun either, but that is hilarious! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Well they have a reputation to keep up!

ReputationRep:
    Not as good as the tsr relationship section

ReputationRep:
    I love the bit where they put a photo of "Tom" and underneath in small grey text it says "posed by model" sounds like they just made "Tom" up!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foghorn Leghorn)
    Not that I read the sun much, but has anyone every seen the dear deidre section where people send in problems, mostly relationship problems and deidre will write back with some help and it is all posted in an article. You know the agony aunt/advice bit. Anyway most of the stories you see sent in are incredible. I mean really messed up, so much so they clearly look like trolls. I mean it is actually hilarious to read some of them because they seems so trollish. For example todays one a girl that is 16 and her boyfriend is 24 wants him to stop having one night stands and calling her useless and also he hits her. Also he hates her gay best friend because he thinks she is cheating on him with the gay best friend. Oh and she is worried that she is pregnant with her gay best friends baby because they actually have had sex. She just wants her boyfriend to love her. LINK

"MY new stepmum seduced me and has promised more if I don’t tell my dad she’s been cheating.I’m a 16-year-old lad. I have always been close to my dad so I feel guilty but I can’t say no."

Some of them are worse. But the response is even better, the fact that they respond to this and take it seriously is hilarious. I mean clearly it's a troll, either that or or the people that read the sun are seriously messed up individuals without half a brain between them. :rofl:........................ oh wait. :pierre:

Oh dear God.

You do realise that the stories in Dear Deidre are made up by the editor and they're not actually real? Did you actually think these were real problems that real people had sent in? LOL.

My mum's friend was a journalist who used to write them and they'd have a right laugh together making up the stories.

You've just been trolled by the trolls that don't exist...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Oh dear God.

You do realise that the stories in Dear Deidre are made up by the editor and they're not actually real? Did you actually think these were real problems that real people had sent in? LOL.

My mum's friend was a journalist who used to write them and they'd have a right laugh together making up the stories.

Accodring to it's wiki page it's real. Or rather the sun claims that it's real. I never said they were real problem I even state in the thread title I think the sun is being trolled. Everyone else seemed to grasp this point before even entering the thread.

But of course your mums mate works there, how convenient.

ReputationRep:
    Accodring to it's wiki page it's real. Or rather the sun claims that it's real. I never said they were real problem I even state in the thread title I think the sun is being trolled. Everyone else seemed to grasp this point before even entering the thread.

But of course your mums mate works there, how convenient.
    A page on Wikipedia says it's real so you must believe it!?

Does the Sun newspaper not realise it's being trolled.
    Your title suggests you do believe that people write in and the print the responses..

You obviously did think they were real...
    Anyway most of the stories you see sent in are incredible.
    But the response is even better
    the fact that they respond to this and take it seriously is hilarious.
    Stop trying to backtrack after looking stupid. Just admit it

ReputationRep:
    Complete nonsense. Stop trying to apply your false Internet 'logic' to the real world.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    I worked in this for work experience, at the place that does 'Take a Break' etc (They all come from the same office).

They genuinely make the stories up, though they sometimes base them on things people send in. If they're made up they don't have to pay anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    A page on Wikipedia says it's real so you must believe it!?

& you obviously did think they were real...

Stop trying to backtrack
    Are you really an idiot or have you just not bothered reading my post. I have clearly stated my stance in my op, i state numerous times that I think the the posters are trolling. I even say at the end No but seriously, they must know they are being trolled.

Secondly it may just be wiki but but so far I have backed up my theory with a source. You haven't.

It is very plausible it's all made up as well but clearly you haven't understood the point of my post.

ReputationRep:
    Are you really an idiot or have you just not bothered reading my post. I have clearly stated my stance in my op, i state numerous times that I think the the posters are trolling. I even say at the end No but seriously, they must know they are being trolled.

Secondly it may just be wiki but but so far I have backed up my theory with a source. You haven't.
    I don't need a theory because I know the truth that they're all made up..? You're making yourself look sillier and sillier post by post...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    I don't need a theory because I know the truth that they're all made up..? You're making yourself look sillier and sillier post by post...
    You know the truth. Ok prove it.

It may well be all made up. I was merely posting the idiocy of it all and suggesting that either the sun doesn't know it has been trolled. Or that they do but still post it. You decided to come up with some claim that I thought the posters were real. Never once did I suggest this. Read the damn op.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeschylus)
    Not as good as the tsr relationship section
    :rofl: One could write a book on is seen posted there everyday. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Oh dear God.

this just got meta

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that the Sun actually employs the best journalists in the industry. That, or they have the best-paid journalists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cats are cool)
    this just got meta
    That sig is ADORABLE :awesome:

ReputationRep:

Did it never occur to you that they make the stories up?

You might just be very cleverly trolling us.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, leave them alone, they're happy in their minds thinking; "this is world-class news!".

But as OP, it's pretty funny, trolling has gone out of control. Hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameritus)
    That sig is ADORABLE :awesome:
    haha thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.