Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really confused by the problems e.g. when it gives you the results of a cross in a table.

So I know the most abundent classes are the parental ones.

Then you look at the least abundant classes, which are the one which would have have double crossovers.

So then to find the gene in the middle do you keep swapping the order of the genes of the least abundant classes and performing a double cross until the gene order matches that of the parental class, or is that completely wrong? Or do you do that, but with the most abundant classes to see what produces the right order as shown with the DCO's.

I also have issues visualising double crosses. For example if you had:

++s
    br+

and you did a double crossover, what would you get?

If someone coud explain exactly which letter swapped with which I would be eternally greatful!

Then you rewrite all your genotypes with the right gene in the middle.

And from there I'm ok; I know how to get which gene is on the right/left and how to work out the distances.

My main issue is the DCO bit! Thanks in advacne!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.